Back to old website

hey! be proud of me people...

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
star_light
star_light | 22:06
im giving up smoking

yes me...ME! the f*ckin smoker of the world. i started years ago...and this evening...ive decided it isnt worth it...

ok so w2ish me luck n ill keep u all informed!
1 to 25 of 55 comments
page 1 of 3
Snowdrop
Snowdrop | 22:06
good luck!
PenguinGirly
PenguinGirly | 22:06
Hey Starry!! It CAN be done!!!! I know - I did it!!!
the_locust
the_locust | 22:07
whoohoo, great idea Holli! Good luck!
I_Am_Da_Shiznit
Congrats! That's awesome that you quit, I hope you will be able to stick to it, and I believe you can, because you seem to have lots of will power and there is another word that I would use here, but i can't think of it right now
JenniGirly
JenniGirly | 22:08
*applause*
MistressMc
MistressMc | 22:08
good luck sweetie!!!
IrishMeg1
IrishMeg1 | 22:09
Holli!! yay! good luck i know u can do it, i hate fath and fate in you! hehe
*does a dance*
pdub
pdub | 22:13
WOOHOO YAY u can do it
star_light
star_light | 22:14
we have the same bday ^!!
lbp116
lbp116 | 22:18
Good Luck
myangel
myangel | 22:19
good luck to u my dear and let me know how u get on.....ive been trying to quit for ages and still havent managed it (although i have cut down a lot)

but good luck to u, i know u can do it!!

xxx
Dekar
Dekar | 22:22
That's great that you want to do that, holli. Quitting smoking isn't the easiest thing to do, especially if you smoked for a long time. I've seen several relatives try to quit before too. Some failed, some succeeded but still get cravings...Just persevere and take it one day at a time. I don't know if the cravings will ever go away, but I hope you eventually do get it out of your system completely.

I have family who've lost their health due to smoking and are now incapacitated on an oxygen machine for life. Now, while that's extreme, it's always a chance you take when you smoke. Some risks aren't worth taking, so it makes me smile to hear that someone's making a choice that's for the best of his/her health. It makes your wallet feel al tiny heavier too.
little_girl
little_girl | 22:27
Good for you Holli! I'll be cheering you on.
rawkerNoNagal
Way to go! Idea-put all the money you've spent on fags in a jar. At the end of the week, month, wahtever, use that moeny and treat yourself. A friend of mine did that and now gets weekly manicures and pedicures, lol. Sure beats smoky breath.
Masterful_Ally
Masterful_Ally | 22:33
I've been smoking for about 3 or 4 years, and around 10 a day (sometimes more if I'm drinking) for about 2 years....and I've been trying and trying to give up and I just can't, it's getting very depressing.....for example its 10pm now, I last had one at about 2pm and I'm craving madly, I know I'll smoke before I go to bed
star_light
star_light | 22:39
my average day...is buy a 20 deck of mal lights. have 2 b4 the bus...then threw college day i smoke. tutors dont mind if u pop outta class for a cig-usually they join u! then if i have a free arvo we go up 2 the snooker club or pub and i smoke. i either run out by now and buy a 10deck.-of which ill smoke about 4..or i have 1 or 2 left for the bus.
so atleast 18/20 a day

thats disguistung

and im only nearly 17
rawkerNoNagal
I think smoking smells bad.
Masterful_Ally
Masterful_Ally | 22:43
I literally cannot afford to buy 20 a day - thats a fiver a day, I just don't have the money.

I normally have one on the way to the bus, one when I get off the train, one when I arrive at college, one midmorning, 3 at lunch, one when I leave college, and the rest at home.... then if I go out to the pub in the evening (often, heh) I'll have about 5 more or so....often scrounging of people.

Today I cut that down to one in the morning and 3 at lunch, n probably one in a minute - which is good going, but it never lasts more than a few days like this, dammit.....and I'm not even 19 yet, hah. I blame my old highschool, EVERYONE smoked, we even had a smokers yard for each year group, for gods sake.
star_light
star_light | 22:47
lol im goin from 20 a day to 0! ahhhhh i dont no how im actually gonna survive! all of my mates r smokers at college. at high skool hardly ne of my mates smoked. was me...they used 2 critise me and patronise me bout it....but id just have a crafty fag out the loo window! hahahaha classy bird or wot?1
ViSioN
ViSioN | 22:49
wooooooo! way to go holli! good luck.
Masterful_Ally
Masterful_Ally | 22:50
At my old high school and sixth form, almost everybody smoked. At my art college? EVERBODY smokes, lol. There's no way you can cut straight off them, I tried that once and only lasted 2 days, lol. Just try to cut down to, say, 10 a day - don;t chain smoke. When I'm at lunch or in a pub I tend to light up every five minutes - just don't do that, whatever you do....
ViSioN
ViSioN | 22:51
use the patches and te gum and stuff that they've got out now.
Masterful_Ally
Masterful_Ally | 22:54
They are complete bollocks. I wish someone would lock me up in a room for 2 weeks and put food through a flap, haha.
star_light
star_light | 22:55
yea man thats wot i wanna do-cold turkey all the way!
XxNirvanaxX
XxNirvanaxX | 22:57
Smoking..how...sick
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: