LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

problems with the drives

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
LuvDATcHEESe
LuvDATcHEESe | 07-12-2003 01:51
ok, so heres the skinny, a lil while ago (say bout october) i tried to burn a cd, and it said i couldn't do it cuz my comp couldnt locate a burner or wutever so i was like all confused. and then i looked in the my computer folder and both of my drives were gone. and i know for a fact that i had my drives on oct 3 cuz i date all my cds and that was the last one i burned and the time it wouldnt burn was near the end of october. and ever since then i been tryin to get them back and my dad has already called DELL and they really didnt help much. so any of y'all got any suggestions to help out it would be greatly appreciated. thanx bunchies

smoochie smoochie
3 comments
SomeCallMeMaxx
SomeCallMeMaxx | 07-12-2003 01:59
Here's how I check for drives:

Start > Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > System(which brings up the Systems Properties window) > Hardware tab > Device Manager > right-click DVD/CD-ROM > scan for hardware changes

That's how I work it. The point is to scan for hardware changes.

There's two more ways to check for drives, but they're not fun and you can lose data files doing it.

I have an HP with Windows XP so it might be different for Dell. Sorry that I can't help more cuz I don't wanna mess your comp up too much, and sorry that Dell didn't help. I know how frustrating missing a drive can be, cuz I'm missing my CD-RW.
LuvDATcHEESe
LuvDATcHEESe | 07-12-2003 03:17
thanx for the help, i tried that but when i right clicked and scanned for changes nothing happened. so i still dont know wuts wrong. but thanx for tryin! toodles

smoochie smoochie
king_gorack
king_gorack | 07-12-2003 15:27
Try going to Control Panel then onto Add Hardware and follow the instructions.

Im guessing it could possibly be a driver problem. Do you still have the CDs you got with the drivers for your CD burner. Im guessing it came with the PC so you should have a Drivers and utilities CD (or something similiar) try running that and see if it works.

POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: