LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en
Follow 0
Add topic
Search
JRMSIHLF
JRMSIHLF | 05-12-2003 04:39
ok there is a Kazaa that you pay for, and then there's another new one that's ad supported... does that mean that both of these are legal or something? and does the one you pay for have unlimited mp3 downloading? the site doesn't give very much information (either that or my attention span is too short)
3 comments
Dream27
Dream27 | 05-12-2003 06:12
There is Kazaa that you have to pay for. I'm guessing that that makes them legal. I went to one of the sites and it said that it was legal.
andro
andro | 05-12-2003 07:20
I'm guessing you mean "Kazaa Gold"

It's been available for a coupla months now, and it offers unlimited free music downloads along with enhanced privacy protection. I don't know about the whole legality of the situation, but I'm assuming that Sharman Networks (the company that produces both Kazaa Media Desktop and Kazaa Gold) is giving a certain amount of the income from Kazaa Gold to the music industry

The original Kazaa was ad supported, but many people found this annoying and most detection programs found that parts of it were very likely to be spyware (although Sharman Networks asserts that no spyware is used in its products)

There is also Kazaa Lite (produced by an entirely different organisation) that is free to download and run. However, it is a modified version of the original Kazaa that has just had all of the ad supported features removed. It's just the bare basics of the original with a few new tools added to help protect your online privacy. It was designed for educational purposes only and since it's a "hack" then installing it for any other reason is illegal. This, however, has not stopped it from becoming extremely popular for music downloading
king_gorack
king_gorack | 05-12-2003 11:17
Kazaa has always been legal. Its just a piece of software. It was what people used it for that was the problem.

This Site Is the Kazaa site which gives information on the Pay to Use Kazaa but i think Andro said it all.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: