Follow 0
Add topic
Search
ice_white_tiger
ice_white_tiger | 29-11-2003 22:56

OK, everyone spill it.
How do you flirt with someone?

* offtopic :
OK, ill admit it, i need advice. The guy's going out with a friend and i know he wont say anything if i flirt with him in private... But i need to seem really flirtateous... if all goes well, ill be asking advice on something a teeny bit more, er, personnal...

* offtopic :
God, im a crap friend...
26 to 50 of 57 comments
page 2 of 3
ice_white_tiger
ice_white_tiger | 29-11-2003 23:22
* offtopic :
I wont do anything, i dont have the bottle to go behind her back. i couldnt do that to her anyway.

How the hell do i get into stuff like this?!

*looks through the smilies*
DAMMIT! Why cant i find that smilie which is bashing his head against a wall...

*looks again*
Dekar
Dekar | 29-11-2003 23:32
1. He stares at you alot.
- This is true. If I like a girl, I can't take my eyes off her.

2. He hits you a lot. (just play hitting)
- I guess this somewhat true as well, I mean, we want to seem like we're playful and not just out for the nookie, since that's what so many women think nowadays.

3. He uses the first thing that pops into his head to start a converstaion with you
- Yeah, we're known to say dumb things at inopportune times.

4. He yelled, "Hi!", to your mom that day she picked you up from school.
- I read so many articles about how women like guys who get along with their parents. It's almost impossible not to do this.

5. He blew off his buds to go see "Run Away Bride" with you cuz you couldn't get another girl pal to go and didn't want to go alone.
- We're nice like that. Date us!!!

6. He tries to make you laugh anyway even if he gets hurt in the process.
- Someone once told me "Une femme qui rit est un femme dans ton lit." which basically means if she laughs, she's yours. I can only pray this is true.

7. His voice gets softer ("Hey, you") when ever you two talk.
- Another result of "tips on getting girls" magazine articles. Be softer. What garbage, but yeah, it probably happens often.

8. You hung up on him. He called you back.
- Determination: a trait possessed by all males who are interested in a female. Sometimes known as desperation.

9. You where invited by him to a group outing.
- It gives us a reason to ignore that friend we have that we don't really like but we're too nice to tell him to go away.

10. He called you to talk about nothing at all.
- I can't vouch for this one. I tend not to call most of the time out of fear of sounding like I'm boring. lol

11. He imitates your laugh. OK, you do snort sometimes, which makes you laugh even harder.
- That's just weird.

12. He remembers little things you mention in casual conversation.
- Oh you betcha. I forget my family's birthdays and anniversaries all the time, but I know her favourite book, food, and what she likes to do when she's sitting on the bus by herself to pass the time. lol

13. He sometimes stares straight into your eyes.
- You have my attention.

14. He every possible way to touch you (your hair, face, butt, thighs, ect.)
- We can only hope you feel comfortable when we touch you. This is for testing purposes.

You can now disregard everything I've said.
cairowinters
cairowinters | 29-11-2003 23:50
*chuckles at Dekar*

I think a lot of those things on that list are true - I've seen that list before in an email fwd.

Think carefully about whether it would be worth going behind your friends back - is this a really good friend? Would yu and this guy last together?

Maybe it would be better to wait a bit and see what happens.

But if you're looking for revenge for something (like someone mentioned earlier) then you could have some fun
Achilles
Achilles | 29-11-2003 23:51
Don't beat around the bush (flirting), just get right to the action. Take control of the situation and show him that you always get what you want.

Just kidding...hope all works out for you.
Jez
Jez | 30-11-2003 01:14
Hehe.... I had a little chuckle to myself when I saw the title to this thread.

Personally, before anything happens, before any flirting starts, you have to check that other person out. Give them the sly, cheeky little eye, and if you get caught, as embarassing as it may seems, it's for the best. What's the point in checking out a person if they don't know you are?

Anyway, once you're there, you just have to gauge into conversation and go with the flow... see what they are interested in and see if you can engage in a conversation. Then just see where it takes you.

I found a really good line yesterday night actually. I went out with a few mates from work to London and said, "Hi there ladies. I'm not from around here. Where's best to go afterwards?" As lame and as stupid as it sounds, it worked... the potential is there... the world could be the oyster... one wrong step though and the world would be just another smelly fish.
carole
carole | 30-11-2003 10:53
"Where's best to go afterwards?" argh please Jez... this never worked... lol
Jez
Jez | 30-11-2003 10:56
Well Carole.... you don't have to flirt. You just stand in the same room as a guy and your sheer presence makes them want to jump on you!
carole
carole | 30-11-2003 11:09
now really
carole
carole | 30-11-2003 11:12
Yeah so from a girls point of view now...
1. She makes eye contact and smiles at you.
2. She hits you softly on the arm and laughs when you say something funny.
3. She flips her hair when she's talking to you.

Sure, like with pretty much everybody.

4. She touches your arm when she talks to you.
Yeah any kind of touching is nice... to quote Matt, this is for testing purposes, teehee.

5. She says, "No, I'm not telling you who I like!" with a big smile on her face.
Maybe when i was 13, i dont remember.

6. She asks you who you like or who you would go out with seemingly interested.
and 8. She criticizes you on a girl you like.

Now that one's true, faking interest when it comes to the guy's lovelife. Even to the point of commenting on how nice this or that girl is. Unfortunately its not as easy as it sounds : if a girl seems interested in your lovelife it doesnt necessarily mean she's interested in u. Another sayin for u to quote matt : "Souvent femme varie, bien fol est qui s'y fie", ie. women often change their minds, u'd be crazy to trust them. haha

7. When you go to the movies with a bunch of your friends and she is almost always next to you.
Yes, yes yes.

9. You catch her staring at you.
Thats IF u notice.

10. She plays with your hair or tries to put make up on you.
Wth?! no.

11. Her friends outside of school and in school know about you, and says she talks about you a lot.
Yeah, when u're still at school yeah.

12. She knows your phone number and address.
Even if she never uses them, yeah. Almost every girl i know has once followed a guy to his place just to know where he lived. hehe

13. She will try and talk, and spend time with you as much as possible.
Absolutely. But probably in a more subtle way than guys, haha.
the_locust
the_locust | 30-11-2003 11:29
Who puts makeup on a lad to flirt...haha
I agree with most of Carole's post except you obviously can't mention it to your friends and following him to his house is a little sad...
Just try to be around him and his group of mates, be nice, smile and laugh at their jokes even if, like most of guys jokes, they aren't funny....
Like Carole said about the cinema, maybe ask a lot of your mates to the cinema on the weekend, ask your mate and her bf, try and sit next to him and then when you laugh just touch his arm or get his attention to show your laughing. Share some popcorn, it always allows you to subtely touch their hand...heh.

Good luck Icey
carole
carole | 30-11-2003 11:57
lol I wasnt givin advice on flirtin...
And when i said almost all girls i know have followed a guy to his house, i meant they did that when they were 12. And yeah, it was silly, lol, but we did it anyway.
Jez
Jez | 30-11-2003 12:19
Well.... there's another way.... you could always serenade them by singing a song for them...
lilrocker821
lilrocker821 | 30-11-2003 13:23
Well when it comes to flirting guys are so agressive with me! Sheesh once this guy practically raped me at this party actually thats another interesting topic...rape...it sux lol
lilrocker821
lilrocker821 | 30-11-2003 13:24
Omig i lylas Aussie...*hugs *
Dekar
Dekar | 30-11-2003 14:53
How to flirt...

Step #1: Hack into an MSN conversation with Carole.

Step #2: Watch.

Repeat as necessary.
carole
carole | 30-11-2003 14:56
oh geez i can't let u say that...
I'll juts correct u :

How to flirt...

Step #1: Hack into an MSN conversation with Matt.

Repeat as necessary.
Dekar
Dekar | 30-11-2003 14:59
Oh, must I?

How to flirt...

Step #1: Hack into an MSN conversation with Carole and Matt.

Repeat as necessary.
carole
carole | 30-11-2003 15:13
SHHHH
Dekar
Dekar | 30-11-2003 15:21
*shushes*

See? Even when the kind of "like" I want, they're ashamed.
Memorize
Memorize | 30-11-2003 15:25
laugh at their jokes , say their name quite often , and playfully hit their arm sometimes
Jez
Jez | 30-11-2003 15:36
Oh yes.... pure simple flattery and positive comments towards those who you like also help. If they like you back, then that's already half the battle won.
carole
carole | 30-11-2003 15:38
Yeah, dont make fun of them too much either. For example, dont insist on callin him gay, haha, that never works. lol
Masterful_Ally
Masterful_Ally | 30-11-2003 15:47
How do I flirt? Well, I'm a flirt, I'm shameless, I like the attention, haha.

If I feel like flirting with a guy I generally just look him in the eye when hes talking to me, give him my special 'cheeky' smile (don't laugh!) and generally do things like bump knees under the table of link arms when we're walking down the road. I tease guys too, just for a laugh together though! Half the time I don't really fancy them, I'm just bored, but I doubt they care, lol. Everyone likes flirting even if you're just friends. Now when I DO like a guy, it either gets really obvious, or so subtle they think I hate them coz I flirt with everyone but them. Hehe. I'm gonna have to work on that.

Ally xxx
Jez
Jez | 30-11-2003 15:48
Ah ha! That'll be why you ignore Mattie and me when we met up then Alex?! * offtopic :
hey! i can dream, can't i?
carole
carole | 30-11-2003 15:49
*forgot to say : dont call them doofus either.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: