en
Back to old website

Friend's ex... a mini soap opera

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
whettogurl
whettogurl | 20:50
I'll try to make this as simple as possible (although it is quite complicated) and I am very sorry for how long it is, but if you could just bear with me...

My good friend and her boyfriend and I would always hang out together and act stupid and have a great time making everything sound like a sexual innuendo. (I've known her for years, but we both just met him a couple months ago.) They broke up about a week ago but she told me that on that night, he said that he had fallen in love with her and she loved him too, but they still broke up. I think he is a really fun person and we still like hanging out. She keeps telling me that he likes me. Some people think that we flirt, but I don't think we act any different then we did when they were going out. Last night, her and I were just talking and she asked me to call him becuase he wouldn't call her back. So I did and we ended up talking for 15 minutes with her just giving me the death stare. The converstation would normally make me think that he was interested, but I don't know if it's just him joking around like we used to when they were together. When I got around to asking him if he wanted to remedy the situation about not calling her back, he just said "not really" and now I don't know what to think.

I guess I don't really have a specific question, I just am so confused about the situation right now any advice would be greatly appreciated!
~ Jecca
16 comments
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 20:53
He might just not be ready to talk to her. And the stuff about him possibly liking you might just be cuz of how comfortable you are around eachother. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
elinor1
elinor1 | 20:55
do you like that guy?
aflackoh6
aflackoh6 | 20:58
I had the same problem with my best friend...but then she saw for herself that it really wasnt anything between us when she came over when he was there and we were watchin a movie and we were sittin seperate and he asked her to sit on the loveseat with her...he just had to prove it to her...but in the end, he was too chicken to tell her how he felt (as I'm sure you're male friend is) and got me to tell her...

I just read that...it makes no sense to me...if you have a problem decoding that, tell me, but I hope it all works out
whettogurl
whettogurl | 20:59
Thanks Cheater, I'm probably over analyzing this whole situation. And about liking him... I don't really know what I feel, because under any other circumstances, I would say yes, but because of my friend... I guess I don't?
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 21:01
So that would mean that you do but wouldn't go out with him cuz of your friend right? I've been in that situation before, I liked a guy who was going out with a friend of mine, I was told he liked me too. I didn't know what to think after they broke up. Luckily it never got to the point where I had to decide whether to go out with the guy or not.
whettogurl
whettogurl | 21:06
Surprisingly enough, that actually made sense to me, Ashley! And I don't think that it would ever come to the point where I'm going to have to decide about liking him... I think the phrase "Always the best friend, never the girlfriend" was written especially for me.
elinor1
elinor1 | 21:07
i had a crash on someone more then a 1.5 year ago, and about 5 mounths ago, he asked my best friend if she'll go out with him, (the 3 of us were kind of friends that time), and she didnt know, (that guy, his best friend- he had a crush on her too, but she didnt wanted him), anyway, she asked me, if im rally over him, and if i wont mind, and only then she agreed..
aflackoh6
aflackoh6 | 21:14
wow..I made sense..that's a first
whettogurl
whettogurl | 21:19
Uh, oh. I just got a note from her that just said to meet her after class because she needs me to do a favor for her regarding him. I don't know what she's planning, and I don't know if I'll be able to just tell her that I don't want to get in the middle of it.
aflackoh6
aflackoh6 | 21:20
that might not work...just a warnin
whettogurl
whettogurl | 21:21
what might not work? I'm confused
aflackoh6
aflackoh6 | 21:22
tellin her you dont wanna be in the middle of it...she might get the idea that you really like him if you say that
whettogurl
whettogurl | 21:23
That's a really good point. I never thought of that. Okay, I can't win... I'm just screwed
elinor1
elinor1 | 21:28
just tell her that both of them are best friends of you, and you care about both of them, and you want them to be friend so you can do what you did b4..
whettogurl
whettogurl | 21:30
Thanks Elinor, that's very logical. I have to go to class now, but if people wanna keep posting their opinions, that'd be great! I'll check it one more time before going to see what she wants me to do.

Thanks all! You guys are awesome!
~ Jecca
singingsweetie
i agree with bob
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: