LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en
Back to old website

Converting Music Files

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
AnTiHurLeyPUnk1
Hey, does anyone know of any programs or anything that can convert music files? For example, how could I convert a regular music file to MIDI? I'm not sure how to explain what I'm asking, but I hope somebody gets it.
7 comments
AnTiHurLeyPUnk1
CHRIS! I see you're on! Do you know how to do this!?
king_gorack
king_gorack | 13:56
errm... I have used software before which comverts between .wav and. mp3 but I havn't seen one that converts to midi. There may be one on download.com. ill just go look.
Just_Jamie
Just_Jamie | 14:06
Use CDex, Jordan...you can get it (for free) at www.cdex.com

Fair warning, though - there is a beta version that killed my computer, so get the older version.
king_gorack
king_gorack | 14:10
Most stuff on Download.com you will have to pay for and are severley restrcted in what they allow you to do. What will you be using the music file for? as that can determine what would be the best conversion to go for.
Just_Jamie
Just_Jamie | 14:10
I've used CDex for years - works great. Only the beta version that they recently made available sucks.
AnTiHurLeyPUnk1
I have a song, and I just want a clip of it, so I was thinking I could open "Sound Recorder", open that song and just clip it down until I have what I want. But the problem is you can only open MIDI files... ::sigh::

btw, thanks for the link, Jamie babe. I'll check it out later.
AnTiHurLeyPUnk1
Dude, I went to that website and I couldn't find anything there. It was all about like firewalls and crap.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: