LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Good Werewolf Books

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
lightwolf
lightwolf | 29-11-2007 22:58
I'm looking for really good books about werewolves.

I would prefer the "Van Helsing" type werewolf, rather than the "wolf man" sort of werewolf story. A modern, or post-modern setting would be ideal. Maybe an overtone of action or heroism (i.e. the main werewolf battles other werewolves, or the main werewolf protects a human he loves, etc.) The presence of vampires in the story is a more than fine option, no matter what the relation.

One more thing, I prefer the MYSTICAL type, the werewolf legends based more upon supernaturality or myth, possibly legend, rather than the science based "cells mutated with the strain of a virus" bullcrap, PLEASE! LoL

Also, might someone be able to pass me a link to a good werewolf discussion thread?
26 to 36 of 36 comments
page 2 of 2
helskins
helskins | 03-04-2010 21:40
i have a large amount of second hand warewolf books and films available. All excelllent condition. If you are interested in purchasing them please contact me at helen4angel@hotmail.com
Volkodlok
Volkodlok | 30-03-2011 02:58
Prey, Wounded and Resurrected by Stephen Cole are some of the best werewolf books I've ever read. They're of the Wereling trilogy.
dpr4473
dpr4473 | 28-04-2011 23:00
Where Devils Dwell by Derek Rush is a really good one.
moonmayden
moonmayden | 20-05-2011 15:12
Just wanted to suggest a couple good series written by Patricia Briggs. Her werewolf books are great! Cry Wolf, Hunting Ground and there is a third being written right now. Then there is a long series called the Mercy Thompson Series, starting with Moon Called and you will be hooked...
The books have every kind of supernatural creature you can imagine...werewolves, vampires, fairies, ghosts, walkers, witches, and sorcerers.
Happy hunting...
BikerBeast
BikerBeast | 29-05-2011 09:43
ok its sad that no one has mentioned :Cycle of The Werewolf" by Steven King...
Lelah38
Lelah38 | 17-10-2011 11:38

You might want to try the Silver Wolf trilogy by Alice Borchardt, the sister of Anne Rice. It's set in ancient Rome during the time of Charlemagne and follows the story of a woman named Regeane born of a werewolf father and human mother. As Regeane reaches puberty, she shows the first signs of being a werewolf herself.
sladegrayson
sladegrayson | 27-10-2011 00:38
I wrote a werewolf novel called AUTUMN MOON. The premise is:

"Tanneheuk, Montana appears to be an idyllic small town. There's no crime, no poverty, and no racism. The town is overseen by a small group known as "the elders," a tribe of people who have watched over Tanneheuk for hundreds of years. The elders are shapeshifters - werewolves - and they protect the townspeople from the corrupting influence of outsiders. In return for their protection, they only require one thing: Every year, on the first day of Autumn, they want to hunt a human. Enter a young minister with a checkered past. To him, the shapeshifters are nothing more than demons. He convinces the town that the hunt is a sin against God, and that they should stand up to the elders. Throw in a family of con artists hiding out in Tanneheuk, a female pot-smoking deputy, an unlikely romance, too many guns...and it may be Judgment Day for Tanneheuk."

If you like that, you can read the first chapter on my website (sladegrayson.com):
http://sladegrayson.com/page1.php

The book is available from Amazon, B&N, and other fine booksellers.
nickycharlesfan
nickycharlesfan | 29-10-2011 21:47
the mating
the keeping
the finding
are a series of books all by nicky charles they are amazing books recomended adult reading material
bpoutlaw
bpoutlaw | 31-12-2011 16:22
I am looking for a Werewolf Book I read back in the 80's . It has been a mystery as to the author and name of this book as the cover was ripped off. i and another family member read it, we've been searching for the name. Of course we no longer have the book so only remember bits of the story . It was an amazing book about a Werewolf that lived amongst gypsies and the story went back to the time of Christ. Lots of detail about the pack and how they lived, I do remember they lived in caves and were paired up like wolves do. Lots of detail about the pain of transformation and when the babies were born most did not survive the transformation..

Help if this strikes a chord with anyone.
hoolumbo
hoolumbo | 28-03-2016 19:40
I'm a pretty huge fan of the werewolf genre in general, with Ginger Snaps being my favourite werewolf movie. I recently read a werewolf book from the backwoods of Canada called "Lune" by Philip Glennie and thought it was incredible. It's about a girl named Lune who's locked up by her abusive father when she's young before escaping and falling in love with a servant girl named Michelle. Here's one of my favourite passages (which happens to be on the back of the book, I know I know):

"The night of the next full moon arrived. Invisible waves radiated from its surface and passed through cosmic lifetimes before descending over the northern forests. No cover of clouds could block them. The waves fell upon trees, rocks, and cabin walls alike, penetrating every crevice, passing silently like wandering spirits. Jean and Marie-Claire Comeau were blind to the force that slipped into their home and altered every supple cell in their daughter's infant body."
PianoPLayer698
PianoPLayer698 | 15-10-2016 23:40
the mortal instrument series by Cassandra Clare has werewolves and other things of that nature. you should give it a try
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: