LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en
Follow 0
Add topic
Search
lonewolfatheist
lonewolfatheist | 12-08-2007 06:52
I have a problem with my mouse. To start, I ordered my computer from Dell, and got an optical mouse with it. I have Windows Vista. Every now and then (actually about every couple minutes), my cursor will suddenly jump to one of the corners of the screen, usually the bottom left, while the mouse stays still. I dont think it would be the mouse, but with all the problems I've heard with Vista, I dont know. Anybody have any idea?
11 comments
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 12-08-2007 06:55
I ordered my computer from Dell

Well there's your problem, haha, sorry, I had to say that, I'm kidding, and I actually had the same problem once, or a similar one, and my dad claimed it was because the optical whatever part on my mouse was dirty, I ended up buying another one and having no problems. So yeah, I know that doesn't help you solve your problem at all really, but mouses aren't expensive, and you work at good old Wal-Mart, so maybe you can get a cheapy there.
lonewolfatheist
lonewolfatheist | 12-08-2007 06:58
Yeah, that is true, I could get one cheap. I don't think it's because it's dirty, since it's been doing it ever since I got it.

But I like Dell, never had a problem with em, though I know people who had. But I will try to clean it, thanks
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 12-08-2007 07:51
It probably from the desk/surface you have the mouse on. Mine did that too. Even though it seems smooth theres tiny grooves that the lazer in the mouse moves over that screws with where the cursor goes.
Just go buy a mousepad, or put a couple pieces of paper under the mouse so the thing has a flat surface to move on. That should solve the problem.
DarXide
DarXide | 12-08-2007 12:44
that's odd. I only had such crazy behavior with my ball mouse. orr.. whatever you called them.. and that was quite a few years back.

Never had a problem with optical ones. I wouldn't recommend Dell. not known for good mice. Try microsoft? This mouse is cheap for its impressive DPI, simple, and I even play video games with it. it has never failed me
ZzZzZzZ
ZzZzZzZ | 12-08-2007 15:16
I had the same problem a while ago.
It was due to my mousepad, like Sarah mentionned.
So before buying a new mouse, maybe try using your mouse without a mousepad, that's what I did and it worked just fine!
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 26-10-2009 02:12
dear alexdenipaul ^^:

a) your post has nothing to do with the question the original poster/topic starter was inquiring about.
b) this topic is over 2 years old and you resurrected it by making a post that wasn't in conjunction with anything mentioned in the original post.
c) why so long?!
d) you have 4 links all to basically the same website.
e) what thread did you think you were responding to?
kate111
kate111 | 12-08-2010 02:39
TOO bad mouse
Htd1
Htd1 | 12-08-2010 16:32
^^ hahahah
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 12-08-2010 21:43
vivianwell
vivianwell | 21-09-2010 08:23
not good.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...