LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en
Follow 0
Add topic
Search
AnTiHurLeyPUnk1
AnTiHurLeyPUnk1 | 22-09-2003 02:30
Hey everybody, I was just wondering if Google.com or any other search engines were working for you? For the last two days or so I haven't been able to go to google.com or altavista.com. Is this happening to anyone else?
26 to 34 of 34 comments
page 2 of 2
AnTiHurLeyPUnk1
AnTiHurLeyPUnk1 | 23-09-2003 22:33
I FOUND THE PROBLEM! I tried to go to google.com, and this website came up saying "Are you trying to go to google.com?" and this is what it said:

Your computer is running software that doesn't allow you to use Google.

You're seeing this page because your computer is trying to send you to a website that is pretending to be Google. Over the past few weeks, you may have seen a website that looks like Google, but launches pop-up windows and does not work like Google. That page is not affiliated with Google in any way and is intended to deceive you.

Why is this happening?

Most likely a program was installed on your computer automatically and without your knowledge when you downloaded an otherwise harmless piece of software. Or you may have been tricked into clicking on a disguised download button while visiting a website.

Finally, then it told me to go into the "Windows" folder in my computer, then open this file called "hosts" and delete anything that has to do with www.google.com
cristobal265
cristobal265 | 24-09-2003 00:30
Well there ya go.
Puddle_of_sugar
Puddle_of_sugar | 24-09-2003 00:36
woah my gosh....ill try and pretend i have any idea about what u guys were talking about.... the only thing i know about internet connectiong is that aol sucks, my connectiong sucks, and dsl looks soooo sweet. i know, im a regular smart-ass :-)
thechiz7
thechiz7 | 24-09-2003 00:49
google is the best! i use it all the time! adn yes it has been working
punk_in_canada
punk_in_canada | 24-09-2003 01:44
AHP I got that exact same message. Yahoo won't work for me either. Grr.
DaRkSiDe
DaRkSiDe | 24-09-2003 01:49
try google.ca
AnTiHurLeyPUnk1
AnTiHurLeyPUnk1 | 24-09-2003 01:50
So do the same thing I did with google, except with Yahoo!.
punkbabie
punkbabie | 24-09-2003 02:28
mine always works fine.. another search site you can try is www.ask.com its pretty good for information
anoobis
anoobis | 24-09-2003 02:39
o well that's interesting...tho i never heard about a scam like that makes u think...what if that website it sent u to is a fake too? and it just gets u to mess up ur computer....hrrrrmmmm....
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: