LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en
Back to old website

Digital Movie Editing

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
AnTiHurLeyPUnk1
Hey guys, I have a digital movie camera (Sony Handycam) and I've tried about 3 or 4 movie editing programs, and I haven't had any success with any. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? Every single program I've tried worked and I successfully edited it, but when I tried sending the movie back to my movie camera via a firewire cable, it didn't work. If your wondering the point of sending the edited movie back to the camera was so I could hook it up to my DVD burner and burn a dvd. So, anyone?
5 comments
Just_Jamie
Just_Jamie | 17:02
Have you tried anything by er...the makers of Photoshop?
AnTiHurLeyPUnk1
Who makes Photoshop? Adobe? Isn't that just for picture editing?
AnTiHurLeyPUnk1
Nobody here edits movies on their computer or uses a digital movie camera?
king_gorack
king_gorack | 20:11

I recently purchased a Digital Camcorder and it came with a program called Pinnacle 8. I have yet to use it as i don't have a firewire connection on my PC. It is recommended by many of the computing magazines i have read so if you haven't tried it then maybe this will work.
andro
andro | 20:24
If you're looking to transfer the final movie onto a DVD, there are programs out there that let you send the movie back to the camera for later transfer.

BUT

You'd find it a lot cheaper to buy a DVD burner for your PC instead. You'll save about half that way.

* offtopic :
Why are you using firewire? I use an SB 1394 connection here that runs through my sound card - runs about twice the speed of firewire and even doubles as a LAN port
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: