LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

maybe when they become members?

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
alethuo76
alethuo76 | 20-09-2003 12:33
Don't yall think you should make a page that when you become a member it tells new members about making a thread that already exsist and how to use the search box to the left???? If it really eats up the server y'all should then have an automatic email or next page that explains how to search and don't start a thread that already exsist?????? Just wondering......Please respond!
6 comments
WhatIsItToBurn
WhatIsItToBurn | 20-09-2003 12:35
by automatic email, do you mean that email that we get when we first become a member? Ray could put something about using the search button in there but I doubt people would read it
Jez
Jez | 20-09-2003 12:37
You've thought about this before you posted haven't you?

Well, I do like your idea. I guess it just really depends on the ergonomics of the forum whether it would allow this to happen or whether adding a page would disrupt the speed that the forum currently runs at.

How would you want it to be inplemented then? Like a generic email to the new members when they join? The problem with this is that the moment someone is registered it's more liekly than not they will go straight into making a thread rather then read any emails they get first.

I liek the idea though.
alethuo76
alethuo76 | 20-09-2003 12:41
Yeah maybe just something on the email to them or even a thread that automatically starts or even above the search have a link you click on that explains how to use the search. And yes Jez I have been thinking about it because I have been told a bunch of times don't start this thread and don't do that so if you know the rules before you begin the game it will be easier
alethuo76
alethuo76 | 20-09-2003 12:43
maybe they have to read the email before they can receive their password??? or have it right above their password to read.......
Rass
Rass | 20-09-2003 12:44
main problem being most people dont read the emails you automatically get, i mean i know i dont even though i should, i mean i glance over it to make sure theres no rules i'm going to break right off lol but thats about it
Plantagenet
Plantagenet | 21-09-2003 10:47
well, didn't you get e-mailed by ray to get your pass-word? (it was so in my days, lol), so perhaps he could indeed make a rules-message with it!

i like the idea too!
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: