LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Mp3 bizarre malfunction

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
Metal_Knight
Metal_Knight | 06-05-2007 19:38
Well, the story's like that. My MP3 refuses to show any content though it sais that it's capacity is full. I actually managed to find one hidden file in witch there were some odd files that apparantly attended to be my music files but they were split in parts. So I decided that it is best for me to format my MP3 so I deleted the file (FOUND.000). For my amazement that didn't quite help me fixing the preblem entierly as most of the content still appeared at the properties of the MP3 though nothing practicly appeared inside the MP3 window.
I also tried to format through the CMD but it was written that some required parameter was missing. Nothing seems to help.
I think that the best thing is that if somebody could tell me please what other files (or system files or whatever it is) could be inside the MP3. If there are an another solution I would be glad to know about it.
Help will be highly appriciated!
4 comments
NightHobbit
NightHobbit | 06-05-2007 19:41
maybe a virus from a song attacked it
Metal_Knight
Metal_Knight | 06-05-2007 19:53
Definitly could be, but my anti-virus (AVG free edition) says that there is nothing wrong with the files. Maybe becouse it actually can't see the files. But if it is the cause, how do I get rid of the virus?
It's the first time in my life that I encounter an Mp3 virus, kinda funny if you think of it.
DarXide
DarXide | 06-05-2007 20:00
Even though this is a music site, you may not find much help for MP3-player help. Then again, what's the brand of your MP3 player. If it's an IPOD, I might know the problem.

You could perhaps try visiting the official website of your player and check out the troubleshooting section
Metal_Knight
Metal_Knight | 06-05-2007 20:11
Thanks for the advice, but I wrote this thread as a last resort. It seems that I can't get any help from nowhere else. I'll try to make contact with the brand (M-Box) about the problem, but I really doubt that they could actually help me with that problem.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: