LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en
Follow 0
Add topic
Search
lonewolfatheist
lonewolfatheist | 27-04-2007 00:58
can't believe there isn't a sticky about jobs! Anyway, I'd like some time to complain.

Before I begin, I'd like to mention my work situation. See, my job is very physical. The required number of people that should be listed for the job is 6+. We have two. So, four days out of the week, we have only one unloader.

Anyway, I've been sick lately. I went into work today because I knew that no one else was there so there was no one to fill-in for me. I realized after about two hours that I wasn't going to be able to work. I finally decided to call my manager, and what did she say? "Finish the truck, then we'll talk." After about another hour, I couldn't take it. I burst out into tears, and another co-worker thought that I vomited, so she told the manager and I finally got to leave.

So, unloading the truck is more important than my health? Hmmm.....ok...wtf-ever.

and stick it is =) ... I can get some good use out of this one
26 to 37 of 37 comments
page 2 of 2
lonewolfatheist
lonewolfatheist | 25-09-2007 09:50
we got a new unloader today, except he;s not really new, he used to work back there with us last year. Problem is, he's the biggest douchbag in the universe. He doesn't listen to anybody, thinks he's better than everyone, and takes frequent breaks, some lasting 45 minutes. Our manager just told me to "deal with it". Hmm... I wonder if they can deal with a dead body in the backroom?
Elizabeth_Alan
Elizabeth_Alan | 03-10-2007 16:04
Wow, there are so many horror stories from employees. I worked for management who was not above putting employees in positions to cause injury. I suffer greatly everyday from the consequences of choosing to stay a little longer because of money and benefits. I also learned a hard lesson of how the law goes to great lengths to protect corporations from injured, disgruntled or abused employees. We recently released a book about my experience called Right To Work. The treatment I experienced was beyond reason. How does this exist in this day and age? Elizabeth Alan
idlefido
idlefido | 12-02-2008 06:28
I really wanna fire my boss, the bastard, everytime he shouted at us, he never thought what we felt , sometime what he said really made me hold the knife, poke the asshole's stomach through.sometime it was his fauit obviously,but he never admit that,he alway thought that was our mistake. I have never met this kind of boss.
takethatshushu
takethatshushu | 16-04-2012 20:18
Im in a similar situation to a lo of you guys on here, hate my job but like all the people I work with. Some days I don't mind going to work but working with the public is so difficult. All it takes is one a-hole of a customer saying something completely inappropriate or ridiculously rude to completely ruin your day and make you feel like not bothering to be nice to people. And all the time my manager is in the background telling me to "keep smiling" EUGH that annoys me so much!
This being said, I finished uni last year and Im grateful to have a job in this economy, even if it isnt full time and the pay is rubbish.
KatieKannibal
KatieKannibal | 10-05-2012 01:41
My situation is a 15 year old girl working at McDonalds.
Not only does every younger boy (and older men) hit on me all
the time, but I have to deal with bitchy women and snotty children.
Don't get me wrong, my job isn't all that tough,
but I have some pretty nasty anger issues, and I hide it all with
a smile and a fake greeting. Being attactive isn't all that bad.
Schatzi
Schatzi | 24-08-2013 03:40
I am so done with girls getting pregnant at work. They all think they're the best server around still, expect the best sections but also expect to go home first. I'm sorry, no. Oh the rush is over & you're suddenly feeling ill? That's funny. Oh your 12 top cashed out so you think it's only fair that the pregnant girl gets to go home? Oh that's funny I've only had two tables tonight in the worst section so I just can't get down for that. Too tired to do sidework but you can stand here & complain to me about how your table won't leave? Excuse my lack of sympathy. Especially when you got the vip table that I was supposed to have that spent $200 in wine alone, tips at least 20% & in fact left in a timely manner. I instead I get a table that spends $220 on food, tips 15% & sat for 4+ hours after the hosts just stopped seating me for no good reason. You can complain all you want but I just don't feel bad for you.
Misbehave
Misbehave | 10-12-2013 09:51
Here's a little rant. I've never complained about my workplaces ever. Think this new job of mine is getting a bit too overwhelming. So, I have just started this new job last Tuesday (today is Tues), as usual learning everything new. My a manager though expects me to be able to work independently within 1 month. Okay, I'll try. But for that first week, there were a lot to take in and requires lots of practice in order to know what I'm actually doing. Next thing I know, I was made to do something that I'm not comfortable with yet within a week, when I'm still trying to get used to the first assignment that they need me to do. With that said it is not something that I can just dive in, as it does require a lot of knowledge also. One of my coworker had to train me on a sat and man. He was the cockiest person I've ever seen. Either I have made a mistake or not, he either find something to complain about or gives me dirty looks. Like, do I look like a trained staff to you that only needs one week of training?? On my first week, I have also noticed that guy and the manager would be talking bad about this new girl that is leaving. I have never felt stressed about working at a new company. But this one is def stressing me out a lot.
Schatzi
Schatzi | 24-12-2013 05:59
Don't order a martini if you don't like strong drinks. Even specialty martinis. They're made entirely of alcohol. Hard to not make them strong.

Don't say we'll have another & not specify what you want another of. Especially since then I'll think you mean the item we're currently speak of. Unfortunately I can't read minds.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 30-12-2013 22:54
if we are sick here....they make us feel guilty and tell us to try to come in anyway. heaven forbid my kids are sick.....needed to take my youngest to the doctor today for a follow up after having her in the hospital last friday and got told...do you have to have the whole day? it's end of year, really can't miss anything.....
it pays the bills...that's what i keep telling myself.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 25-03-2015 10:53
That sounds crazy about the grocery store, but I should know. I used to work at one for four years. They are pretty crazy.
megdoll187
megdoll187 | 21-10-2015 05:33
Oh my gooooooooooooood!

I like my job. I really do. But some of the people that call drive me CRAZY!
And I'm tired of "training". Everyone does the job different and yet I have to do it the exact way my trainer wants me to. Same results, different strategy.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 22-10-2015 07:26
What type of call center is it, Meg?
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: