en
Back to old website

The magic crab makes the "eaters" fell as she felt

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
turkishgirl2
turkishgirl2 | 15:56
I'm trying to remember the name of this wonderful movie. There's this girl, who's a cook, and one day she buys a kind of a crab and that crab is magic. The magic crab makes her customers fell the way she felt while she was cooking. Does anybody has seen it?
18 comments
batmanpinkypunk
simply irresistible
turkishgirl2
turkishgirl2 | 11:27
thanks a lot!!
turkishgirl2
turkishgirl2 | 11:32
Well, This movie is not the one i've been searching for, i accidentally post that reply without checking if it was my movie. Any other ideas?
ZzZzZzZ
ZzZzZzZ | 04:01
It's not the one you've been searching for?! I actually didn't think there was more than one movie with a story like that! Anyway, do you remember any of the actors/actresses? What year it was released in?
turkishgirl2
turkishgirl2 | 08:20
No, because I saw it on tv. The part that didn't match with simply irresistible is that she doenst have the magic powers. The crab does. What I remember very clearly is a scene in an elevator, her bf-to-be and an old woman are eating the desserts she made and theyre sooo delicious. Well i hope somebody has seen it
ZzZzZzZ
ZzZzZzZ | 20:31
It IS simply irresistable! lol (the girl doesn't have power)

See for yourself...
Screencaps
Pandora
Pandora | 20:58
Im so tired of this thread.. this is such a DUMB idea for a movie? wtf.. it's like driving me mad everytime I see it popped up.. augh..

wtf cares about a CRAB.. haha gah

rockon
tabitha
Pandora
Pandora | 21:01
FROM IMDB .. read it you dumb girl so we don't have to talk about it anymore ::

Honestly, I think this is an awful movie... but I can't help but love it! It has a cheesy plot, unrealistic characters, a bit of magic that adds to the unbelievability and about everything else that a bad movie has. And yet, this is one of my favorite movies to watch when I'm in the mood to watch something light and fun. I'm almost embarrassed to say I love it! I don't know what it is about this movie that makes it so enjoyable to me. The basic plot... Sarah Michelle Gellar is a rather unsuccessful chef who wants to become better and save her family's restaurant. After buying a crab at a local market her luck begins to change. Suddenly she is able to cook amazing food that is sort of hypnotic and magical. She's offered a job as head chef at a posh new restaurant by a gorgeous guy who (wouldn't you know it) she ends up falling in love with. Give it a try. Maybe you'll love it too. I think it's the whole food idea that gets me....

.. that was a 'comment' about the movie... she was right.. now go stuff yourself with crab meat.

rockon
tabitha
mikey_boy
mikey_boy | 21:47
haha, the writer and director of this movie must have been drunk. what a stupid idea.
batmanpinkypunk
i like the movie =(

its not about the freaking crab. its about the girl.
turkishgirl2
turkishgirl2 | 16:22
Thanks everyone, i even thank you Pandora because im "dumb" but kind. I watched the trailer and it didnt remind of anything so i said that this wasnt "the one" but thats it!! again, thanks a lot.
Dagor
Dagor | 16:25
hmmm .. why did I all of a sudden have to think of PMS reading parts of this thread
turkishgirl2
turkishgirl2 | 13:45
PMS??
CodeJohnny
CodeJohnny | 15:54
simply irresistible was a remake, the original was about a Spanish/Mexican woman, and I'm drawing a blank on the name, but I'm sure you can find it, same exact movie story, only different actors/actresses, Hollywood loves to remake other people's successes and then hide the original.

I wanted to say it was Penelope Cruz, or Paz, but I'm not really sure anymore it's probably 13+ years old
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 16:54
i'm curious to know how you managed to find a 5 year old thread about something so random...
Joeyy
Joeyy | 17:10
Looks like Tabitha was feeling crabby *laughs at own joke*.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 17:21
i'm sure this will be buried again by time she makes an appearance around here.
CodeJohnny
CodeJohnny | 18:01
The movie was Like Water for Chocolate (1992), which majorly influenced Simply 7 years later.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: