LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

How Are You Doing? Jr.

Follow 8
Add topic
Search
vandy
vandy | 30-01-2006 16:20
I'm not exactly sure why this thread is different, why y'all let me be the one to make a second thread, but I do appreciate it . This thread is my baby, the first How Are You Doing marks the first thread of mine that made it long enough to be closed .

Anyway, you know how it goes. Post in here if you're happy, sad, angry, mediocre...just...how are you doing?

The first thread was made over 2 years ago when I was friends with a guy named Ben. It saw me through that whole friendship. It saw me through my move to college, making tons of new friends and having a great time, I've probably got at least one drunk post in there, it saw me through a bad relationship and an eating disorder, and the glory I shined in as I left both behind.

I will stop babbling and now dedicate the second chapter to Matt, Celeste, and Carole who've seen me through it all, since the beginning of that thread and before, and continue to be my friends now.
3,826 to 3,850 of 3,934 comments
page 154 of 158
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 25-02-2018 19:13
For penicillin, yes, but long time ago.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 26-02-2018 14:40
The skin prick test is pretty useful in finding out what you're allergic to. I found out that I'm allergic to a lot of things, haha.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 26-02-2018 21:14
Kaleb, it's not a question of allergy. I've already figured out why I kept coughing. Just because the air inside is dry - and when it's cold outside, it tends to make us cough. I've heard of using a wet towel on radiators, and in that case, it works. Guess what? I've used this system some hours ago.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 26-02-2018 21:37
Celine, he was just trying to be helpful...
roxcyn
roxcyn | 26-02-2018 21:44
Feel better, Céline. ¡Fuerte!
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 19-03-2018 09:17
I feel like living in FakeNewsLand. From Thursday after 10am (France time), I will leave home to find a place where no one could hear me shouting, so that I wouldn't go to sleep soon after. Remember? Many of you will be concerned. So will be that bloody system that doesn't work properly (wish I could have more than 1 interview per month). Anything such as unemployment interviews should be "sth. to be forced to go so he/she can control if I do things right".

Remember who was the N°1 of the DJ Mag Top 100 in 2014? I thought Hardwell was Dutch, not Scottish as I could hear somewhere. The guy who said that on the radio should be blamed for giving a lot of fake news. Or did I get the whole thing wrong? In that case, the guy on the radio didn't talk about the Top 100 and so Mr. Harris is INDEED the Scottish DJ - I sing Mr. Harris' songs under the shower.

I will tell anything about Mr. Damien and Mr. Mermoz, my boss and teacher, and about Rex Tillerson, Olivier Faure, Juninho and pickles. That was the right week to tell everything about them, not to put them aside. Well I hope that Mr. Tillerson will get back to his place right away after blaming the one who removed him, that Mr. Faure will soon be the head of PS, that Juninho will not be killed and that pickles will be eaten a lot.

And if I couldn't retain myself, I'd speak about "lifting my little dart above my eggs".

Not that sto felice feeling today. And there will be some "fictive funeral" on Friday. Please, don't disturb me.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 23-03-2018 01:04
Set me free!

I feel like I revolted slave. I felt good beforehand, mild afterhand and even bad tonight. The bad time was chosen to go to my doctor's - I wasn't the one who asked me to see her yesterday morning, she was. Now I feel very, very ashamed of not having told what I really thought about - I felt trapped. She knows I've had a deep fear of blood tests for 20 years now and I have no choice but doing one very soon (sugar and thyroid more precisely - less than my last time on October 19, 2016) after I had got 10 kilos more. No, I'm not afraid of being pierced by a needle, but more afraid of seeing my blood being removed (I need to close my eyes to avoid this sight) and feeling the needle being taken out.

IMO, putting on weight was the consequence of both sugary drinks (since I cannot find the ones I loved anymore, that had either no or less sugar) and recovering from what I had nearly one year and half ago (yeah, they call it trauma and I feel like having recovered, although I still have the fear of waking up in a place I don't know). And I have extreme shyness at least one a month. There emust have been some depression too but no one noticed it.

Well, the bad time was chosen, why? I do not have my period yet (and that's a reason why I'm putting on weight now), I'm having a few personal problems (been a workaholic this February) and... Today (March 23) is a special (bad) day since I lost a cat exactly 20 years ago.

My doctor advised me to follow a diet but her point of view was different from mine (I said it in the Randomness thread). But I'm not that keen into it, since I previously lost weight by eating apples and drinking tea every day of the week, 5 years ago. Hey, I've been vegetarian for 3 years now, not vegan - I can eat cheese.

This night, I went throwing up in the bathroom because I did not feel at ease. ATM I'm drinking my third cup of tea and there's still a lot of sugary drinks, since I don't buy them. I don't like plain water, because it would remember me those 12 days of hell. Anyway, I guess I'll start a crusade against "too much sugar in drinks" soon.

Phew, turning 30 wasn't that easy. And having been premature has some unexpected consequences too. If I keep on stressing that way, I'd fall on the floor.

Let there be no blame!

Goodbye.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 26-03-2018 11:05
I'm back! The blood test went well!

The lesson from 2 years ago was well learned that I used it.

Thanks for your encouragements. Now let me find some peace!
Dekar
Dekar | 01-04-2018 23:19
12 years later, and a thread dedicated to me is still open and active. Color me...colorful?

And I'm fine, thanks! You?
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 01-04-2018 23:28
Matt! What brings you back to this neck of the woods?
roxcyn
roxcyn | 02-04-2018 00:53
Hi Matt, one of the original forumers! I hope you'll join us and stick around more!
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 03-04-2018 20:14
Hello Matt, do you have any news of James whose screen name was TheAnnoyance or The_Annoyance? Is (s)he pushing daisies?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 03-04-2018 21:34
James is a confirmed guy lol.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 05-04-2018 07:02
Sad
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 05-04-2018 14:16
Feel better soon as you can Scott!
roxcyn
roxcyn | 05-04-2018 14:30
Thank you, a relative passed away
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 05-04-2018 20:06
So sorry Scott... my condolences to you and their family.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 05-04-2018 22:40
Mine too, Scott.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 06-04-2018 01:29
Thank you, Practice and Joey.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 06-04-2018 06:56
Oh Scott, I am so sorry for your loss.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 06-04-2018 07:17
Thank you Céline.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 09-05-2018 11:06
Just a special day, a lucky day for me today. Again, I won a contest, and that's the official 4-CD set that marks the 45 years of my favourite musical radio show. Again, I listened carefully to the host's question and answered by mail - must be the ninth time overall I win a contest. I have to check to mail soon before listening to all those 73 songs!

I'm torn between laughter and tears, too. Waiting to listen to some tribute to Maurane - I really enjoyed her music and I felt sad to read the news yesterday (May 8) after 4am. And I faced an unhappy day 10 years ago, some weeks after the end of my university year (I didn't cheat in the exam!) and before I was told I passed it - no, I won't tell the story (about my ex... He cheated on me) again.

So I started the day with a smile on my face, and some memories on my mind. I even get used to hashtags, have a look at my pics - although I'm not a social network user, I'm more a #watcher. Soon it'll been 10 years since I've seen Martin Solveig live in Grenoble - and I'll be doing sth. completely different on the evening of May 26, ie. watching an interesting programme on television.

Congrats time!
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 04-07-2018 21:00
It's been 2 months now.

I'm neither a soldier nor a stepping stone. I know what it is to have drafted into some army by mistake - and I haven't even seen dead bodies on the ground, to cut the long story short. And being on duty without respecting my hours of sleep while I'm completely weakened - no thanks! Please don't do that to me anymore, I've warned you. Too much misunderstanding can lead to big problems, and solutions that must be repeated again and again until the facts are denied. Tired. Saying "adieu" before the damage is done would be the best solution ever.

So... Here's to the holidays, my French teachers, not one but them all, and my ex-boyfriends, wherever they may be. One could not replace the other. I know, I've lost the taste of reading books some years ago, but I'm capable of doing some pages of writing on my own. Publishing a book may not be the right solution - I bet a bagful of greatness. But... How could you spend time writing in a notebook if you have no pen? I just waited for tonight, because I had dinner late. I wish I could post what I wrote in them in 2013/2015, just 'cause some phrases made me laugh.

Yesterday night was warmer than tonight, in any kind of way, like all that I thought I hated was sth. I would like for a while. Any clues? Leather and menthol combination is the first thing that comes to my mind - I'm not wearing leather cloths and haven't drunk mint milk today. The guys I've been with, less than 20 since my high school years, were not all clever, I agree, but I've retained some lessons with my favourite of them, currently a fortysomething. I wish I had photos of each guy, only to find the one with a white shirt, a black bandana and a denim bag - my ideal lover boy. Feeling so unstable at love that I'm not going to seek for the next one yet - oh by the way, not a drug dealer or a small thief on motorcycle 'cause I don't really like and I want to keep my love letters private.

It's been 8 years since I last went on holidays, and... The music box of memories is lying on the floor. I feel like I'm 17/18 again. Man, I cannot impersonate those singers I liked anymore, I've changed, my breast looks heavy and my clothes cannot stretch enough for that - in that case, I'd take clothes that fit me better now. The downturn of turning 30, ha-ha. I've been a busy bee and a lazy one with little time to eat/sleep, not a workaholic every day. Poor me!

I don't have books and not going on a trip to the beach. Please, no spicy food, that would arouse my appetite and I'm not looking for serious relations. It's not yet Bastille Day here but people have already shown me it would be. Yes, guys and girls, I've been on the road, back to the place I've been on holiday as a child, until 2010 - I used to celebrate my birthdays there. And that's no lie. Here I'm leaving you, it's nearly 11pm and my time for typing looks limited - tomorrow is another day, as someone I know said.

If every 8 years seem to indicate a mark in something... I'd say the new chapter has begun now.
JustxMe
JustxMe | 25-07-2018 19:23
I was looking for a band's lyrics (Parkway Drive) from the time I was in college, and found myself back here. It's been almost 10 years since my last contribution. Today was not particularly a great day, however, to find myself back here (remembering password+username is a PLUS) + seeing familiar names (I did very good at lurking), its great to see the forum still alive! The night has just got a lot better.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 26-07-2018 05:04
Hello and welcome back!

Sad a family/friend passed away beginning of the month. Sad NECCO filed bankruptcy and sold their candy company. Happy I'm on vacation (PTO), more of a staycation as I'm staying in my town.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: