LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

songs about a bad relationship with your father

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
sugar_plum18
sugar_plum18 | 05-10-2005 20:07
Well I'm 16 and my dad's been a drug addict for aslong as i can remember. It hurts that he doesn't care about me or anything but his drugs..i want a song that goes along the lines of thanks for being a horrible father. Some times i think it would be better if i never met him

Any genre of song is good

*4 am by our lady peace is a good example i think*
26 to 41 of 41 comments
page 2 of 2
Nana13
Nana13 | 09-10-2005 06:41
if I was you I would reported about him as drugs dealer, you know he maby hate you or acually he will hate you, but remeber you're diong the best for him
glow_child_glow
glow_child_glow | 09-10-2005 06:42
hahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

please,please, please never have kids lol.
Nana13
Nana13 | 09-10-2005 06:44
glow_child_glow
glow_child_glow | 09-10-2005 06:47
if your idea of doing good for your father is to report him as being a drug dealer, i,e not trying to help him with his drug prolem and pawning it off on a system that has no cmpassion, then your kids are going to be very * up.

-post edited, please don't swear-
Nana13
Nana13 | 09-10-2005 06:50
here the drug dealers get a very good treating
face the truth he cannot stop without a professional help, and then he won't realise it now but he will later when he gets his mind back
glow_child_glow
glow_child_glow | 09-10-2005 06:53
he more than likely wont get his mind back. If drug dealers get good treatment, then you live ina dumb country. Im kinna contradicting myself, but its two different parties. Law doesnt care, and if you did, you'd help your father, reach out, let him know that hes completely * you over (which probably isnt true, if he was a drug addict your whole life) and he'll probably get the picture. Thats not to say hell stop or anything but it starts there. Im done, this is too painful.

-posted edited and carded for swearing, it is the 4th post of yours I edited tonite-
Nana13
Nana13 | 09-10-2005 07:02
do you have any idea what a drug dealer word means?!
drug dealer is not like alcoholique or smoker or workoholik, he's too mutsh different.
drug dealers r addicted to drugs, if they didn't have a certain dose of drugs evry certain time (depends on how mutch he's stuck with drugs) they will just go crazy and it may even cause their death, you cannot help him only if you had the good experience in this domain.
then drug dealers r beeing treated in here better than drug sellers, it's like the time that he have to spend in jail he will spend the most of it in the hospital getting treated.
and then loosing a year or two from your life is better than loosing all of it right.
at least he's gonna get his mind back.
mob5ta
mob5ta | 09-10-2005 08:08
then drug dealers r beeing treated in here better than drug sellers

Perhaps you should look up what drug dealers mean.
glow_child_glow
glow_child_glow | 09-10-2005 09:34
Nana, your lack of english makes it hard to understand so forgive me if im totally off, but you have 0 idea what you're talking about.
lokifan
lokifan | 14-10-2005 10:51
Drug DEALERS sell it 2 other people. Addicts I have some sympathy for, but dealers give this crap to other people. Making money off human misery deserves no sympathy. And alcoholics can die from withdrawal too.
DeadTeddyBear
DeadTeddyBear | 14-10-2005 10:58
simply intercting with other people without getting agressive.

maybe someone should act on their own words, before preaching it to others.
JustTheGirl1392
JustTheGirl1392 | 13-11-2005 22:55
I don't have the best relationship with my dad either, but I don't know anyone song that's about that. But this part of Father's Son by 3 Doors Down always speaks to me:

"One hand throws the whisky and the other throws the gun, as he cried out to the heavens: I am not my father's son."

Though, in my case it'd be I am not my father's daughter, but whatever. And another thing, for everybody who has a pretty okay relationship with their parents, father or mother, it's a lot harder than it looks to totally cut that person out of you life, or to judge them. It hurts. And it's hard to deal with that pain. Not to be preachy, but just know that everything is a little harder than it looks.
blondechika578
blondechika578 | 13-11-2005 23:04
father of mine-everclear
confessions of a broken heart- lindsay lohan

NissaRae
NissaRae | 24-10-2014 15:57
Hey, asshole, shut up! If you don't have issues with your father, then you have no business piping in. You sound like an idiot.
anonymous7
anonymous7 | 13-07-2015 09:12
I couldn't say that I know what having a drug addict father is like, because my father isn't one. But i do have a father that makes me feel like i'm unloved, un-cared for, worthless, not good enough. He told me that i'm a disappointment that if i don't change no one will ever love me. I'm 15 and iv'e already tried drugs, the bottom of multiple liquor bottles, and a razor to make me feel better. None of it worked. Iv'e even tried to find songs that i could relate too. It's been 3 year since I saw my dad. He's made barely to no effort to contact me. He lives in Hawaii with His wife (my stepmom) his 2 sons (my half-brothers) and my ex-bestfriend. They are this perfect little family living this perfect life in there perfect house. It sucks, it really does, knowing that i wasn't good enough for the one person that was supposed to make me feel good enough that was supposed to make me feel cared for and loved. What i'm trying to say is that your not going to find an answer in a song. And it won't make you feel better, maybe it will but not forever, trust me. You need to find an environment that makes you feel safe, that makes you feel loved, that makes you feel cared for and lastly a place to call home. I don't know you but what i do know is that no one deserves to feel the way that your feeling.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 14-07-2015 04:16
Supposedly the quotes in this song are what his parents told him when he wanted to become a singer. Surprising since his father is a famous singer.

Enrique Iglesias - Be Yourself
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: