LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en
Follow 0
Add topic
Search
FireWaterBurn
FireWaterBurn | 19-09-2005 20:49
It took me awhile to find the words I was looking for. This place is more than jsut a message board to me. I truly believe that finding LSI has not only helped me mature, but also broadened my horizons and made me a better person. I don't think there is a better place on the internet. I know it sounds cheesy or somewhat pathetic, but this forum is somewhere between a forum and a family. We are all part of it, especially us 3 year LSIers. If that sounds stupid, so be it, LSI means a lot to me.

When I first arrived on LSI, I was a young, annoying, immature teen. I was truly an ass. I have changed so much since then, thanks in part to LSI. LSI has helped me view things from different perspectives. I realized that there are people outside of my own country, and that some people, although different from me, can still be cool people. I was banned twice, and rightfully so. I think I was almsot trying to get banned. I liked to push the envelope. Now, I still may push the envelope, but I mean what i say. I am not jsut saying it for thrills.

Now, back to the old LSI days. The days without Randomness. The days where Ilvoemarkmiser4 and I would regularly fight. The days when there were half of the categories that there are now. The days of Merlin and pesh_is_fresh. The days before Mods.

I remember the first LSIers I remember seeing were Ally and Merlin. I don't think anyone realized what LSI would become when they first joined; I ertainly did not. When I first signed up I was one of the first 1000 members. Now it is at over 600,000. I wanted to be like them. I admired them in a way. I wanted to be their friend. When I realized that i could not be them, I think I went the complete opposite of them, as people often do when they don't fit in. I just wanted to annoy everyone. Thank god for the ban meter, or else I'd still be banned. I eventually matured and went through my young teen phase. Now I am jsut myself. I'm all here, no sugarcoating, no lies. Just me...

Now, for the dedications. Hopefully I did not forget anyone. I'll just use usernames, since first names can be confusing.

Masterful_Ally - Like I said above, Ally was the first regular forumer I saw. I admired her so much. I looked up to her. I wanted to be her friend. She just seems like such a good person and I bet that out in the real world she is a great friend. She gives me that perspective on certain things that I would usually not even think of. Thank you for putting up with me for so long.

Pandora - Tabby and I were nearly enemies a long time ago. I'll take the blame, I don't care. I know I was an ass. I respect Tab more than anyone else. She tells it like it is. No sugarcoating. We have argued before, and I like that she says what she really feels. I don't think a lot of people do. I have seen her post forever. She's another 3 year LSIer

Andro - I think Phil is the nicest guy on LSI. Probably the most intelligent and insightful too. He's also te best Mod. I can't think of a time when he wasn't there to help. I am glad to meet someone like Phil, who is basically my opposite. He has really broadened my thoughts on a few subjects, and helped erase some sterotypes I once had.

Tyrannical King - Don is the closest thing to me ths forum will ever see. We share the same sense of sarcastic humor. The guy is hilarious. I think our greatness speaks for itself.

Dekar - I was so pissed of at Dekar for becoming the new "big man on campus" at LSI. He had the most posts, and for some reason I hated that. Perhaps envy. He really is a funny guy though. Not in the same way as me and Don, but funny nonetheless. I think he is a great Mod as well

Nefariouslady_t - I haven't known Lady_t as long as some of the other previously mentioned, but I find her to be an interesting person. I can't even pinpoint a reason why, but I am drawn to her.

Carole - Another member that I jsut enjoy reading her posts. Once again, not a specific reason why, I jsut like her.

Dakondakblade - Tim is a great guy. He has showed me the phenom that is TorrentSpy and sent me free photoshop. He is an asskicker.

Fishmunky - Man, I respect Munky more than almost everyone on here. He's just down to earth. He seems liek a guy I could have gone to school with or something. I can see his passion for music. Especially the guitar. Hopefully his roommate will stop being a douche and let him and his girlfriend do it in peace. I wish the ebst for him.

Mikeyboy - Mike is just a cool guy. I could see him being my friend in real life. Someone I could chill with. he seems like the kind of guy that'd fit right in with my group of friends. probably the only guy on LSI who I can talk about football with, and he is an Atlanta fan too, as am I. He is my "homie".

Hypnotised - Brittany is becoming one of my favorite LSIers. I wish I had gotten to know her sooner. She's so sweet and beautiful, inside and out. I'd love to meet her someday, even if that is jsut a far fetched dream. It's refreshing to be able to intelligently talk to someone closer to my age. Althought statistically there are more people my age on here than any other age, most of them are as mature as I was 5 years ago. I really like brittany.

Lital - I liek Lital. And not jsut in a lustful way. I really do like her, although I highly doubt she believes me. We don't even have anything except the love for milkshakes in common. we have a love-hate relationship although she will refuse to admit it. I love our arguements and insults we throw at each other. I just wish she'd keep one damn username.

DeadTeddybear Aside from the birthday gift she gave me, I don't know what it is about ehr either, but I like her. Kind of like Lady_t and Carole, I can't explain. I have searhed and came up empty when seacrhing for the words. Maybe it is a female thing.

ChrisRocks53 - Chris is seriously the man. He really is. i thought he was just some guy addicted to playlists, but Chris is a great guy. One of the few my age that i can talk to. I am glad I met him, hopefully his internet doesn't go crazy again. I was wondering about him.

Jez Jez is one of my favorite Mods. I am jealous becaus ehe got to meet Ally and Loco. I think Jez, Chirs, and I all share a love for Brittany (hypnotised), but I guess that's ok. Jez actually gets me for me, which most people don't.

Proud2fly For being my biggest fan.

Ray Without Ray, none of us are here. I don't know any of you. Ray has put up with a lot form me. He banned me permanently twice. Thank god for the new ban meter. I hope Ray somehow reads this, as I don't think he knows how grateful I am.

xMajinx, Andrew You guys are really funny sometiems, but so annopying and imamture at other times. You are both young FWB's. You don't see it now, but eventually you will see how immature you were when you look back.

The Optimist The Pic Corner is the greatest thing on LSI. I think you are a great person, I just thught I needed to say that.

If you didn't read the pre dedication part, that's ok. I know ti was long, but it is insightful when you read it.

26 to 50 of 67 comments
page 2 of 3
nefariouslady_t
nefariouslady_t | 19-09-2005 22:47
I was working on a paper and got told to go look by Tim, I am goofing off just to tell you:

Congrats Curtis

*buys you new sheets for the occasion*

You have really grown on me, not in a bad moss way, but in a good way lately. I think most ppl see you only in the abrupt way but you are really a well spoken and clever lil guy at your core.

And the reason you are drawn to me is the fishing wire I laced thru your tennis shoes
MisterKing
MisterKing | 19-09-2005 22:51
Congrats Curtis
Roxy_Ryan
Roxy_Ryan | 19-09-2005 22:54
Congratulations Curtis, we're so proud of you

MisterKing
MisterKing | 19-09-2005 22:55
We are?

Just kidding

We are
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 20-09-2005 00:00
congrats on 10,000!
HYPNOTiSED
HYPNOTiSED | 20-09-2005 00:28
Hypnotised - Brittany is becoming one of my favorite LSIers. I wish I had gotten to know her sooner. She's so sweet and beautiful, inside and out. I'd love to meet her someday, even if that is jsut a far fetched dream. It's refreshing to be able to intelligently talk to someone closer to my age. Althought statistically there are more people my age on here than any other age, most of them are as mature as I was 5 years ago. I really like brittany

Aww, thank you so effing much, sweetie.
I'm glad I've met you and a party is in order when you come to California.

I love Charles.
HYPNOTiSED
HYPNOTiSED | 20-09-2005 00:30
Oh, how stupid of me...I forgot to say

CONGRATULATIONS!
Schatzi
Schatzi | 20-09-2005 00:57
Congrats Curtis!

Took you long enough to get 10,000
BonJovi_fan
BonJovi_fan | 20-09-2005 00:58
good job! go party!

bite me,
Jon
IrishMeg1
IrishMeg1 | 20-09-2005 01:46
Whew, 10K! Well done Curtis
andrew4762
andrew4762 | 20-09-2005 01:55
Thanks for the mention

and congrats!
XxNirvanaxX
XxNirvanaxX | 20-09-2005 02:29
Congratulations. And don't you dare think about leaving, I think in some twisted way you bring people together. Whether it be an argument or a thread like this.
anoobis
anoobis | 20-09-2005 02:36
*ahem*

Well done, old sport.

I feel like Jay Gatsby now.
cairowinters
cairowinters | 20-09-2005 02:40
Congrats dude. I think that's gotta be the sweetest dedication I've seen on this site, cause it was sincere. Cheers.
Tyrannical_King
Tyrannical_King | 20-09-2005 02:59
When first joining LSI I hung out exclusively in the artists section. Then one day I read the insanely idiotic post about emo by one who will not be named, I became bored of the whole idea. Upon first entering the world of active topics, I stumbled across multiple absurd posts and inserted my clever commentary. Eventually, I stumbled across a thread detailing how to make it as a crappy rock band (as in My Chemical Romance) started by some prick named Curtis. At first impression, I did not like this enigma of a person, as this was during your return to LSI (just over 3000 posts). After a while of frequenting these forums, I got into my first argument with this FireWaterBurn.

Though it was less of an argument and more of two similar heads butting each other for supremity in our very similar style of humor, I nonetheless was able to perceive the sort of personality my adversary possessed. For a month I went through LSI, posting at the same pace as you, half of the time agreeing with you, the other half thinking your ideas foolish. I remember Mikey and I in the chat room detailing how we'd each cut you down to size, but those days are long past. The thread that brought us together and bought us each our latest ally, escaped me, but it did create, for possibly the second time in my LSI life, a friend.

With similar opinions and beliefs (though definitely different musical tastes), it was only natural that we become friends. Surrounded by a number of fools too large to count, you reacted in a way against the "zomg u r lyk so coooool" way of online life that I very much despise. And neve using smilies in your post was yet another way of our similar online output. In an odd way, you are the younger me, and I the younger online Anthony (even though he's younger). I could go on about our numerous similarities, but that's not really the point.

Joining the upper echelon of LSI'ers by reaching 10,000, you will undoubtedly earn more respect throughout this online community, and that is possibly the last thing you need. In talking to Tabitha, I could properly ascertain the effect of 5-digit-dom on a person's attitude. Likely, you will remain the same angry kid out to squish newbies and other such people not worth the time to devote life on this website. Sounds a little stupid, but the way I see it, hitting 10,000 doesn't command you respect, but commands respect for others. I'm not saying to stop being you and become a sissy boy who's bent on providing useful help (Andro, but the sex later will make up for this jibe), but keep in mind that there are folks out there who will look up to you, and it is your decision on how to deal with them, so make the right one as deemed in your eyes.

The main thing to remember is to not stop being you, straying from what considered FireWaterBurn will warrant your life here void in my eyes (Ironically, you've changed you from the time you were 13 on here three years ago to today). In hoping you remain the pre-mod Anthony and the younger me, I raise my glass and leave yout his as a dear parting.

"And all the roads that lead you there were winding ,
And all the lights that light the way are blinding,
There are many things that I would like to say to you,
But I don't know how"

Congratulations on getting 10,000 posts, and good luck on reaching 20,000.
_AdreNaliN_
_AdreNaliN_ | 20-09-2005 03:13
Congrats!
djskribble989
djskribble989 | 20-09-2005 03:50
you know just the other day i was thinking "i wonder if curtis hit 10k yet" and look at where you are now!!

congrats bro!
Chrisrocks53
Chrisrocks53 | 20-09-2005 03:57
congrats Curt

proud to be on of the few to be given dedications

Stanley
Stanley | 20-09-2005 03:58
curtis, i always knew you were a good guy at heart, and you showed that today with this post, you've been here for the good, the bad, and the ugly and you're awesome, never stop speaking your mind... because that is always what has set you apart from most of the people here... i wish i could speak my mind the way you do, it is truly amazing. kudos to you sir

* offtopic :
i'm drunk, not thta that has anything to do with what i said, i still mean every word, just thought you should probably know, in case you were wondering...
The_Optimist
The_Optimist | 20-09-2005 07:04
Congratulations Curtis! I didn't think you loved this place so much either...good good!

And thanks for the dedication...it was sweet!
punk_babe_69
punk_babe_69 | 20-09-2005 07:21
SOMEONE HAS NO LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tyrannical_King
Tyrannical_King | 20-09-2005 07:30
You miss, are a fool. Scroll over forum, then click on hall of fame. Then close your mouth.
biancaissocool
biancaissocool | 20-09-2005 07:31
Well done Curtis! I gotta say, my first impression of you wasn't that great, but the more I see of you, the more I like you. The forum is always so much more interesting when you're around. Congrats on the 10,000.
FireWaterBurn
FireWaterBurn | 21-09-2005 01:06
King, I read that long post you made. Great post.

...and no thread is complete without senseless newbie banter (punk_babe)...

FireWaterBurn
FireWaterBurn | 21-09-2005 02:07
I am saddened that some of my dedications coughAndroAllyandFishmunkycough have not responded. I hope at least they see this thread.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: