LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

How to Find a Song Name From a Few Lyrics

Follow 7
Add topic
Search
danastasia
danastasia | 13-06-2005 18:34
Whenever someone makes a thread looking for something, whenever I reply, it's because I've used Google to find it - I have the musical knowledge of a frogspawn. So, I thought I'd share how I get it to work. If you're not getting any replies with your thread, or before you even make a thread, try this:

**How to Find a Song Name from a few Lyrics**
Say you heard a song, and you can remember the lyrics, "I get knocked down, but I get up again" and you want to know the name.

1. Go to Google.

2. Type lyrics followed by the snippet of lyrics you know. If you're unsure if it's but or when or if, it doesn't matter, just leave it out.

So, you'll have entered:
lyrics i get knocked down i get up again

3. Press search!

9 times out of 10, the song will jump out at you...you'll get a preview of the rest of the lyrics which might jog your memory. If it's covered by more than one artist, a little research will find out who it is for you.

I find that with 'lyrics' at the start, you are far far far more likely to find the song. If you still have no luck, try with slight variations of what you can remember - Is it knocked down, or blocked down? If that still doesn't work, just remove the words you're unsure of altogether.

When you're using this method, it's key words like people or place names, unusual phrases or what you think are key parts to the song that will help you find what you're looking for.

Hope this helps.
126 to 150 of 231 comments
page 6 of 10
MrsCMT
MrsCMT | 22-02-2007 22:38
Thank you so very much for your help. I am constantly remembering some lyrics, not knowing the song or artist, driving myself slowly insane. You have helped immensely. Thank you.
teo_bnp
teo_bnp | 25-02-2007 12:30
I tired the google thing and it didn't work.
I'm looking for a song, the music video is a black guy going around a store
and singing and a black girl is with him and she has a lot of freckles.
I can only remeber this part of the song "he said...(can't rember lyrics here) said said it's alright"
Anyone know?
cccaaarrr
cccaaarrr | 26-02-2007 07:49
this helped so much :]
deffcon
deffcon | 01-03-2007 22:42
yoo people i tried the google stuff but it is not workin. im tryin to find a song from a club but i dont know the name there is a link to hear da song:
http://www.theguvernment.com/flash/jenna/evite.html
gg74
gg74 | 04-03-2007 09:41
the lyrics are: always on my mind, baby love is in the air, i'll be there,i'll be there for you.
here's a little peace of music
http://www.fortuna.ge/forums/index.php?showtopic=373
Dow_the_fish
Dow_the_fish | 17-03-2007 15:11
How do I post a lyrics here??
JuiceBoxJoe
JuiceBoxJoe | 17-03-2007 15:48
You find the artist, and submit lyrics to the moderator.
0sfretw
0sfretw | 30-03-2007 14:08
Hey, does anyone know this club song that goes "....tell me what you wanna do baby................tell me what you wanna doo...."lol i 4gotten the rest!
tashady
tashady | 31-03-2007 15:06
[b]Found it in seconds, thanx so much xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Its Ataris, Boys of the summer xxxxxxxxxxx
ILYFCFA
ILYFCFA | 05-04-2007 23:57
Hey can anyone help me? I heard a song today and I don't know what it was called or who it was by, but the end of the chorus went...
'I'll be your everything in life, 'Cause I can't live without you'
Or something like that. I really wanna know what the song was. Anyone help me?
roach21
roach21 | 16-04-2007 01:51
yeh im looking for the artist who wrote this song. all i know is a few lyrics from the beg. It is a rap song and here is wat i know..

f*** them haters, f*** them snitches, f*** f*** them haters...
kokoa29
kokoa29 | 22-04-2007 19:56
There is a song playing on the radio. I have heard it twice. The chorus: If your love was all I had in this life: that would be enough until the end of time. Oh oh ooh oh-oh ooh oh-oh ooh oh yeah. I need the title and artist please.
Sgt_Pepper
Sgt_Pepper | 22-04-2007 20:25
Justin Timberlake - Until The End Of Time
tinkler23
tinkler23 | 03-05-2007 14:41
i can't find the song that contains the lyrics show me the man that i know, and don't let me go.think it's a hardcore song.can anyone help
Keara20
Keara20 | 06-05-2007 05:12
I just registerd to thank you for your help. I finally found the song i was looking for, i had like one sentence in my head. Thank you =)
sscake
sscake | 25-05-2007 23:46
thank you for the information, I did exactly what it said and the song popped right up!
BeanyBaby
BeanyBaby | 31-05-2007 01:48
Maybe someone can help me with this song or artist.

The lyrics are 'I'm on my way to..." and sounds lik Elton John, but I don't think it is, but the song has a chorus in the background. Can anyone help?
sn0wsh0e
sn0wsh0e | 31-07-2007 04:01
You are a freaking genius and I love you. I have looked for a song for months and just found it right now thanks to your post. A million thanks. -Sn0wsh0e
Johnni
Johnni | 14-08-2007 01:13
Sounds like a 80's/early 90's soul track with a female vocal.
The lyrics go as follows as far as i can remember

Chorus:
I'll be with you whenever you need me
I'll be there for you
I needed you whenever you need me
You know what to do
BrazC
BrazC | 23-10-2007 20:15
D, thank you but of couse when i try it it doesnt pull up the song i am looking for.
I heard this song that sounded like a remake of sweet home alabama but a southern country twist with the lyrics .."Listening to sweet home alabamaon the radio" it was a guy singing...Any help would be great thanks.
JackiJ
JackiJ | 04-11-2007 01:07
Ok, i'm totally new here, I tried starting a topic and can't even do that. so i'm going to post it here, and sorry not meaning to try and hijack your thread.

Theres a song that i've heard on the radio several times and i'm going totally insane trying to figure out who it is.

Its a very old song, back in 70's i think. the words go something like this " Since you've been gone, all thats left is ___ ___ ___ __ . all thats left are the dreams ___ ____. YOu would walk away from me., ____ ____, ____ ____ ____ ____ ____, since you've been gone ___ ____ ___
words are possibly " all thats left is a plate of gold": Even know that makes no sense.

PLEASE HELP and thank you in advance.

BRlTlSH
BRlTlSH | 08-11-2007 03:53
Ok, ill try giving as much details as i can

Its a fairly new song and kinda mainstream (it was played on Kiis FM)

-theres a part where it goes

"ONE!! (lyrics)

TWO (more lyrics)

THREE!!! (more lyrics)"

and i think i remember hearing Lil Jon in it..
its upbeat and has a pretty heavy sound to it compared to RnB songs (its a rap song)

Also, more importantly, there were parts where the rappers repeatedly went "yada-yada-ya, yada-ya-yada"

AND IT IS NOT "BACK AT ONE" by Brian Mcknight
fillingxsilence
fillingxsilence | 09-11-2007 03:00
How do people not know this already? You'd think it would be the first thing they do when trying to find song lyrics.
It's just common sense, people!
Libbit
Libbit | 18-02-2008 07:04
Do you know any good soft rock artists from 80s-90s?

dago
dago | 27-02-2008 00:23
Yea i tried and now that i know that little tid bit, i will def use it more. But the song i am looking for is a hair metal song, some lyric lines go as follows:

"True love never finds you"
"Dide he ever hurt you"
"I will alwyas love you"

they follow in that order but im sure that there are lyrics inbetween what i have provided, please help if u can, its driving me nuts, i love the way it sounds and wish i knew who sang it and what it was called, thank you very much.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: