LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

How to Find a Song Name From a Few Lyrics

Follow 7
Add topic
Search
danastasia
danastasia | 13-06-2005 18:34
Whenever someone makes a thread looking for something, whenever I reply, it's because I've used Google to find it - I have the musical knowledge of a frogspawn. So, I thought I'd share how I get it to work. If you're not getting any replies with your thread, or before you even make a thread, try this:

**How to Find a Song Name from a few Lyrics**
Say you heard a song, and you can remember the lyrics, "I get knocked down, but I get up again" and you want to know the name.

1. Go to Google.

2. Type lyrics followed by the snippet of lyrics you know. If you're unsure if it's but or when or if, it doesn't matter, just leave it out.

So, you'll have entered:
lyrics i get knocked down i get up again

3. Press search!

9 times out of 10, the song will jump out at you...you'll get a preview of the rest of the lyrics which might jog your memory. If it's covered by more than one artist, a little research will find out who it is for you.

I find that with 'lyrics' at the start, you are far far far more likely to find the song. If you still have no luck, try with slight variations of what you can remember - Is it knocked down, or blocked down? If that still doesn't work, just remove the words you're unsure of altogether.

When you're using this method, it's key words like people or place names, unusual phrases or what you think are key parts to the song that will help you find what you're looking for.

Hope this helps.
76 to 100 of 231 comments
page 4 of 10
ajpaavo
ajpaavo | 02-04-2006 22:28
I tried the googles search thing, good idea but I am not having any luck.

Lyrics I think I know:

You can look at the menu but you can not eat, you can feel the cushions but you just can't take a seat... but you want to, you want to, you know... No one, no one is ever, to blame...

Can any one tell me what song this is or who sings it? Early 1990's may be???

I'd be so greatful! Thanks
Angela4868
Angela4868 | 06-04-2006 18:54
I have tried everything even google and ask .com millions of time and i still can't find this song I used to listen to it on a burned CD that my friend had anyways it is driving me crazy here it is
I used to see you at school
you only talked to the older dudes,
the ones with the nice cars and
all the juice
GameStation
GameStation | 17-04-2006 04:11
i have a song that was recorded on a camera in a club, i can barely make out most of the lyrics. if you have time, my AIM - DjCwA. its a 50 sec clip and there is some distortion. Thx alot
patty_prycila
patty_prycila | 18-04-2006 11:03
i don't find anything ..the lyrics are : wish i never met you/ wish i can forget you ...or something like that ..pls help me
jimeria
jimeria | 19-04-2006 21:40
Please can someone help me find a song

I have only heard it play on a danish radios station.

I only have a few words

Them words are

Inside out --------- stronger and stronger

i have tried google no find.

Please helpme i can say that is a dancey song.

Thanks
Jim
Hazy101
Hazy101 | 21-04-2006 02:39
thank you very much!!!!!!!!
rustysgirls
rustysgirls | 19-05-2006 02:47

Thank you for the advice, I've heard a song and I could'nt get it out of my head. Thanks to you I found it!!!!!
Meekow
Meekow | 22-05-2006 09:55
Hi

I am new here and I just wanted to ask if anyone knows this song. the lyrics goes like this

"everything that I want is to be with you feel you in my arms.. everything that i want is to be with you touch you, feel you ... i feel so alive..

it is house music though.

Thanks in advance for the help
Adria38
Adria38 | 03-06-2006 15:16
Does anyone know who sang this song and what it is called? "Photos spread out on my bedroom floor. Its time to say it. Good bye love. Good Bye love. Look at this photograph everytime it nearly makes me laugh"
Adria38
Adria38 | 03-06-2006 15:34
Another part of the song goes "She was the first girl i kissed. I was so nervous I nearly missed." Please help!
Bobbye
Bobbye | 14-06-2006 22:27
HELP!!! I am trying to find lyrics/name/artist of a song. Some of the lyrics are: " some people talking bout you leaving me here. tell me darling they are just teasing me." Can anyone help???
pdad92
pdad92 | 21-06-2006 04:35
Thanks it worked i have been looking for the singer of a song my mother played when i was a little boy and i am now 41 after 20 years of not knowing i found it Thank you so much
Cablondeblue
Cablondeblue | 07-07-2006 04:25
I tried to Google the lyrics but unfortunately, the song that I am trying to get the name for is one of those rare songs. I actually think it was just written for one purpose and is not played on the radio. If anyone can crack this one, you are awesome.

Here is my request:

Here are some of the lyrics:

If you think you are man enough to love me;
If you think one man can have me all;
If you think that you are strong enough to hold me;
If you think one man can be enough for love;
You're wrong;
What you see is not what you get;
You can look but don't you touch me yet;
Cuz I have a ball way up above your head;
Maybe you should buy a poster instead,.....

You can hear the beginning of the song on Stacy Keibler's Entrance Video at http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/stacykeibler/videos/

pleasebleedblak
pleasebleedblak | 13-07-2006 10:57
i really need help finding the name of this song and the singer. here's how the first verse starts:

" lying next to you
holding you close to me
it feels like i'm in a dream
looking in your eyes...

and here' s the chorus:

"i'm so in love with you
the one's that's touched my heart
like you did right from the start
i'm so in love with you
and we will be together forever with me now."

i tried searching on google but it didn't work. i have a really strong feeling that this is from an artist like bad boys blue or something...i have been looking for htis song FOREVER" so if someone could please help me i would be most grateful
Caro2334
Caro2334 | 15-07-2006 19:06
thanks for the suggestion, why did i think of this? lol
Caro2334
Caro2334 | 15-07-2006 19:07
thanks for the suggestion, why did i think of this? lol
02triple_h
02triple_h | 15-07-2006 21:30
haha ...omg!
u know? i swear to god i do the same! just put the word lyrics n then BAM! the words i know!
jawbreakerluver
jawbreakerluver | 18-07-2006 19:16
can anyone tell me the song that this comes from?:
This is what happens to girls like us it only happens to girls like us it always happens to girls like us
lacedlipgloss
lacedlipgloss | 21-07-2006 04:10
Omgg, im wondering if any of you lovely people could help me. I've been searching for a spanish song, and theres really no SPANISH lyric search engines. And i only know bits and piece of the songs, and its driving me insanee! Can you help meee?

The lyrics i know are..:

"when i think about you, when i think about me. Its destined to be(or its destiny) Abrazameeee"

Basicly, thats all i know. If you guys could help. or even keep a look out i wouldnt mind. Thank youuu.
cougar8319
cougar8319 | 03-08-2006 18:19
I can't find the name to a song
[/lyrics]so let's go back back back to where we lasted.[lyrics=]
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 03-08-2006 18:37
* offtopic :

cougar, that's sugarcult - memory
dasdas
dasdas | 03-08-2006 22:20
hi i was hopeing you guys could help me ive tried google and all to find this song but since the only lyrics i can remember are in most songs its been imposible to find them all i know its a rock song its probably kinda old im guesing somewhere between the 60's- 80's the only lyrics i know are "if you want to be" and then i think he says "..my baby" but im not sure whether he sings that or not. Id say the song is up beat and i remember it from before pretty sure it was a pretty mainstream type of song when it came out heard it on a bus and can't get it out of my mind...if it helps i even asked the bus driver for the name of the song and he said it was called "hard to beat" but he was wrong...
Sehnsuchvoll
Sehnsuchvoll | 10-08-2006 18:38
Guys I'll give you a hard nut to get rid of, ok?

I know it's a song by metallica, and I think (not sure) that they sings "I love you, I will never leave you" or some thing, I've tried both google and lyricfind~

Thanks beforehand
eearg
eearg | 14-08-2006 23:36
What's the name of the Artist and Song
chorus is
"No, no, No no no no, I said no, no, you're not the one for me"
orangez
orangez | 06-09-2006 15:10
[lyrics=]Hi everybody, i¨m looking for a Moby song that says "travel so hard" or so in the chorus, been looking some lyrics with no luck
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: