sv

LetsSingIt Postcard

Följ 1
Dela med sig
Lägg till ämne
Söka
roxcyn
roxcyn | 14-03-2020 00:17
Would you participate in a LetsSingIt Postcard around the world? (See the Museum section for more information.)
Yes5 (71.4 %)vote
No2 (28.6 %)vote
total votes: 7
15 kommentarer
roxcyn
roxcyn | 14-03-2020 00:17
Yes
I think it would be fun to do!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 14-03-2020 00:19
Yes
Yes but we've done this before and not sure if anyone wants to do one now considering what's going on in the world.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 14-03-2020 00:20
Yes
Sure, I'm in if we do it again.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 14-03-2020 01:10
No
If everyone else was in, but eh. It'd be a fairly empty postcard at this point. The one(s?) we did were good fun at the time and a nice memory.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 14-03-2020 02:42
Yes
"maybe"

I'm just concerned about the difficulties of insuring that a single postcard is delivered in turn to each member and their words added, and it is mailed out accurately to the next one in the list.

How about "telecommuting" the Postcard in this age of "Coronavirus"?

Someone (one) makes an online photoimage account (like Sarah does/did for everyone on the ESPN Fantasy Football each year)
----and in that one account we share the name/email/password among us members.

Then each of us, in turn, can take a printout of the "postcard" and add their words and design and re-photograph that same sheet of paper and post it in the account, and that repeats over and over until done (i.e. Imgr or some other one with less virus AV's warnings do not enter that I keep getting for that site).

Two advantages is that 1. I'm certain without taking time for mailing and receiving the postcard, that this can be done all members within a month or so! and 2. in case someone drops the ball, we still have the image from the last postcard done, so we just move on with the next one on the list.

Opinions?
Does doing it on an image site only take away the fun of handling the postcard?

I'm not too excited about that when I see the postmen/women coming in arm length rubber gloves so when they lean the stacks of mail against their arms, it does not spread the virus from one mail to another, to them! I don't like the idea of spraying the entire postcard with hand sanitizer (just kidding---as it will cause all of everyone's hard work drawing on it to run and leach away---remember its an open postcard, unless everyone got large enough envelopes to contain it and used them to mail the card?)
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 14-03-2020 14:16
Yes
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 14-03-2020 14:21
I don't think that would be the same, Practice. Having it actually travel to everyone was the cool thing. And we did lose the card on one attempt, but we succeeded in getting it to everyone twice.

I don't think the virus being on mail is a big concern. (At least that's what the Public Health Agency said.) And we did always put them in envelopes, because we couldn't keep writing different addresses on the same card.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 14-03-2020 14:55
Joeyy
Joeyy | 14-03-2020 15:32
* offtopic :
I'm very surprised you would share your address when you'll otherwise tell us so little about yourself.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 14-03-2020 15:55
* offtopic :
Of course that was partly the reason behind my idea for the sharing of the Imgr et al., password and doing it all "online"....no address needs to be given. I can always give one of my dead drops---but that does reveal "a" location....."sigh" I can always print up a page and Email it to someone---to paste it on the postcard if I'm given the dimensions I can use

* offtopic :
I can think of ways to get around giving an address....as I've done it before [And you don't want that important postcard delayed 3 weeks or more for "Anthrax" texting or dunking the envelope in a bucket of water before I can "handle" it as many pieces of mail get that treatment here]
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 14-03-2020 19:55
That completely defeats the purpose of a postcard.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 14-03-2020 20:25
No
Know how it consists of, but did not participate in the previous editions. And not keen on participating to the next one.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 16-03-2020 10:25
* offtopic :
I assume there may be "others" here too who are unwilling or unable to share addresses who might enjoy participating in a "postcard" this time around...,.maybe I'll set up that 100% internet alternative version as we can possibly paste the two together to make one larger "super" card in the end?????
Joeyy
Joeyy | 16-03-2020 19:57
I don't think you'll get enough interest, and I agree with Jeff about it defeating the purpose, but you're free to do as you please (of course).
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 17-03-2020 07:09
I think it would still be fun to do one, maybe use a smaller postcard?
gäst
gäst
POPPA UT SPARA sparande ...
Läs mer: