pt

The Uk Football Thread.

Seguir 0
Compartilhar
Adicionar tópico
Procurar
danastasia
danastasia | 26-07-2004 16:57
Yes, that time is nearly upon us, season 2004/2005 approaches!

It deserves a thread so I can talk to myself about football, personally I can't wait, but am already confused about the "Coca Cola Championship"...

Good luck to everyone, especially Aston Villa, who will win the league - I can feel it.

Eat football, sleep football, drink and discuss in this thread
451 até 475 de 483 comentários
página 19 de 20
Rise
Rise | 25-05-2006 22:10
These arn't hints of envy Im detecting surely minas?

Na'h. Can't be.

manutd_4eva
manutd_4eva | 25-05-2006 22:21
wtf
spartakist
spartakist | 26-05-2006 20:52
Anyone else reckon that with a Fowler/Crouch striking partnership, Liverpool can win the title next season?
Metallicum
Metallicum | 26-05-2006 20:55
Yeah, they could make some goals for sure. I'm just happy that Morientes is gone, but I'm really sorry for him. He just didn't fit.
manutd_4eva
manutd_4eva | 27-05-2006 03:57
ill let liverpool win..anyone but chelsea
spartakist
spartakist | 27-05-2006 21:39
Moro was a good guy, he tried hard, but his confidence was so low he just looked as if he'd given up.

I'd trade him for Kuijt though...
manutd_4eva
manutd_4eva | 13-06-2006 07:59
i still want carrick for manu next season.
also riquelme and diarra..nice
manutd_4eva
manutd_4eva | 16-06-2006 04:58
cant wait til next season of more epl!!! we are gonna rip all of yous
Rise
Rise | 16-06-2006 20:07
I think some others might have something to say about that. Namely; Frank Lampard, John Terry, Andriy Shevchenko, Michael Ballack, Petr Cech, Michael Essien, Paulo Ferreira, Arjen Robben...
manutd_4eva
manutd_4eva | 17-06-2006 03:34
stuff u chelsea and especially ballack

they have some good players like robben, j.cole, lampard...

drogba has gotta be the worse :@
UhhSam
UhhSam | 17-06-2006 03:38
boo@football
minastirith
minastirith | 17-06-2006 08:54
Envy. Hell no - I'm half-English on my mother's side. It doesn't stop me from hating your national teams with every fibre of my being. Before every major competition you make a big deal about how 'this is our time', 'this is when we emulate the boys of '66', blah blah blah.

But you never do - it's the usual mediocrity of a last-16 or quarter final exit. Then there's always a scapegoat. You never get behind your team, you turn on them, you're like animals. When things are great, you'll support them. But when you lose, it's something like 'Rooney was injured', 'the referee's fault'. But you never accept that you're just not good enough.

At least we've got the dignity to accept our usual pummeling without crying that the ref robbed us. There's a reason behind the universal dislike for the English national side - you're a bunch of arrogant jackasses. And it's never your fault, there's always someone else to blame.

And as for Chelsea, well they can go f*** themselves. I didn't hate Chelsea when Ranieri was boss, because at least he had dignity and respect for an opponent (and he didn't needlessly buy players to stop other teams using them, basically destroying their careers - case in point, Shaun Wright-Phillips). If Mourinho had some dignity, the rest of the footballing world wouldn't despise your team. You'll probably win the league again - by more points most likely. But although the rest of the league is jealous, it doesn't amount to the hatred all teams have for Chelsea.

But back to this summer, I'm just going to wait until you come up against the good sides. And when you lose, remind me to rub your stupid English nose in it.
Rise
Rise | 17-06-2006 19:50
Jesus. Touch a nerve? Small man complex perhaps?

First of all; the rest of the footballing world wouldn't despise your team. You'll probably win the league again

Im an Exeter City fan buddy - Grecian through and through - and I have no particular leanings on Chelsea one way or another.

Buying up players to deprive other teams and in the process destroying their careers, namely SWP. Wright-Phillips is rightly regarded as a great prospect and is one for the coming years. If he can cut it at Chelsea like he's been given the chance to, then that bodes will for his future development. Furthermore, it was Wright-Phillips' decision to go to Stamford Bridge and chase the money and the big time in the face of an already established England career and guaranteed top-billing at Man City. Dont begrudge Chelsea for looking to invest in the future, its smart bussiness. No-one forces players to move to Chelsea and risk rotting in the reserves.
Jose Mourinho. Whats the problem? He has 'no dignity'? Ranieri did? What the fcuk? People like you perplex me, them seem to hate people with a bit of arrogance. Arrogance is good. Its a needed attribute of a winner. Trophies: Mourinho 4, Ranieri 0.

What it comes down to is the same old bollocks; some people just hate winners. United were the hated team of the 90s because of their 'arrogance'. Arsenal were the hated team of the early 00s because they were French. Now its Chelsea becasue they have money and their manager dares to proclaim that he and his side are the best in England.

He's right, how the hell can you argue with that?

This leads me onto the main story tonight; England and the World Cup.

Interesting use of the word 'stupid' in your closing sentance given your apparent inability to distinguish our tabloids from 'us'. Yes, The Sun and The Star play us up. Of course they do. Given their target audience, its a valid journalistic tactic; go to Germnay, Italy, Argintina or Spain and you'll probably get the same. Of course they squad also come out and say we're in with a big chance. Our squad has the ability to win the thing, so whats the point of going in saying 'well, we're going to go out in the second round again'? The excuses. Again, its the tabloid press. I'll hold up my hands as a supporter of the game at large and say when we're not good enough. I, and all of my fellow England fans will always be behind the team, to question our support is ignorant and stupidness beyond belief. Never get behind our team. Pfft. I dont know why Im even responding.

There's a reason behind the universal dislike for the English national side - you're a bunch of arrogant jackasses.

No, we just know basic sport physcology and believe we can win.

My stupid nose will be here in a few weeks time when we, in all probability, fall a little short again. I don't know why I should bother however as I however very much doubt you'll be here with your small-minded head to congratulate us if we do go all the way though.
royksopp3
royksopp3 | 25-06-2006 16:56
QPR shall be facing Burnley first
Let's hope they are as easy as last season, when we beat them 3-0.
royksopp3
royksopp3 | 25-06-2006 16:57
Liverpool won't win. Sorry, but Chelsea will. I think people should stop having hope for the time being in the premiership, and save it for when Chelsea are less dominant.
manutd_4eva
manutd_4eva | 26-06-2006 07:43
chelsea will win..ah joke,

IT SHUD BE CALLED CHEATERS FOOTBALL CLUB
manutd_4eva
manutd_4eva | 26-06-2006 13:11
if fernando torres ends up at chelsea instead of manu, i will fuking bash any chelsea fans i see...pisses me off
The_Optimist
The_Optimist | 26-06-2006 13:30
Fear Sheffield Utd FC from now on
spartakist
spartakist | 01-07-2006 13:32
The Optimist, yuor name is completely apt
The_Optimist
The_Optimist | 01-07-2006 14:05
lol i try
minastirith
minastirith | 04-07-2006 13:15
Yes, my stupid nose has returned. And once more, England have indeed fallen short. Again - to the same team (for the second time), at the same stage (for the third time) and also, to the same manager (for the third time). Don't seem to be learning - now don't get me wrong, I wanted England to reach the semis after Rooney got sent off. Not because I like England (at all), but simply because I wanted you to lose in a game without sending-off or injuries, in a match where you were forced to accept you weren't as good.

And yes, I know, I'm bitter, I'm twisted. I'm from a country with little to no sporting achievements to their name (except for winning the Grand Slam for a country with a population of some 3 million). And yes, I'm a small-minded nationalist racist. THAT'S why I hate England. It has nothing to do with the fact that as a people, you have absolutely nothing to be proud of. Nothing at all - had Hitler not got bored of bombing the RAF bases, you would have been decimated. Also, if you look in your history books, it was in fact the British (or more aptly, the English) who first used concentration camps.

Now yes, I know, this has nothing to do with football. It has everything to do with why I don't like England as a country. I'm half-English, so the whole racist argument has no validity whatsoever. So don't give me that argument.
minastirith
minastirith | 04-07-2006 13:15
Yes, my stupid nose has returned. And once more, England have indeed fallen short. Again - to the same team (for the second time), at the same stage (for the third time) and also, to the same manager (for the third time). Don't seem to be learning - now don't get me wrong, I wanted England to reach the semis after Rooney got sent off. Not because I like England (at all), but simply because I wanted you to lose in a game without sending-off or injuries, in a match where you were forced to accept you weren't as good.

And yes, I know, I'm bitter, I'm twisted. I'm from a country with little to no sporting achievements to their name (except for winning the Grand Slam for a country with a population of some 3 million). And yes, I'm a small-minded nationalist racist. THAT'S why I hate England. It has nothing to do with the fact that as a people, you have absolutely nothing to be proud of. Nothing at all - had Hitler not got bored of bombing the RAF bases, you would have been decimated. Also, if you look in your history books, it was in fact the British (or more aptly, the English) who first used concentration camps.

Now yes, I know, this has nothing to do with football. It has everything to do with why I don't like England as a country. I'm half-English, so the whole racist argument has no validity whatsoever. So don't give me that argument.
manutd_4eva
manutd_4eva | 04-07-2006 18:13
god mina wtf are u on abt? is uk thread is for epl shit
Rise
Rise | 05-07-2006 11:43
god mina wtf are u on abt? is uk thread is for epl shit

Well, strangly enough glory-hunter boy, 'The Uk Football Thread' is for any football in the Uk. Now, this may be a little hard to take in, but there is actually more to Uk football than the 20 Premiership teams.

I know, I know, culture shock. Breathe slowly...

You go Minas, give it all you got. Raaa raaa raaa.
spartakist
spartakist | 27-07-2006 14:32
You're making no sense minas. Nobody cares if you hate England or not. This is a thread about footbakll, not nationalistic differences.

To your point about concentration camps, do you seriously think we are proud of a few people's dishonouring of our country? The world has managed to forgive Germany for the Nazi era, whats with the obsessive harking back to something that happened over 100 years ago? You say England has nothing to be proud of, a tiny (ion respect) country has produced some of the greatest engineers (Brunel) scientists (Newton) and leaders (Churchill) the world has ever seen. And to your ridiculous point about WWII; the Luftwaffe stopped bombing Britain because they were getting spanked all over the sky by the RAF, not because they 'got bored'. Which nationality do you casll yourself then; what contributions have they made to the world? You are a bitter jealous windup merchant with a chip on your shoulder.
convidado
convidado
SAIR SALVE salvando ...
Leia mais: