pt

Randomness is the Answer #192

Seguir 1
Compartilhar
Adicionar tópico
Procurar
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 20-01-2022 21:31
Could the streak comeback? Stay tuned! Here's to warmer weather.

----------------------------------------------------------

The following is a paid broadcast from Stanley...

*insert commercial jingle*

Please, people, let's not forget what the great HappyLion said when he first opened this thread back in '02...

Tired of "favorite..."s and "hate..."s?
Tired of religious wars?
Tired of disputes over words like "gay"?
Feeling random...?

Or are you just one of those people who don't make any sense anyway...?

THEN DROP BY THE RANDOMNESS, THE PLACE WHERE YOU CAN JUST GET THAT WEIRDNESS OFF YOUR MIND!

-----------------------R U L E S-------------------------

1. Posts in this thread (with this one as a possible exception...) may make no sense whatsoever!

2. Try to read all existing posts before posting a new one...

3. DO NOT USE MORE THAN 3 SMILEYS PER POST!

4. BE ORIGINAL!

5. Have fun for Christ's sake!

6. (Don't) Spam!
1,376 até 1,400 de 2,077 comentários
página 56 de 84
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 26-01-2023 00:48
Back in my 10th grade year, we got let out because of a burst pipe in the hall way lol.

Couldn't sleep last night and watched Blade Runner 2049. Great movie.
misfitgurl444
misfitgurl444 | 26-01-2023 03:09
This whole state was built to flood. I guess the school system felt it would be unsafe for the busses. I saw 2 accidents on the way home (maybe an hour into the rain starting). One flipped FedEx truck and a car ran off the curve into some trees. As soon as I got home, the sirens in town started going off. The roads get very puddly and the dips fill up quickly and people in NC can barely drive in the sun.

I've been at work like 5 separate times where there has been water issues lol. My last week before I gave birth the last time, the office upstairs had their hot water heater burst and leak into our office.
CarlJ
CarlJ | 26-01-2023 12:42
We had snow overnight on Tuesday, not a lot, but nearly EVERY school in the greater metro area closed. I drove into work. I even got certified yesterday to be a first responder here. CPR, blood pathogen, even learned how to use the AED. After the execs heart attack and death last week, they figured now would be a good time. We lost a co worker many years ago here to a heart attack. So, now i'm certified for two years.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 26-01-2023 18:39
Haven't caught up yet, recently back from a month abroad, but Happy New Year all! Hope you're all doing well.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 26-01-2023 19:31
Sorry you've all been so unwell, I hope you're mostly all better now.

Re: American football, my girlfriend's family are Eagles fans, so there's been big hype. I now own a shirt in addition to my older beanie
Joeyy
Joeyy | 26-01-2023 19:34
Darren keeps running up to rosco, letting him lick his nose then running away and repeating the process. Kids lol

My brain is foggy and I forgot for a moment that Darren's one of your kids and not your husband, lmao.

I wonder if I will buy Amazon Prime again this year. They keep raising it up and up.

Same, Scott. I think I'm going to cancel mine because I need to save more money this year and I don't watch Prime Video much (and sometimes will want to watch something I have to pay for anyway). I'll keep an eye on how much I'm paying extra for deliveries, though, and consider re-subscribing if it's a lot.
misfitgurl444
misfitgurl444 | 27-01-2023 15:31
I don't use Prime, I just wait until I have $25 worth in my cart for the free shipping.

I hope you had a fun trip!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 27-01-2023 20:58
Joey, great to hear from you!

Trying to quit nicotine is so damn hard. I wish I didn't pick it up in high school to look cool because it's just stupid.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 29-01-2023 06:31
Oooh... I've somehow never thought of that. Good tip for when you don't need something right away, which is rarely from Amazon. Nice one, Dee! And thanks! It was lovely.

Thanks, Jeff, it's nice to hear from you also. I don't remember you smoking, but I hope you're able to quit soon. Surprisingly, a school talk put me off smoking for life. Gave us all a pack of info that included a pic of a smoker's lungs, and that was it for me.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 29-01-2023 07:33
Fortunately I don't smoke cigarettes, I just vape on these nicotine sticks, or as Jeremy would call it: "douche flutes." Not saying those are a smarter/safer alternative thought. I just hit it when I'm stressed, and I'm stressed 24/7, lmao. Counterproductive on my end.

However, I do like to smoke a cigar once in a while.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 29-01-2023 08:51
Me too Dee and Joey----good method for Amazon and just about everywhere else I shop online......just have a little patience and can save a lot!
roxcyn
roxcyn | 29-01-2023 16:21
Oh, wow, I didn't know you smoked/vaped, Jeff. Oooh, Joey, where did you go?

I received an email from them that they're raising the minimum order to $150 for Amazon Fresh to avoid fees. No idea why they keep messing up their membership, but whatever. I will have to talk to my family to see if they really want to keep it. I'm voting "no".

Learn something new every day - I didn't know it floods bad in NC. Yeah, I remember seeing on TV where they didn't have heat in the winter so some of the schools closed for a day or two. I don't recall that every happening when I went to school. They did let out early a few times because of a bad snow storm.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 29-01-2023 16:44
I'm confident I have mentioned it in the past before somewhere in a Randomness.

Got the Bengals and 49ers winning today. We'll see.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 29-01-2023 16:53
You probably did and I forgot. What time is the game?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 29-01-2023 17:32
49ers @ Eagles 3pm EST, Bengals @ Chiefs 6pm EST.

Seeing the first overall pick and the last pick in a Super Bowl is the script I'd like to see.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 29-01-2023 23:36
Lol that didn't age well.
misfitgurl444
misfitgurl444 | 30-01-2023 00:25
Well Jeff we're all old with bad memories lol.

$150 minimum?! I have two kids and we don't spend that much on groceries in a week. Even Walmart is only $35 minimum.

I don't believe we have many stores that even participate in Amazon shopping like that. At least I haven't heard of any doing it
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 30-01-2023 01:07
Oh same. I could not even remember what I had for breakfast the other day.

...and then I woke up yesterday not knowing what day it was...
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 30-01-2023 03:08
What a game.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 30-01-2023 15:03
Wow, they sure were!

It is for Amazon Prime Now / Amazon Fresh that focuses on grocery items. They're Amazon created and owned. Last year they added a fee on all Whole Foods delivery orders which I think is $7 per order. However with this change, it's crazy. It's a sliding scale and if you don't want a delivery fee you have to buy $150 of groceries.
misfitgurl444
misfitgurl444 | 30-01-2023 22:10
I would just take the delivery fee lol
CarlJ
CarlJ | 31-01-2023 12:25
Welcome back Joey!
What a game Sunday night. By all rights, we should have lost. But the Bengals shot themselves in the foot with that last play. Now time for the KELCE BOWL!!!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 31-01-2023 14:22
A Heads up! (with a pair of binoculars)... Comet C/2022 E3 (Z.T.F.) is now visible and the show is free! Cameras are welcome to see the green color!
CarlJ
CarlJ | 01-02-2023 12:40
IT"S MY DAUGTHER's 16th BIRTHDAY!!!! and i'm at work and she has to go to school lol
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 01-02-2023 13:27
Today is a glorious day. 100 days left of the semester and Tom Brady called it quits for good.

Happy birthday to your daughter, Carl!
convidado
convidado
SAIR SALVE salvando ...
Leia mais: