pt

Snap is just becoming an annoyance now

Seguir 4
Compartilhar
Adicionar tópico
Procurar
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 17-08-2017 16:37
I've been having these frustrations for many months now, and after dealing with this in silence, I think it's finally time to voice them in hopes of a fix. Perhaps others can relate here.

Snap hardly seems to be doing any good nowadays; it's almost as if the bad it does outweighs the good. All it seems to do anymore is just add duplicate songs relentlessly despite constant deletions. Every time I get "content updated of your artists" PMs, almost all of it is usually just Snap adding duplicate/misattributed songs, which makes for a lot of time spent deleting duplicates. I was okay with doing this for a while because it didn't take long (usually; sometimes Snap adds tons of dupes at once though), but today it sent me to the boiling point upon realizing that, after taking a day to clean up Smokey Robinson's page back in June, Snap just went ahead and re-added nearly 100 dupes, meaning that I have to delete everything again.

I'm noticing trends with Snap, too. It tends to add songs to solo artists' pages that actually belong to bands they were in. Take for instance, the previous example of Smokey Robinson, Snap mass-added a bunch of songs by his band, The Miracles, when they shouldn't be on his solo page as he has a solo career of his own. Similarly, on Paul McCartney's page, I must have had to delete songs that were actually by his band Wings at least 10 times. Another trend is that it adds featured artists that, 9 times out of 10, shouldn't even be there. Sometimes these are members of the band that don't actually have a featured credit on the song (and shouldn't), other times it's a completely unrelated artist who has nothing to do with the song.

So how would this be fixed? I have a few things in mind. I personally think that Snap should take notice when songs are consistently deleted and cease to continue re-adding them after a certain amount of deletions. That way, us artist moderators can stop getting all of this clutter on the artists we moderate and can get them back to a neat state. I also think it would be best if Snap just stopped adding featured artists altogether. Perhaps this is a more controversial idea, but from what I've seen, Snap hardly adds correct featured artists, and they've really become more of a nuisance than anything at this point.

I really want the best for LSI, but after seeing how messy some artist pages have become after Snap's invasion on them, it seriously makes me flustered. Ray, I really hope you understand where I'm coming from.
26 até 40 de 40 comentários
página 2 de 2
Ray
Ray | 09-03-2022 17:46
Yes, Snap is busy. Updating copyright and writer information on songs.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 09-03-2022 18:55
Yup, I've been noticing this too, and I figured out pretty quickly that Snap was just adding songwriters and copyright info to a number of songs, since those fields are blank initially. Nothing to be concerned about, though I do hope Snap finishes fairly soon as this makes it impossible to filter out edits from actual users, not to mention the daily messages may be annoying to some people.
Ray
Ray | 09-03-2022 22:05
I think in 24 hours the refresh has been completed and Snap resumes it's normal operations. Though, Snap has been upgraded, so Snap 2.0 may show some higher activity than before.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 10-03-2022 07:34
Snap is growing up, nice!
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 11-03-2022 03:31
Just popping in here to ask something ......can Snap 2.0 add in the "year" the song was copyrighted/written? That helps me when faced with a slew of songs performed by different people, and I'm just trying to find who "originally" wrote and performed that song---other than going to "Google" and exploring the song's history through reading pages and pages of that resource.

Just kinda asking.......since those often empty data fields are being manipulated/touched now
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 11-03-2022 05:13
I think in 24 hours the refresh has been completed and Snap resumes it's normal operations. Though, Snap has been upgraded, so Snap 2.0 may show some higher activity than before.

Is Snap going to be adding lyrics more frequently as well? I noticed Snap posted lyrics for an album that just came out today, which I don't think I've ever seen before. Usually, for the new releases I work on each week, I'm the first one (or among the first) to add the lyrics, no matter how big the artist is.
Ray
Ray | 11-03-2022 05:18
can Snap 2.0 add in the "year" the song was copyrighted/written

Good idea! But unfortunately, this info is not available.

Is Snap going to be adding lyrics more frequently as well

Yes!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 11-03-2022 05:49
Great news! I always thought it was surprising just how many popular/new releases are missing lyrics on here. Obviously, it's too much manpower due to the sheer scope of LSI and it having a smaller editor base than a site like Genius, so some songs just stay lyricless despite the lyrics being easily findable on other sites. I wouldn't be surprised if that's driven users away, because if they can't find lyrics here, they'll just go to another site (Genius, AZLyrics, etc...)

It seemed like before this, Snap was more focused on creating pages for new releases rather than populating them with lyrics...but that clearly isn't enough for a lyric site. The one major drawback to this is Snap accidentally adding incorrect lyrics, which I've already seen happen many times in the past, but this is an old issue and a necessary evil that comes with the process of "copying in" lyrics from other sources.

In any case, I'm beyond glad to see you're continuing to improve the quality of this site! Looking forward to seeing how this pans out
roxcyn
roxcyn | 11-03-2022 11:35
Yes, Snap is a pro now. I added some songs the other day and he magically automatically added the lyrics for two of the songs. How cool! He's growing up with more responsibilities.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 11-03-2022 13:07
Yeah, I just noticed that this morning; it seems like Snap is adding lyrics to some songs within seconds of them being added to the site! This is crazy haha, I love it!
Ray
Ray | 12-03-2022 14:22
Yes guys, this is a nice upgrade! Good to hear you like it!

This upgrade is part of the new content-management system that is coming up. Snap 2.0 plays a big role in this new system.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 12-03-2022 17:39
The one thing I'm kind of curious about is where Snap is pulling the information and lyrics from - I assume it all comes down to the LyricFind database as you've mentioned in the past. But I'm sure more info is to come once the new CM system is fully rolled out.
Ray
Ray | 12-03-2022 18:24
Correct, it's the LyricFind database.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 01-06-2023 22:20
Sorry for the bump. I wanted to come back here and express my frustration. Anyway, I went on a few albums I like here. I know for sure they had their YouTube songs linked. Now all the entries I'm seeing the YouTube videos have been removed. What is going on? Is Snap removing them? Why do we keep having to add them back? It's extremely frustrating and becoming more annoying by the day.
Ray
Ray | 01-07-2023 11:02
Thanks for the bump Scott. Videos are only removed when they are not valid anymore, .i.e. deleted on YouTube, not allowed anymore to embed on 3th party websites, etc.

Do you have an example so that I can check this out?

Tnx!
convidado
convidado
SAIR SALVE salvando ...
Leia mais: