Rename this artist please

Seguir 7
Compartilhar
Adicionar tópico
Procurar
Ray
Ray | 21-01-2016 14:09
Correct an artist name

In this topic you can request a name change of an artist. Of course, be 100% sure the artist needs to be renamed. Check Wikipedia, Google or any other resources. Include this info in you post, that is very helpful for the reviewers!

So when do we rename an artist?

1. Misspelled

The most common reason to change a name is because it's simply misspelled.

When not to request a name change

1. The artist with the correct spelling already exists

If the artist is already listed on LSI with the correct spelling (check this by doing a search), then the misspelled artist map should be deleted. You can request this in the Remove This Artist Please topic.

2. The artist changed their name

It's not uncommon that artists change their name. On LSI we add this new name as new map and link the old name to this new map. For artist name changes you can use the New Way Of Dealing With Artist Name Changes.

How to request a name change request in this topic

1. mention the artist name that needs to be renamed
2. link the name to its map using the LSI artist-tag
3. mention the reason for the rename
4. mention the new name

*text updated 24-09-2020 by Ray*
126 até 150 de 155 comentários
página 6 de 7
roxcyn
roxcyn | 25-01-2020 03:33
Probably make it an alias, too, right?
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 25-01-2020 03:41
It's his new name.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 25-01-2020 04:15
But his old stuff was under his old name, so you want the old name as an alias.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 25-01-2020 04:23
No. He is completely renamed.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 25-01-2020 04:47
Jeff, he means that he should get an "also known as" alias on his page, much like Nicole Wray.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 25-01-2020 04:51
Thanks for the clarification, Nicolas!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-01-2020 23:40
Jay Cosmic to DESERT STAR

source
Malindagtsqueen
Malindagtsqueen | 11-04-2020 18:37
Grace [AU] now goes by SAYGRACE
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 21-04-2020 04:40
Slander should be renamed to SLANDER.

* offtopic :
Done almost instantly. Thanks Celine!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 27-04-2020 20:27
Shockone should be ShockOne.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 27-04-2020 20:33
Slips & Slurs should be renamed to Slippy.

source
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 28-04-2020 01:55
Jeff, I just took care of ShockOne, but there's already another artist named Slippy in the database. If they're not the same artist I'll disambiguate the other one.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-04-2020 01:57
Thank you, Nicolas! Yeah, that's the same guy haha. I wonder if I submitted that by accident without noticing. My apologies if I did lol.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 28-04-2020 02:14
OK! In that case you'll want to post that in this thread so Ray can merge the pages together and make "Slippy" an alias.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 28-04-2020 02:25
Thanks, Nicolas!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 30-04-2020 23:00
Kuuro should be renamed to KUURO.

* offtopic :
Done again quickly, thank you!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 05-05-2020 19:46
Amidy should be AMIDY.

Røry should be RØRY.

* offtopic :
And again, done within my edit limit! Thank you!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 08-06-2020 18:46
Emel should be EMEL.

* offtopic :
Thanks Nicholas!
ATESGUNES
ATESGUNES | 15-06-2020 11:45
Hello dear moderators,

Could you change and coorect these artist's names please?

Sibelalas should be "Sibel Alaş"

Aysegul Aldinc should be "Ayşegül Aldinç"

Nilufer should be "Nilüfer"

Gulben Ergen should be "Gülben Ergen"

Candan Ercetin should be "Candan Erçetin"

M.F.O. should be "Mazhar - Fuat - Özkan"

Burcu Gunes should be "Burcu Güneş"

Yildiz Tilbe should be "Yıldız Tilbe"

Thanks very much. May be the list is too long but long time they were in my mind.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 15-06-2020 20:16
ATESGUNES, I did all of those except MFO. Do you have any source proving their real name to be Mazhar-Fuat-Özkan? From what I can find on Wikipedia, Allmusic and Discogs, MFÖ is the band's name, which is an acronym for their names.
ATESGUNES
ATESGUNES | 15-06-2020 20:21
Wikipedia says these sentences:

Mazhar-Fuat-Özkan (MFÖ), also known by their original name Mazhar ve Fuat, is a Turkish pop and rock band with Mazhar Alanson, Fuat Güner and Özkan Uğur as members. While many of their songs poke fun at common Turkish types ("Ali Desidero", "Piskopatım") or satirise prejudice and corruption ("Deli Deli", "Rüşvet"), others are more spiritual in nature, showing their interest in Sufism ("Sufi", "Ateş-i Aşka").

In 1965, Mazhar Alanson and Fuat Güner first met at a record shop when Alanson saw Güner with a Beatles record in his hand and offered then a stranger Güner to listen the record together. Alanson and Güner would then start to work together and play in the Turkish band, Kaygısızlar, which includes other well known Turkish musicians like Ali Serdar, Semih Oksay, Fikret Kızılok, and Barış Manço. Having also played with Kaygısızlar, Özkan Uğur would start working with other musicians like Erkin Koray, Ersen ve Dadaşlar, and Kurtalan Ekspres after Kaygisizlar separated in 1971.

The same year, in 1971, Mazhar Alanson and Fuat Güner recorded the only album of Mazhar-Fuat. The title of the LP is Türküz Türkü Çağırırız. Following this LP's commercial failure, in 1976, Alanson and Güner formed the band, İpucu Beşlisi, with Özkan Uğur, Ayhan Sicimoğlu, and Galip Boransu, which would separate in 1978.

In 1984, MFÖ would release their first LP Ele Güne Karşı Yapayalnız which turned out to be a big hit. Though, it is accepted MFÖ [1] is officially established in 1971 when Özkan Uğur first played with Mazhar and Fuat.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 15-06-2020 20:42
I'm aware - but as I said, it seems like MFÖ is their official name based on those sources, and it is just an acronym for their names. If Mazhar-Fuat-Özkan was their official name, the Wikipedia page would be named as such.

It's not unlike other band names such as ABBA, which is also an acronym for the band members' names. Contrast this to bands like Electric Light Orchestra and Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark - those are their official band names, but fans commonly abbreviate their names to ELO and OMD for the sake of convenience.
ATESGUNES
ATESGUNES | 15-06-2020 20:58
Thanks very much for helping.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 25-06-2020 18:23
Mve should be MVE.
Ray
Ray | 26-07-2020 13:33
I added aliases or merged maps where requested

I renamed MUZZ back to Muzzy. When an artist changes its name the way to go is to create a map with this news name and merge the old name with this new map. All content of the old name is than available (still under the old name) in the map with the new name.
convidado
convidado
SAIR SALVE salvando ...
Leia mais: