Remove this artist please

Seguir 8
Compartilhar
Adicionar tópico
Procurar
Ray
Ray | 21-01-2016 14:09
Remove an artist

Found an artist that needs to be removed? You can do that here. Of course, be 100% sure the artist needs to be removed. Check Wikipedia or Google or any other resources. Include this info in you post, that is very helpful for the reviewers!

So, when do we remove artists?

1. Duplicate

We do not want duplicate artists. The may be variations with incorrect spellings. These maps need to be deleted. But before doing that, we need to transfer the content from the misspelled artist to the artist with the correct spelling (see instructions how to do that below).

2. Incorrect "type"

Names have an "artist" type or "movie/TV show/compilation/...". If the artist is actually a movie, it needs to be deleted and recreated as a movie. Note that flipping the type between artist and movie types is not possible.

3. Non-existing

Artists that do not exist (fake) obviously need to be removed.

When not to remove an artist

1. The artist is misspelled

If the artist is misspelled and an artist with the correct spelling does not already exists, then simply request a name change in the Rename This Artist Please topic.

2. The artist changed their name

It's not uncommon that artists change their names. On LSI we add this new name as new map and link the old name to this new map. No deleting of any artists is involved here. For artist name changes you can use the New Way Of Dealing With Artist Name Changes.

How to submit a removal request in this topic

1. mention the artist name that needs to be removed
2. link the name to its map using the LSI artist-tag
3. mention the reason for removal
4. if content of the artist needs to be transferred to another map (for example to the artist with the correct spelling that is also listed on LSI) add+ link this artist name.

*text updated 24-09-2020 by Ray*
126 até 150 de 199 comentários
página 6 de 8
musdan77
musdan77 | 24-11-2016 01:38
I thought this was taken care of years ago, but evidently not.

Old name: Talley Trio
New name: The Talleys

Hopefully, the 4 songs that are there can just be merged into the new one.
Ray
Ray | 25-11-2016 13:20
Up to date! Nice work guys!

I didn't add E40 as alias for E-40, because the search engine already comes up with the correct result.

I think that the other thread is indeed a better place for handling artist name related matters. Technically, this one it for removing artists. Let's not confuse others members
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 25-11-2016 16:13
Alright, thanks for making that clear. I'll hop on over to the other thread for future aliases. Thanks for the update, as well!
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 04-08-2017 02:06
What happened to KESHA? I added a self-titled album and it has been removed. Here is the source, this is a different artist from the Praying singer.

And only recently, I noticed the American singer removed the $ from her name.

Any answer from Ray or anyone from the staff?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 04-08-2017 02:55
Recreate the band using the country code, if you know it. For example, KESHA [UK]. The more famous Kesha removed the dollar sign from her name, so the alias is needed for the other one.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 04-08-2017 09:27
Céline- here you go: KESHA [UK]
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 04-08-2017 14:26
The [UK] was just an example. I don't know if they're actually from the UK (I couldn't find info on their country). But of course, Celine can change it if that's wrong.
svaraej
svaraej | 19-10-2017 21:23
Hi!

Jävlar Anamma is a misspelled duplicate of Jävlaranamma.

Best regards,
svaraej
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 21-12-2017 23:59
The Jackson 5 and Jacksons need to be merged together somehow. I'm not sure which name should be used, because they were known by both names throughout their career, but there's a lot of duplicate content between the two that needs to be merged. I'm thinking The Jackson 5 is preferable, because not only do they have more content but are the more popular page between the two.

Normally, this is something I could do myself, but with the addition of sending songs into the queue for removal, this isn't something I can effectively do anymore (at least to this scale).
roxcyn
roxcyn | 24-12-2017 15:33
I could help you with it? I'll have some free time due to the holiday.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 24-12-2017 22:04
I appreciate it, but how could you help me with it? Artist Super Mods still can't delete things instantly. It would take just as long if you helped with it since you'd have to send all of the removal/merge requests through the queue.
Ray
Ray | 24-12-2017 22:26
I can indeed move everything at once.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 26-12-2017 23:07
I'd greatly appreciate that, Ray, at least until you restore that ability to Super Mods.

While you're at it, you may want to clean up Michael Jackson's page. There's a lot of Jackson 5 dupes there as well, many added by the dreaded Snap
Ray
Ray | 01-01-2018 20:36
I transfered all content of Jacksons to The Jackson 5. I removed Jacksons map and added this name as alias to The Jackson 5.

I don't have an automated option to clean up content of Michael Jackson
svaraej
svaraej | 01-02-2018 14:22
Hi!

I added the artist Mogge before realizing that "Mogge" is a nickname/alias for the artist Masayah. https://www.discogs.com/artist/366551-Masayah

I've moved the only song one Mogge's page to Masayah so it would be great if Mogge could be deleted.

Incorrect (delete):
Mogge https://www.letssingit.com/mogge-jjfrg
Correct (keep):
Masayah https://www.letssingit.com/masayah-dd26t

Best regards,
svaraej
music_junkie
music_junkie | 27-02-2018 18:25
need to please remove duplicate Olivia Newton John (without hyphen - correct artist name is Newton-John already in lsi).

there is only 1 song under the dup wrong artist and its a duplicate that can also be deleted. Glee Cast feat. Olivia Newton John - Physical
svaraej
svaraej | 28-02-2018 22:11
Hi!

The artist Onklp should be remove/merged since it's only a variant spelling of the artist Onkl P.

All songs have either already been transferred to Onkl P or waiting on transfer in the review queue.

Link to artist page on Discogs with spelling variants listed

Best regards,
svaraej
svaraej
svaraej | 28-02-2018 22:20
Hi again!

I just noticed that I didn't use the LSI tags in an artist removal request I made some time ago so I'm posting it again. This time with tags!

I've added the artist Mogge before realizing that it only is a nickname/alias for the artist Masayah.

All songs have been moved to the artist page Masayah.

Incorrect (delete):
Mogge
Correct (keep):
Masayah

Link to artist page on Discogs with aliases listed

Best regards,
svaraej
Ray
Ray | 02-03-2018 16:22
Artists updated Thanks guys, great work!
svaraej
svaraej | 15-03-2018 08:09
Hi!

I believe that the artist Michael Oneil might be a misspelled duplicate of Michael ONeill.

Michael Oneil have no songs, albums, biography or visible activity on his artist page.

I therefore propose that Michael Oneil should be removed/merged into Michael ONeill.

What do you think?

Best regards,
svaraej
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 15-03-2018 08:11
That is a misspelled duplicate indeed.
music_junkie
music_junkie | 02-05-2018 22:52
please remove fake artist, Shiver

was created when a coldplay song was added using the song title as primary artist name. i already have a delete song request pending and is the only song listed. thanks!
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 02-05-2018 23:51
Removing Coldplay's song looks right but...

No, please don't remove the artist Shiver, because of this album. I have to rename it first (San Francisco's Shiver) since I found the corresponding album there.
music_junkie
music_junkie | 03-05-2018 09:43
hi Olivia_Ka thanks for helping

ok i see you renamed artist as mentioned, but they dont belong on the coldplay song named San Francisco's Shiver feat. Coldplay - Shiver and there's already a proper track of this title listed by coldplay Coldplay - Shiver.

did a quick search of SFS and see no connection between a 1972 band SFS and a 2000 coldplay song from their album Parachutes, but my remove song request is still pending... should I just wait for that to go through to get rid of this erroneous/dup track from coldplay? or can you take this SFS band off as primary artist on the coldplay song then i can get rid of it as a dup?
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 03-05-2018 09:48
did a quick search of SFS and see no connection between a 1972 band SFS and a 2000 coldplay song

See that? Shiver is not only Coldplay's song, but also an artist name variation of SFS. And the album tracklist is there. So...

should I just wait for that to go through to get rid of this erroneous/dup track from coldplay?

I guess you have to wait for the Coldplay song to be removed from the San Francisco's Shiver map - as long as it is in the review queue.
convidado
convidado
SAIR SALVE salvando ...
Leia mais: