Remove this artist please

Seguir 8
Compartilhar
Adicionar tópico
Procurar
Ray
Ray | 21-01-2016 14:09
Remove an artist

Found an artist that needs to be removed? You can do that here. Of course, be 100% sure the artist needs to be removed. Check Wikipedia or Google or any other resources. Include this info in you post, that is very helpful for the reviewers!

So, when do we remove artists?

1. Duplicate

We do not want duplicate artists. The may be variations with incorrect spellings. These maps need to be deleted. But before doing that, we need to transfer the content from the misspelled artist to the artist with the correct spelling (see instructions how to do that below).

2. Incorrect "type"

Names have an "artist" type or "movie/TV show/compilation/...". If the artist is actually a movie, it needs to be deleted and recreated as a movie. Note that flipping the type between artist and movie types is not possible.

3. Non-existing

Artists that do not exist (fake) obviously need to be removed.

When not to remove an artist

1. The artist is misspelled

If the artist is misspelled and an artist with the correct spelling does not already exists, then simply request a name change in the Rename This Artist Please topic.

2. The artist changed their name

It's not uncommon that artists change their names. On LSI we add this new name as new map and link the old name to this new map. No deleting of any artists is involved here. For artist name changes you can use the New Way Of Dealing With Artist Name Changes.

How to submit a removal request in this topic

1. mention the artist name that needs to be removed
2. link the name to its map using the LSI artist-tag
3. mention the reason for removal
4. if content of the artist needs to be transferred to another map (for example to the artist with the correct spelling that is also listed on LSI) add+ link this artist name.

*text updated 24-09-2020 by Ray*
51 até 75 de 199 comentários
página 3 de 8
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 01-03-2016 02:00
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 01-03-2016 11:40
Please make Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. a searchable alias for JR JR.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 02-03-2016 23:53
The White Album

Don't remove this one! There is an artist by this name.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 02-03-2016 23:54
Yes, I just proofread the list after I posted it and saw such a band exists, I already removed it from the list
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 07-03-2016 21:21
Outlawz (right)
2pac & Outlawz (wrong)

The Notorious B.I.G. (right)
Biggie (wrong)
Biggie Smalls (wrong)
DonnyW
DonnyW | 14-03-2016 02:41
Nat Lover
There is no such artist as "Nat Lover" - this page is bogus!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 16-03-2016 00:31
Please remove Lance Bass, Joey Fatone, Mandy Moore, Bbmak's Chri. These artists were pulled from The On The Line All-Stars and were credited as featured artists on their song. They should be listed as individual featured artists like they are now.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 25-03-2016 03:24
MCSMeister
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 27-03-2016 23:23
Wait a minute! Nicolas, there are 2 different bands and one of them is indeed named The Chocolate Watch Band (UK band).
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 28-03-2016 00:00
Could you post a link to this other band? I can't find any other band that goes by this name. Still, there are some songs on CWB's page that should be deleted, as they are dupes.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 28-03-2016 01:01
https://www.discogs.com/fr/artist/435071-The-Chocolate-Watch-Band
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 03-04-2016 14:06
Milk Inc. (right)
Milk Ink (wrong)
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 03-04-2016 18:35
Please remove Eddie Rabbit & Crystal Gayle, the correct page for the song they did a duet on is here. The other song on their page is an Eddie Rabbitt solo song.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 06-04-2016 07:20
Planetshakers (real one)

Planetshakers3 (fake one).
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 08-04-2016 00:35
Please move Dawn to Tony Orlando & Dawn and delete Tony Orlando And Dawn

This one's a doozy and will require some work. The band's official name is Tony Orlando & Dawn and Tony Orlando also had some solo releases. However, the band's songs exist on both Dawn and Tony Orlando's pages when they should just be under Tony Orlando & Dawn.

There does seem to be another band called Dawn, so please recreate the page afterwards, but delete/transfer the dupes on Tony Orlando's page as needed. I just figure the easiest way to do this is to rename Dawn's page and then recreate it, since they didn't have any releases apart from the band whereas Tony Orlando did. Once it's recreated, the stuff from the other band named Dawn can be transferred over.

Hopefully that makes sense. I'm even confusing myself trying to put this into words
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 12-04-2016 01:55
Please remove Dance Dance Revolution. The page simply lists various songs from the game series, it is not an artist.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 22-04-2016 00:26
Please delete Urban Legend, this page lists songs and soundtrack albums from a movie series (the songs have the correct artist's name in brackets). These should be converted to respective pages for all three movies.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 27-04-2016 19:58
Please move Dawn to Tony Orlando & Dawn and delete Tony Orlando And Dawn

This one's a doozy and will require some work. The band's official name is Tony Orlando & Dawn and Tony Orlando also had some solo releases. However, the band's songs exist on both Dawn and Tony Orlando's pages when they should just be under Tony Orlando & Dawn.

There does seem to be another band called Dawn, so please recreate the page afterwards, but delete/transfer the dupes on Tony Orlando's page as needed. I just figure the easiest way to do this is to rename Dawn's page and then recreate it, since they didn't have any releases apart from the band whereas Tony Orlando did. Once it's recreated, the stuff from the other band named Dawn can be transferred over.

Hopefully that makes sense. I'm even confusing myself trying to put this into words

Just a note to Ray that he can ignore this now. I'm currently using my new super mod powers to sort this out
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 28-04-2016 23:58
Gary Numan (right)
Tubeway Army (wrong)

Numan released his first two albums under the name Tubeway Army, later dropping the name and recording under his own name while keeping the same musicians from the Army. With that said, I'm not sure if this deserves its own page. All of the Army's releases already exist on Numan's archive, so this just seems redundant to me. I think it's best to keep it all together in this case.
---
Joe Walsh (right)
Barnstorm (wrong)

Created this by accident. His first two albums credited his backing band Barnstorm. I thought they deserved their own page, but it seems that they're technically Joe Walsh solo albums and don't really need to be separate from his archive.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 07-05-2016 15:52
Zedd (right)
DJ Zedd (wrong)
convidado
convidado
SAIR SALVE salvando ...
Leia mais: