pt

MCSMeister's Lyric Help Thread

Seguir 4
Compartilhar
Adicionar tópico
Procurar
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 27-12-2014 17:45
So my song help thread is long dead at this point and I don't want to bump it. However, I do want to reboot the thread in a new sort of way.

I've mentioned in my previous thread before that when transcribing songs, I came to the realization that if I post my transcription with missing parts, then those missing parts will also sound indecipherable to another listener's ears. However, if I just let them transcribe the whole song themselves, they may hear it perfectly clear. So that is what I'm going to do this time around and see if this works out; I'll be posting links to songs that anyone here can feel free to give a shot at transcribing.

When I began my old thread, several different users were helping me transcribe songs, but by the end of its course, it all came down to solely Joeyy helping me and no one else. I want to see if that can change this time. Of course I can't control whether that can change or not, but I noticed tequizasunrise and kalsonberry were very instrumental in helping myself and others transcribe lyrics before, so hopefully I can recruit them to assist in my endeavors once again. If this thread fails once more, I'll probably try bringing it to another music forum and see how that fares.

Anyways, without further ado, I'll start with these five songs:

Milquetoast & Co. - "Love and Tonic"
Jigsaw - "I've Seen the Film, I've Read the Book"
Strawberry Alarm Clock - "Sea Shell"
Jo Jo Gunne - "I Wanna Love You"
Acid Witch - "Intro" (This track's "lyrics" are spoken-word, and there is literally one word I am unsure about)

And please don't feel unaccomplished if you can't make out every single word, any assistance helps me a lot. Thanks!
26 até 50 de 314 comentários
página 2 de 13
tequizasunrise
tequizasunrise | 19-01-2015 19:16
Gave it another listen for the chorus variations and yeah - it does sound like "it's got a hold on me."

As far as the other two lines - my ears are stuck on "I took me a phone call" - maybe the only word that I'm not sure of is "took" but I'm definitely hearing all the other words each time.

Listening again to "running outta time" I now hear "running out of time".

I also found another version of the song by the Beat Farmers that might be an interesting listen. They change a few lyrics here and there but they sing "running outta time" and "I got myself a phone call" for those two lines...
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 19-01-2015 23:23
Hm, interesting. Listening to it a few more times it almost sounds like "kiss me a phone call" or "gets me a phone call" but neither one of those make sense. I swear I hear an "s" sound somewhere in that line. I can settle for "running outta time" on the other line, though, it's just really slurred.

Feel free to move on to one of the other two songs now, I think this is good enough on this one.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 19-01-2015 23:29
It does sound "kiss me a phone call". :S
Joeyy
Joeyy | 20-01-2015 00:33
Jigsaw - Call Collect

You always tell me what to do
Not to fall in love with you
Why won't you let me make my mind up on my own?

So I called you yesterday
I left a message there to say
That I don't care how much it hurts me
Just you phone

Call collect
I don't care what I pay
Call collect
Please do it right away
Call collect
My lovin'

Please don't worry if I fall
'Cause I'll collect the tears and heartaches
If you call

So I know you play around (?)
But you're the only girl I found
That I would love to give my love to
All the same

Don't you worry 'bout my heart
It's my decision from the start
And if I end up sad, I've just myself to blame

So
Call collect
I don't care what I pay
Call collect
Please do it right away
Call collect
My lovin'

Please don't worry if I fall
'Cause I'll collect the tears and heartaches
If you call

Call collect
I don't care what I pay
Call collect
Please do it right away
Call collect
I don't care what I pay
Call collect
My lovin' every day
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 20-01-2015 00:40
Interesting. What I was having trouble with here was the "just you phone" line. It didn't sound right to me, it either sounded like that or something else. But I think you're right. It looks perfect, and I think the line you put a question mark by is fine, as well. Thanks!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 28-01-2015 11:36
Bump again. So you don't have to go back to the last page, the last song in the current batch is "Holler and Shout" by Elvin Bishop..
Joeyy
Joeyy | 06-02-2015 04:13
Not positive about some of this, but I think the gist of it's there.

Let me tell you 'bout the first time I met that woman of my dreams
My eyes popped out of my head, she was the sweetest thing I'd ever seen
And I hollered
Shouted
Yes, I did
Shouted out loud
Said baby
Woah, child
You turn me around

Let me tell you what I'm talkin' about
She just about knocked me out
Lookin' so good that I lost my cool
----

And I hollered
Shouted
Yes, I did
Shouted out loud
Said baby
Oh/Woah, child
You turn me 'round
(All the way around)

Let me tell you what I'm talkin' about
She just about knocked me out
Lookin' so good that I lost my cool
And I just had to say (?)

That I hollered
Shouted
Yes, I did
Shouted out loud
Said baby
Woah, child
You turn me 'round
(All the way around)

I don't know what it's worth, but that woman
(Shouted out loud)
Let me tell you that she moved me
And she grooved me
(All the way around)

Now
Every day
Every way
(Shouted out loud)
Talkin' about (?)
Talkin' about (?)
Holler and shout (?)
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 06-02-2015 13:28
Hmm.

I think the first --- line is "And I just had to shout" Same goes for the "And I just had to say" line. For the first line of the second chorus, I'm pretty sure it's "And I hollered" again. Finally, the "talkin' about"s sound more like "Talk about her".

I think this is good enough, thanks a bunch!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 06-02-2015 13:38
Time for the next batch.

Wild Cherry - Don't Go Near the Water
Giorgio Moroder - Too Hot to Handle
Harry Thumann - Sphinx (If you want to skip straight to the vocoded verses on this one, they're at 1:26, then the rest of the song is instrumental)

This batch is a strange one - the last two song's vocals are sung through a vocoder. Given that, I don't exactly have the highest hopes that you will be able to transcribe them 100%, but hey, you've surprised me in the past, so I want to see how you do on them either way. Good luck
Joeyy
Joeyy | 06-02-2015 17:11
For the first line of the second chorus, I'm pretty sure it's "And I hollered" again.

If the line above it is indeed "And I just had to say", then "That I..." would make much more sense than "And I..."
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 06-02-2015 19:29
Oh, I probably worded that badly. When I said "same goes for the 'And I just had to say' line", I meant that line was probably "And I just had to shout" as well.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 06-02-2015 19:57
Ah, understood.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-02-2015 01:43
Doing another one-week bump.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 14-02-2015 02:07
Wow, they're tough. I'm not sure I can provide anything new for any of them, sorry.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 14-02-2015 05:01
Could you at least try, perhaps? Any effort is appreciated.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 26-02-2015 01:53
Bumping yet again.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 06-03-2015 23:02
And again.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 07-03-2015 00:14
I'm trying... failing....

There should be some way to automatically do this with a computer? There are many voice systems out there (mine does not work, tried it) that can automatically get the words.... Maybe if you first use a program to get rid of the overlying music track and filter out words from the sound? I'm certain FL Studio and others are available that do that..

My two cents of advice. (trying other ways not giving up on you)
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 07-03-2015 00:15
Well hello, a newcomer to my transcription threads? Always thought it would just be Joeyy 'til the end of time.

And I don't have any programs like that, those must cost quite a bit.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 07-03-2015 00:30
Not a newcomer... Joey types way way faster than me! I was trying to help with other songs (see my thread on Adding a Song Album Trivia Banner ) where I found the "Liner Notes" for Strawberry Alarm Clock while trying to get a clearer version of the Sea Shell song for my voice machine to attempt to do that for you here.

There are many programs out there... read the reviews.. you get what you pay for. Of course no one expects you yourself to buy all the programs... What would be good if some others here who have the programs would share them with us---I think Jeff has a program on his iPad??? similar to FL Studio...... anyway... combining forces we can overcome the problems of figuring out the words if not getting them from the Musicians themselves (anyone ever try that??)
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 07-03-2015 00:35
You found liner notes for Strawberry Alarm Clock?! Wait - what do you mean by liner notes, exactly? If we're talking about lyrics booklets, then from my research, only their fourth album, Good Morning Starshine, has one. I haven't been able to find lyrics booklets for their other 3 albums.

But yes, I always try to tackle primary sources before I bring songs here. If the song doesn't have lyrics online, I check sources to see if the album the song is on has a lyrics booklet/sheet, and see if the artist has official lyrics on their site. If I'm unsuccessful with all of these things and I can't transcribe it myself, I'll bring a song here.

However, I'd imagine programs such as the one you'd mentioned could never be perfect. Especially for songs like the 2nd and 3rd one in my previously listed batch that have heavily-vocoded vocals, I doubt the program would be able to decipher those successfully. Same goes for other songs with effects-heavy vocals or simply fast-talking vocals.
PracticePractic
PracticePractic | 07-03-2015 00:45
I"m slow typer (see how long it takes to do this---some was voiced).

Fast talking of course can be difficult..... Solution? I already have done it... Just SLOOOOWWWWW down the speed! Voice machines can pick it up, its like you're talking slowly... (wait wait not THAT slow, you know slow enough to make out the words)...

Go check out the thread---follow the link.... and then search that link on Google to get others written by the same "guy" He seems to have some connection to the band/a book etc as he does actual QUOTES (see the difference?) So he must be copying information as he says he is off the "liner notes" that came with the album... At least that is what I'm led to believe..... and others on web have similar indexing....

Have fun doing Music Research!
tequizasunrise
tequizasunrise | 08-03-2015 22:50
the short vocoder song. barely make anything out. here's what I got - last two lines could not make out at all

rising up into the sky
reverend is getting high
crystal faint in light of faith
I look for faithful ways
Monument and majesty
Born from humanity
XXXXX for the phoenix fly
xxx cope and still alive
tequizasunrise
tequizasunrise | 08-03-2015 22:52
and here's an attempt at the Wild Cherry lol

I was playing like a xxxx in a local theater
Well I knew it had to happen to me sooner or later
There was a foxy little lady that sat down in the front row
I said honey get you with me when I finish the next show
Well seven month later that really got to me
She was down in my sympathies revelling through me
She said Flo let me tell ya baby I'll give ya good news
Start a makin' good lovin' which I got plenty of

She said don't go near the water if you can't swim the tide
She told me don't go near the water if you can't swim the tide

Well let me tell you I couldn't wait till the last song was over
I had sixty nine ways I was gonna go and show her
So I took her to the dressing room and really got to it
Everything I thought I'd show her - well she already knew it
When I looked at my watch it was time for me to go
I said honey got to stop or I'll be late for the next show
Said there ain't no way I've got to stop this good thing
If you gonna be a minute got to finish what you started

She told me now don't go near the water if you can't swim the tide

You got to start it baby

She told me now don't go near the water
Don't go near the water
Don't go near the water
Don't go near the water
Don't go near the water
Don't go near the water

MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 08-03-2015 23:00
rising up into the sky
reverend is getting high
crystal faint in light of faith
I look for faithful ways
Monument and majesty
Born from humanity
XXXXX for the phoenix fly
xxx cope and still alive

Yeah, I got completely different lyrics for the lines that you tried:

Rising up into the sky
Reverence is getting high
Crystal pane and light of face
I love a faithful race
Monumental majesty
Born from human energy

I dunno. I figured I'd give it a shot here but I honestly knew nobody would be able to get it. Thanks anyway. I'll look at the Wild Cherry song now.
convidado
convidado
SAIR SALVE salvando ...
Leia mais: