pt

quandary re: prolific songwriter

Seguir 1
Compartilhar
Adicionar tópico
Procurar
loribobori
loribobori | 14-11-2011 18:42
howdy - so i'm modding ben folds, ben folds five and the bens... this guy has put out a lot of music, but much of it overlaps between the two bands listed, and just him solo. so, here's my quandary... i'm thinking it would be best (on server space and on saving confusion) to list the artist for the songs that are attributed to him alone AND either or both of his bands as 'bandXX' WITH ben folds (possibly another WITH should both bands be associated with the song)...
is there any problem with me doing this? i mean, there are different versions of a lot of the songs out there, but is it necessary that the database be linked to every available version, or can one version per song suffice? (note that i'm not able to find all of the actual recorded live versions of many of his songs - the live versions available via youtube appear to many times be either homegrown videos -i think at least one was recorded via cell phone- or else borrowed from tv shows)
and (since i appear to be unable to quit typing), would it wreak havoc on the automated youtube search? i.e. would it only look for songs that include all listed artists, or is the search operator an OR?
5 comentários
loribobori
loribobori | 16-11-2011 17:06
-sigh-
Joeyy
Joeyy | 16-11-2011 19:17
I don't know, sorry. It might be better to PM Ray, the site's web master.
Datagutten
Datagutten | 29-11-2011 20:08
I got the same problem with Dirty Oppland.
Some of the members have released solo albums, and some have joined in another group.
It should be a way to list all the songs by one person independent of which group he released it with.
loribobori
loribobori | 29-11-2011 20:56
i sent a message to ray... i'll make sure to post here when i get a response.
loribobori
loribobori | 20-12-2011 18:31
guidance from ray (thanks ray!!!)

I think it's indeed best to list songs to the artist or band that initially performed the song and then link the song to the other band(s) using the "additional artists" option to make the song also appear there.

The YouTube search is not an "and" search, so it should still find the correct videos on YouTube.

convidado
convidado
SAIR SALVE salvando ...
Leia mais: