LetsSingIt no banco de dados de letras da internet
pt
Seguir 2
Compartilhar
Adicionar tópico
Procurar
Joeyy
Joeyy | 23-08-2010 23:16
So most of you probably haven't noticed yet, but the Htd1 account is gone from LSI. If you're wondering why, you'll find a clear explanation here.

If you don't wanna bother reading it all, here's the short version of the story:

Gabriel is not who he says he is. For the past years, he's been using Michael C's pictures. He's also made up a girl called Brianna Casella – who, in real life, is Mallory D Mike's girlfriend for the past two years as she said herself. Second part of the message

Mike and Mallory's photos have been uploaded by multiple people (their friends) in multiple albums under these names. All their friends in the photos are tagged. Notice that this is not like Gabe's, where only him and Brianna are usually tagged, and only they comment. There is also a video of Michael and Mallory together where you can hear the woman (supposedly Brianna) being called Mallory ("Mal").

So yes. Gabriel lied to us all for the past 8 years. Full explanation below.

Gabriel always claimed to be British, born in Manchester. And yet, you will find no record of his birth on findmypast.co.uk, while other british LSIers can easily be found. Not under his middle name, not under a different city, nothing.

Gabe is the only one who ever comments on Brianna's photos (bearing in mind that 'Brianna' appears to be a very outgoing woman); Gabe is the only one to be tagged in most of Brianna's photos; Brianna often seems to respond very quickly to things Gabe has said; and most of Brianna's profile is on private (despite the fact that she has no problem openly embarrassing herself on Gabe's profile). Surely no woman would degrade and humiliate herself the way Brianna does.

More recently, he would not meet Kara, although he loved her and was feeling suicidal because of her. They were only 2 hours away, why wouldn't they meet? Or speak on the phone? Gabriel would only leave her voicemails with a funny british accent. Also, he wouldn't give her his address, nor allow her to drive to his city.

And, oddly enough, health issues would always get in the way of them meeting. Although Kara called the hospitals, and no Gabriel Matthews was ever checked in. Even though he said he was.

If you looked at his friends lists on Facebook (it has since been deleted) you may have noticed that they are mostly members from LSI. Out of 84 friends, 70 something are LSI members.

Like 'Brianna', Gabe appears from his photos to be an outgoing person, right? His hockey; his partying (mostly in the past due to his apparent sickness, but he did mention going out recently); his friends from the photographs he has. Why aren't these people on his Facebook? It's curious that he had supposedly lived in Manchester (or even the UK) for years, but had no one on his Facebook who he went to school with here or hung out with here (the only British people there are ones from LSI). Gabe calls Brianna "just an old fuck buddy", but his pictures imply otherwise. Not only do they show the two at parties together, but they show them at what looks like either holidays or family gatherings; at events such as the sorority ones... and Gabe had said he had spent a Christmas with Brianna. Still, we thought maybe they were simply closer friends than he has tried to imply.

In one of those Brianna pictures, she was wearing a sorority t-shirt. Chi Omega to be more precise. Using different Penn State and sorority websites, no record can be found of a Brianna Casella at a Penn State sorority. Also no available records for inline hockey online, other than statistics and main players (no Gabriel Matthews there). Nor a roster of both the US team and the British team, as Gabe has apparently claimed to play for both.

Eventually, through the PSU sorority websites, Mike and Mallory were found.

Mike's PSU Page

Photos of Mallory by Others

More

Video of Mike, notice you can't tell if he knows he's being filmed

Video on CollegeHumor uploaded by Mike

Clip of Mallory's birthday – listen to them call her Mal

____

This was a collaborative effort between myself, Caleb, Bruna. Kara and Carole have been informed.
26 até 50 de 1,025 comentários
página 2 de 41
JuiceBoxJoe
JuiceBoxJoe | 24-08-2010 02:54
I wonder who else he impersonated on here. Keeta?
El_Mono_Loco
El_Mono_Loco | 24-08-2010 03:04
After getting Carole's fb msg I had to come back here and comment. I used to post regularly in '02, so I remember 'Gabe' from day 1. I know this kind of thing exists, though I never paid close enough attention, I figured he HAD met people here in real life. How the hell do you keep up such a charade for so long... crazy... Just makes me glad that the people from here I did meet in real life turned out to actually be who they said they were.
NightHobbit
NightHobbit | 24-08-2010 03:07
yea i thought Carole had met him or something because they had a complicated relationship so i never questioned it.
Lyrics_Lover_11
Lyrics_Lover_11 | 24-08-2010 03:08
...That is simply terrible.
NightHobbit
NightHobbit | 24-08-2010 03:34
joe why would you say it's keeta?
JuiceBoxJoe
JuiceBoxJoe | 24-08-2010 03:43
idk, ive always suspected keeta of being fake, same with ludman.
I dunno just an all out day to not trust anyone on here.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 24-08-2010 03:46
You know what creeps me out a bit? The thought that, even though his account is gone, he could still be at his computer reading this.

Probably just my "psychology driven" mind, but I really wonder what he's thinking; feeling. This is something he appears to have devoted a large chunk of his life to, and for so many years.
JuiceBoxJoe
JuiceBoxJoe | 24-08-2010 03:51
Im sure hes reading this, hes sunk way too much time and effort into it, to not watch his masterpiece blow up.
Its unfortunate this person, whoever he may be was so careless with other peoples feelings, friendships.
Never for a moment did I suspect it would be him to be the fake one.
NightHobbit
NightHobbit | 24-08-2010 03:57
i think he will be and if you are you better tell us the truth or give us something substantial. i bet he is reading this. i want to know what or who he is. this is just so creepy and unsettling.
Schatzi
Schatzi | 24-08-2010 05:51
I just don't know what to say other than wtf mate.
nanki_c
nanki_c | 24-08-2010 07:22
Wow. I wasn't close to gabe like a lot of people, but seriously wtf. When it's someone who spends half their life on here, it's just like.. inexplicable.
Dagor
Dagor | 24-08-2010 09:15
OMFG!
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 24-08-2010 09:35
8 freaking years, mate.

to be honest, i never gave it a second thought until kara mentioned that he wouldn't meet her. in my mind, it was always all too impossible, even if a few things felt out of place. i always thought that carole must've seen him on webcam, or if he got such a nice person like her to trust him, that he had to be ok.

this is really effed up though. i feel terrible for the people who were close to him. and i also feel sorry for him, for that he must be a very sad person to keep a lie going for this long.
NightHobbit
NightHobbit | 24-08-2010 10:17
I'm just shocked that he never managed to slip up or think "this is getting ridiculous now!"
Schatzi
Schatzi | 24-08-2010 10:19
For some reason I had really thought he had already met Kara before. Also I remember there was this picture of him ages ago when I first joined the forum then I didn't see anymore until he added me on fb I think & I thought he looked completely different. I didn't think much of it as we weren't close & I hadn't seen one of him in years. So weird though. i can't believe he did this for this long.
NightHobbit
NightHobbit | 24-08-2010 10:23
I thought he'd already met Carole before because they were close. Eh I guess we'll never know who this prick really is.
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 24-08-2010 10:36
no, no one's met him. he wouldn't even talk on the phone with either of them.

i guess everyone on the forum every now and then stumbled upon some inconsistency and shrug it off because it "couldn't be".
Barakine
Barakine | 24-08-2010 10:57
Dude.
Dekar
Dekar | 24-08-2010 10:58
Yeah, all the avoidance to phone calls, and video chats, meeting people who were right nearby, and sticking to his minimal of texts...you'd think this would have been given more serious consideration a long time ago. I won't say the reason I'm thinking of, but it's a sad state of affairs that this happened and for so long.
Schatzi
Schatzi | 24-08-2010 11:07
I was never really close with him so I just didn't pay enough attention to him to really get suspicious.

Completely offtopic why is mono matt banned for 50 days? that can't possibly be from old cards right? Since he hasn't posted regularly in years.
Dagor
Dagor | 24-08-2010 11:07
It's easy to say afterwards .. I always had a suspicion that there was something dodgy about him, but I would never have thought that the pix weren't real. I haven't commented about his many 'illnesses' anymore and quite frankly, never felt any sympathy or compassion anymore.
The stories were not impossible, but became improbable after a while.
And this is actually the sad part. I notice that being in the internet a lot has made me a lot more insensitive, because there are a lot of phoney ppl out there, and I don't want to get my feelings betrayed. There are problems enough in the world that deserve my sympathy, I don't want to waste that on fake problems. Whereas I never needed any shields in the past, I became more shielded over the years and that is actually a sad thing.
I am not going to elaborate about this, but someone who is very close to me has let's say a very vivid imagination and repeatedly induces feelings based on fake facts. The only prob is that you never know if facts are real or not, and you only find out much later that they are not. It's a dilemma that is very hard to deal with. I don't know how you can protect yourself from this on the internet. In real life you have much more 'control' and you can identify fake more easily. I have often been thinking about it, if it wouldn't be better to drop internet contacts at all. Mind you, I am 48 with a lot of life experience. I wonder how your random teen is dealing with this. Maybe a whole new generation is coming that integrates fake into their lives and accepts this as something being normal behaviour.

I keep thinking if and how much damage this did to Carole.

That is, if this all isn't a bad joke and Joey and Gabe are the same person
Dagor
Dagor | 24-08-2010 11:11
oh, and on a side note .. if you can fake an identity for 8 years, you can fake a moon landing as well Which proves my point that man never has set foot on the moon
JDolla
JDolla | 24-08-2010 11:26
apples and oranges daniel
Dagor
Dagor | 24-08-2010 11:28
some principles are universal

In case of the moon landing, there was even an interest to fake that .. it made the US look a lot better. Actually, I don't see much difference. If 'Gabe' had taken pics from a three-headed dwarf, it would have been something else. But he took pics from a good-looking guy, making himself look better
Pandora
Pandora | 24-08-2010 11:30
Well I got the message that Carole sent out on facebook and decided to come here as well... it is a shock, but like many have said he always did seem a bit dodgy and he always had constant drama in his life. Thats one of the reasons why I never went with having any sort of relationship outside of the forum with him.

I'm not extremely bothered by it, I had already deleted him from my facebook and such because he was just making comments to piss of Jeremy.. but I do hate that there were people (esp Carole) that are really puzzled by this.. lucky for her I think the worst of it has already happened.

I duno who he is.. and I guess I don't really care.. life goes on. =)

rockon
tabitha
convidado
convidado
SAIR SALVE salvando ...
Leia mais: