LetsSingIt no banco de dados de letras da internet
pt
Seguir 1
Compartilhar
Adicionar tópico
Procurar
JaiRop
JaiRop | 24-01-2010 22:53
Hi... Well, the problem is that I've got no space in C: to install any more programs and haven't found a way to expand its space so I decided to reinstall windows and re-distribute space in C: and D: but here's the other thing:

I've got no original CD, so my question is that if I could download the same version I have installed and use the "Id of the product" as the activation code or if it is a different code and it's on the back of the original cd?

Or maybe you could help me out expanding the space con C: disk.

Thank you,
JaiRop

PD: I tried Gparted and the default administer of disks.
19 comentários
Krade
Krade | 24-01-2010 23:17
windows XP? and what's your HDD capacity to begin with?

anyway, an OS reinstall just for space should be your last resort, really. as you're likely to be in the same situation eventually with the new install, if you never knew what was hogging your space the first time around. as a rule of thumb try clearing out temporary internet files

and yes, you can download the windows version, if I'm not wrong any version would work, and use your product key. the same key you are using right now
TheMellowRiot
TheMellowRiot | 24-01-2010 23:30
I've done that, it works
JaiRop
JaiRop | 24-01-2010 23:35
Windows Vista - 160 GB HDD
AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 1.9 Ghz
4GB DDR2

Yeah Well... I've got only 130 Mb in C: (total 30 Gb) and in D: disk there's 76 GB (120 Gb)

The Id. number is (5 numbers) - OEM - (7 numbers) - (5 numbers)
And it is below "windows is activated"
Is that one?? (just for being completely sure )

If you know any other way to expand C:, please tell me.... I really don't wanna reinstall and lose all that data 'cause I don't have acer cds either!
Krade
Krade | 24-01-2010 23:48
nah. it should be 5-5-5-5-5, or xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

I never had vista installed so I don't know how to manually find the key in it, but here are a few softwares that can help you do that

160gb. I initially thought that you weren't sure what was taking so much space to begin with
Krade
Krade | 24-01-2010 23:48
JaiRop
JaiRop | 25-01-2010 00:02
so.... the serial number would be that 2W7FD-#####-#####-#####-#####, right?
JaiRop
JaiRop | 25-01-2010 00:03
don't you know another way of expanding volume C Just for not re-installing windows
JuiceBoxJoe
JuiceBoxJoe | 25-01-2010 00:05
yeah thats your key

76 gigs should be more than enough for your needs
Krade
Krade | 25-01-2010 00:05
yup, that's right

I'm not understanding what problem is there in installing your softwares in drive D though. have you considered that option?
JuiceBoxJoe
JuiceBoxJoe | 25-01-2010 00:09
you can expand volume c, but in windows vista im really not sure the process, in win xp, you used to be able to change the partition size using the disk management console through computer management.

You can always drag and drop files from c to d though
TheMellowRiot
TheMellowRiot | 25-01-2010 00:11
first of all delete all temp files
JaiRop
JaiRop | 25-01-2010 00:12
Yes, new programs are in D:, actually.

But windows update does not ask where to install updates, it just does on C:
In "change settings" (or something like that "Cambiar configuración") I can't browse for a different directory to put them
JaiRop
JaiRop | 25-01-2010 00:13
I've used "liberador de espacio" (delete temp files, can files and so on) like two times. I compressed the files in C: and uninstalled some things, too.

I'm running out of space
Krade
Krade | 25-01-2010 00:19
uninstall programs, which are bulky in size, from C and reinstall in D? I wouldn't really advise moving the program folders. or like joe said if you have independant files, simply move them across
JuiceBoxJoe
JuiceBoxJoe | 25-01-2010 00:26
windows update downloads files to the drive where windows was installed, which in this case sounds like C:

best advice I can give you is to uninstall as many programs as you can on C and put them on D, and leave C to just having windows and its updates. A bonus of this is to increase your paging file, which will make windows run smoother
Krade
Krade | 25-01-2010 00:34
4gb ddr2 ram he could disable paging file completely and barely notice a difference
JuiceBoxJoe
JuiceBoxJoe | 25-01-2010 00:37
lol true, but vista eats ram, especially with the user access control running
Datagutten
Datagutten | 25-03-2011 17:06
Expanding a partition is easy. But you need to have free space that can be used to expand. To do you need to move or delete the D: partition. Earlier you could use PartitionMagic to move partitions, but it dont work on vista and win7.
You can try to look for other partition managers who can move partitions, I have not tried anyone, but I can't imagine that there is no program available that can do that.
Lelah38
Lelah38 | 17-10-2011 11:37
Pretty sure that trick is just to reset the 30 day counter anyway, not a long term solution. I can't link you to cracks on Sythe because it's against the rules, but I will tell you that Google is your friend.

Avoid YouTube videos, generally they are all viruses. Torrents are probably your best bet. Windows crackers are referred to as 'loaders', which should help with your search. Look for a trusted user that has uploaded the torrent.

Good luck.
convidado
convidado
SAIR SALVE salvando ...
Leia mais: