LetsSingIt no banco de dados de letras da internet
pt
Seguir 0
Compartilhar
Adicionar tópico
Procurar
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 27-12-2009 11:08
I realize not many people here follow sports, especially American ones.. but I wanted to know some opinions on LeBron James.. If you don't know who he is, this is where you hit the back button and leave the thread immediately.

I think he is the greatest athlete of all-time, by far. I think he is the greatest basketball player in the NBA and, with time, will be the greates tof all-time. Yes, even better than Jordan.

This world has never seen a speed/size combo like King James.. and I think he's such a rarity too because he's such a likable superstar too. Whereas I don't think Kobe is quite as likable.

19 comentários
Execujetv12
Execujetv12 | 27-12-2009 20:05
Well, I definitely follow sports (I even participate in a few myself). Anyways, to get to the point, as far as Mr James goes, for once I will agree with you, I think he is a very outstanding basketball player. At the moment (he is a very young player at 24) he has done a great and if he keeps it up he can overcome players like Garnett, Kobe and (Jordan?). Jordan is a tough one. One thing the kid needs to do, however, is either improve his team or look for a new team. Last year it appear that his team (Cavaliers?) were holding him back while he was doing most of the work scoring over 30 points for most of the games at the finals. That does, however, show his great personality, like you mentioned, as he is very committed and unselfish towards his team.
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 27-12-2009 20:15
I think he's already surpassed Garnett.. After he retires I think the "greatest player ever" conversation will be limited to Kobe, LeBron, and Jordan.. Some people will always consider Jordan the greatest ever, regardless of what LeBron accomplishes.

This summer is going to be awesome for the NBA. It'll be, by far, the greatest free agent class of all-time and the power balance could really really shift depending on who signs who. LeBron will be a free agent, and in my opinion the only two players in the LeBron sweepstakes is the Cavs and Knicks..

I think the Cavs have put together a good team around LeBron. Their point guard is a legit all-star and they have a ton of good role players to compliment LeBron.. He is going to score 30 in almost every big game regardless of who is around him.. but his unselfishness and willingness to pass the ball is what really sets him apart. Incredible court vision and skill in every facet of the game. He really is the perfect player that you would dream of building if you had the option.
Execujetv12
Execujetv12 | 27-12-2009 20:46
I personally do not like Kobe. I would rank him within the top 10 but not the top 5. His personality off the court is not my favorite. Kobe being the "greatest player ever" I highly doubt that. But then I do not live in the US so I base my opinion on what I see on the media at my home country and the few places I travel to. James is more praised here by the sports critics than Kobe.
Execujetv12
Execujetv12 | 27-12-2009 20:49
Many suggesting that James should switch to a more talented team and others suggesting that he should stay loyal to the Cavaliers and have his officials build a team around him. I rarely watch basketball so what do I know? lol
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 28-12-2009 05:28
This off-season there is less than a handful of teams that could even afford LeBron.. and none of them are better than the Cavs.. but you have to wonder if the New York spotlight will attract LeBron to the Knicks.

If I were him, I'd go to New York. They have the most money to throw at him and he could influence them to sign another top tier free agent like a Chris Bosh or something. And I would much rather be in New York than shitty Cleveland. Loyalty and sports don't go together.. It is a business and a lot of fans forget/don't realize that.

No matter who LeBron goes to, they are going to be a contender immediately, no matter who else they have... He can pretty much demand anything he wants from a team this off-season. I don't think any player has ever been in control of a situation more than LeBron is right now
JDolla
JDolla | 28-12-2009 14:49
if he goes to the knicks, then the lebron james - braylon edwards feud can continue haha.
fishmunky
fishmunky | 31-12-2009 05:40
he'll go to miami with Wade and Bosh and begin the ultra dynasty that the heat will never relinguish

i mean probabkly not but it could be fun to see no?

im just bitter cause the raptor's will never have premier talent, carter and bosh are as close as they come in this town and both of them are middle of the pack in the grand scheme of things
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 31-12-2009 10:29
lol jeremy i didnt evne think of that

anth, that'd be awesome if that happened.

im hoping another big name joins LeBron in somewhere like New York.. Tonight was King James birthday (25th i think).. He went off for like 48 points against a really good Hawks team.

I was watching a game from LeBron's rookie year on ESPN Classic.. Guy has always been a freak athlete and can make plays no other NBA players could dream of.. but the guys work ethic is off the charts. You can tell it just by watching him year by year. His dedication to his jump shot and 3 point shot really shows.

Anth I think the Raptors are going to be a great team from here on out. They've won 5 in a row and i think it took them awhile to really gel with new additions (Turkoglu). They're a tough matchup in the playoffs with Bosh, Bargnani, and Turkoglu.. Two 7-footers who shoot 3s and one of the premier post men in the game. And Calderon is a really underrated point guard. One of the best assist-turnover ratios and one of the best foul shot shooters in the game. I can see them upsetting someone in the playoffs. If they could only play defense...
fishmunky
fishmunky | 31-12-2009 14:08
thats just it though, it's actually the problem for every pro sports team in this city with the possible exception of the Jays, just a complete lck of defensive discipline. and the Raps have no excuse for being so bad at grabbing defensive boards

i do agree that Calderon is one of the best PGs in the game that no one is aware of, when healthy, he is a force on the court, and makes life miserable for teams in their end of the court.

the major issue is the window is closing, i truly do believe that Bosh will probably leave after this season, Toronto is a pressure cooker city for sports, some guys can thrive (Halladay, Sundin) most falter (any other player to play in this city ever) and i don't know if Bosh is comfortable being "the guy" which is why i can see him signing for less money with a team with an already established go to player
PunkRckr8
PunkRckr8 | 31-12-2009 14:45
but the guys work ethic is off the charts. You can tell it just by watching him year by year. His dedication to his jump shot and 3 point shot really shows.

That actually wasn't all that true until recently. No doubt Lebron worked hard to get to where he was early on, but he said himself it wasn't until he was with Kobe for the Olympics and saw how much Kobe not only worked on his shots, but also physically worked out, that he realized what he needed to do.

Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 31-12-2009 14:54
Meh, Kobe and LeBron are always quick to praise and compliment each other on just about everything.. Just LBJ being humble. Probably true to some extent

It's always a tricky game to play when you have untraditional big men who live on the perimeter.. Puts a lot of pressure on Bosh to grab the tough boards.. but also gives tough matchups for opponents.. It's why the Magic were so successful last year. Turkoglu and Rashard Lewis would drain 3s at 6 foot 11... I think Bargani is a future all-star. #1 overall pick so he's got talent.. and he's starting to adjust to American bball style. I still dont think they've learned to really utilize Turkoglu though.. Hopefully they can all come together and gel by the end of the year...because I agree, Bosh is most likely walking after his contract is up. He is relied on to do so much every night and nobody gets to see him play.

Really though the NBA is a guards league now and I don't think the Raptors have the scoring from their guards to match up... shooting guard is still a big weakness in my opinion for them.. I like rooting for Toronto though and i usually bet on them.
fishmunky
fishmunky | 31-12-2009 15:03
Its not hard to see how much LBJ's game improves year to year, im sure playing with Kobe in 2008 did help him find a new gear for his work ethic, but im not so sure he wouldn't have found it anyway, the guy's a freak, teach him to skate and he'll probably be a premier D man in the NHL

I root for the Raps, cause on Paper they should be able to win, Turkoglu was really quite the coup for this team, i was really excited when they brought him on board, as he represented an x factr this team needs

and i like Bargniani, i really do, but part of me honestly believes he was picked based on potential and sort for political reasons, toronto is a massive multi cultural city, it honestly gets a lot of love that way, and there's a huge Italian population in the city, im sure it did a lot to attract numbers from that community to see a hometown boy suit up for the team

im just saying, the Raptors could have taken Roy, or Gay, or Aldridge there was a lot of talent in that draft year, and with the raptors trouble with the guard position you'd think they'd rather take one from there

i want to know who will get its team to the finals first, Colangelo and the Raptors (2 year head start) or Burke and the Leafs
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 31-12-2009 15:16
Never thought of the political side to the drafting of Bargnani.. Seems plausible though. Because I've never understood why teams continually draft European guys high in the draft over American players... American guys know the style way better and their game is more adjusted and suited for the NBA. They know more of what the NBA is like than the Europeans... and how many good Europeans are there in the league? The only foreign guy that jumps to mind is Nowitzki, who is a stud...but there are so many busts and they always take longer to develop (that is if they evne do develop)

The thing I like most about the NBA is that the best team usually always wins it all... In the NFL playoffs, you got one game to win or lose.. a hot team entering the playoffs is just as dangerous as a 15-1 team.. and in the MLB, your whole starting rotation doesn't even pitch.. and all it takes is one ground ball through the legs or one mistake and a lesser team can easily upset someone.. In the NBA, the playoffs are so long and drawn out and every team has every opportunity to get the job done
fishmunky
fishmunky | 31-12-2009 15:35
Its truly where the NFL i think drops the ball

a one game playoff usually means that it is indeed more exciting, winner takes all kind of thing

but a best of seven series i think truly captures which is the best team, the ducks last year are a prime example, snuck into the playoffs as the 8th seed, best the top ranked sharks, and took the stanley cup runner up detroit red wings to 7 games

you truly understand how dangerous every team can be in a 7 game series, which isnt always the case in a one game playoff
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 13-02-2010 02:09
Has the MVP on lockdown already... i think he's gonna win at least 6 or 7
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 29-07-2010 02:35
So now everyone hates LeBron for leaving Cleveland for South Beach Miami... or maybe they hate how he did it. Personally I am glad he left as a fan, and also for his own sake. Cleveland didn't show the ability to put a championship team around him at all.
fishmunky
fishmunky | 29-07-2010 03:22
It's way closer to the fact they hate the way he did it.

he took a hour long ego dump on what his legacy had the potential to be

he'll likely win a title in miami but it was pretty crappy not to let the cavs no before hand that were gonna be lottery picking for the next decade
PunkRckr8
PunkRckr8 | 30-07-2010 15:53
as a Clevelander its definitely the way he left, not the fact that he did leave that breeds the hate

Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 01-08-2010 03:45
I mean I kinda get it... but it just seems like Cleveland just got dumped and is the pissed off/angry ex right now who is balling around like a 4 year old... and LeBron went off and found somebody more attractive and way better. I guess that;s the way it goes sometimes but i wonder how long it'll last.

No doubt Cleveland fans are going to be morons and boo him when he plays in Cleveland. Luckily they wont have to worry about seeing him in the playoffs Vs them. Maybe the guy coulda told Cleveland execs before "The Decision," but all in all i think LeBron's image took a gigantic, unwarranted hit.

I'm not gonna knock him for "The Decision" on ESPN like anyone else. This is the one guy in sports who really is larger than life. And he, more than anyone, realizes that. It's the biggest player in the NBA making the biggest NBA free agency announcement EVER. So for ESPN to let him have his one hour show was actually reasonable to me. I'm sure ratings were disgustingly high as well.

I've never thought LeBron was an asshole and still don't. i thought he was really honest and straight forward with the Cavaliers fans about his choice. and I'm sure part of him wanted to publicly shout "Damnit I might've stayed if our management didn't blow and put two tons of pressure on my shoulders every single game."

LeBron is gonna get booed when he goes to Cleveland. A lot. And it's a shame... Cavs fans are gonna look at LeBron and judge him and think he's an asshole. They should really be looking at themselves, they're the ones being the selfish assholes here.
convidado
convidado
SAIR SALVE salvando ...
Leia mais: