Seguir 3
Compartilhar
Adicionar tópico
Procurar
carole
carole | 06-04-2008 22:27
* offtopic :
i made a new thread cuz we totally hijacked julisa's thread about postcards

"Something i saw on youtube made me think that we lsi pple should write a big community postcard. like, someone writes a few words on a postcard, then they send it to a person from lsi they have the address of, then the person writes something on the postcard, then sends it to someone else and so on.. and in the end the card comes back to me (of course), i scan it and everyone can see the wonderful card that went all around the world, with everyones lil handwritten note on it. i like that idea"

other forummers liked that idea too apparently, namely :

bruna (indiechick)
daniel (Dagor)
james (TheAnnoyance)
jeremy (JDolla)
julisa (Juliet86)
kaitlin (Deadly_Rose)
karla (ice_white_tiger)
lina (Barakine)
maiken (Maycen)
nanki (nanki_c)

^^ all expressed that they want in (if im not mistaken).
other pple talked about it (like tim, aka PunkRckr8...) but im not sure they want in.

i read all your suggestions and they're all great, i just think we need more pple to join in.. like, sierra, tara, phil, anthony, sarah, heather,...

Updated and FINAL list

Carole proposed to close the list because otherwise it might not be finished before some of us can't even type anymore because of old age

anthony (fishmunky)
bruna (indiechick)
daniel (Dagor)
dave (MisterEman)
heather (Schatzi)
james (TheAnnoyance)
jen (zjenn4)
jeremy (JDolla)
julisa (Juliet86)
kaitlin (Deadly_Rose)
karla (ice_white_tiger)
lina (Barakine)
maiken (Maycen)
michael (missulikecrazy)
nanki (nanki_c)
sarah (Cheater138)
tara and mikey (batmanpinkypunk and mikey_boy)
tim (PunkRckr8)
matt (Dekar)

Dates Received

04/07 Carole
04/14 Jeremy
05/04 Daniel
05/09 Lisa
05/13 Bruna
05/23 Jen
06/11 Lina
06/21 Maiken
07/15 Tara and Mikey
08/08 Anthony
10/14 Sarah
10/30 Karla
12/03 James
12/11 Nanki
"around the holidays" Heather
03/16 Matt (happy birthday, indeed)

i am not opposed to the idea of being the person who has all the addresses. but i think we should preserve the surprise effect.

so heres what im gonna do, im gonna PM a few pple to make sure they're aware that this card thing is happening. and i'll ask a few pple for their addresses. then i'll start the card and send it to someone.
important point : i will not give anyones address to anyone else without making sure the first person agrees on that. thats gonna kill the surprise effect a lil but oh well.

i hope all that makes sense.

to whoever receives the postcard :

situation 1 : u received it but u have no one to send it too. =( aw. PM me, i'll give u someone's address to send it to.
situation 2 : u received it and u have someone to send it too : please make sure the person is aware what this card thing is. either cuz they posted here, or cuz uve talked to them about it.
situation 3 : u havent received the card, but u might get it soon cuz u're definitely on the list. just be patient.
situation 4 : u havent received the card, and u know u wont ever get it. u suck, dont worry, it happens.
situation 5 : u look fabulous today. no really. hot and sexy all over.
situation 6 : u received the card, but your dog ate it. u suck, big time. we all hate u and your dog too.

all in all : have fun =)

UPDATE

The card is finished! It's been around the world and back again. Click here to see it.
1 até 25 de 547 comentários
página 1 de 22
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 06-04-2008 22:46
Good idea, it's better with an official thread than using mine, that's just confusing

Yes, we should get more people, make sure everyone who wants in is aware

I was thinking about that, about the "carole-hat" idea, that what if someone I don't know and trust get the card and then they get my address from Carole? Since we probably have different ideas of who are "regulars"
If Carole asks me "hey, can ____ get your address?" then I know that person is probably sending it to me, and the surprise is gone.

Although, if we have a list of everyone who's in, that everyone can see (like above) I'll see if there's someone I don't want having my adress, and then I can let Carole know that

Sorry if I don't make sense right now, I'm very tired and my brain is mush
carole
carole | 06-04-2008 22:47
that makes sense and thats basically what im goin for...
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 06-04-2008 22:50
Ok, great
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 06-04-2008 22:50
i'm in! except i'm going to be moving on june, and again in the end of july. it'll be good if you could PM me before the post card is being sent just to confirm my address.
carole
carole | 06-04-2008 22:54
i hope pple wont take days and days to send a card. i mean it takes one second to write "hey this is carole, im french, fromage, paris, champagne, sex" and then stick a stamp there and send it.
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 06-04-2008 22:56
..don't forget the frog legs too!
JDolla
JDolla | 06-04-2008 22:58
looking both at the list of people on the definate list and the others that i agree should get in on this, there isnt one person that i'd not trust with my address. namely because you all live so far from me

anyway, as i've stated before i'm all in on this one. i love the idea and trust you guys enough to feel comefortable with it.

* offtopic :
situation 5 is my everyday situation
carole
carole | 06-04-2008 22:59
yea and snails.
i just sent PMs to a few regulars.
im excited
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 06-04-2008 23:00
I'm definitely in.

So we were wating to confirm everyone whos in for now?

I dont really get how its going to be decided who gets what address yet lol.
carole
carole | 06-04-2008 23:01
* offtopic :
i totally wrote situation 5 just for u jeremy
carole
carole | 06-04-2008 23:08
"I dont really get how its going to be decided who gets what address yet lol"

well if no one on here has your address yet, send it to me thru PM. that goes for all the pple on the list too. cuz yea, pple cannot just magically guess your address.
then read the situation page thing.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 06-04-2008 23:09
i hope pple wont take days and days to send a card

Knowing me...
No, I wouldn't dare be slow
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 06-04-2008 23:11
Just dont give my address to anyone i'm likely to piss off in the future.
Because then i wouldnt be comfortble knowing they know my address. =p
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 06-04-2008 23:12
okay, address PM'd!
ice_white_tiger
ice_white_tiger | 06-04-2008 23:13
cuz yea, pple cannot just magically guess your address.

... That would be so totally scary if they could ...
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 06-04-2008 23:14
Just dont give my address to anyone i'm likely to piss off in the future.

Have you tried...not pissing people of?

Carole you still have my adress? It's the same one still
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 06-04-2008 23:14
no kidding! *hides under the bed*
ice_white_tiger
ice_white_tiger | 06-04-2008 23:20
I've just PMed you carole, don't give me to anyone creepy!

*looks around*

... Aw, sh*t ...
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 06-04-2008 23:20
My address PM'd too.

Have you tried...not pissing people of?

Yeah i have. It just seems to be something that comes natually to me.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 06-04-2008 23:22
It just seems to be something that comes natually to me.

No kidding
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 06-04-2008 23:27
lol.

maybe a mod should edit in at the end of the opening post for now, anyone who wants to join in, send your address to carole, or something like that, so she can collect at many willing addresses as possible.
carole
carole | 06-04-2008 23:29
yea julisa i do have your address already

and i store all your addresses pple, and like i said, i wont give them out to everyone so dont worry
JDolla
JDolla | 06-04-2008 23:31
i'll pm you my current one, but that may change depending on whether i get into the college or how long it takes for it to get to me
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 06-04-2008 23:31
I'm in too, i just sent you my address carole.
carole
carole | 06-04-2008 23:41
for some reason, pple here seem to think we're all gonna magically guess what their last names are.
i know, for sure, that if someone sends me a card with just Carole and then my address on it, then it will never get to me. just ask Gabriel. he and i are currently grieving on something he sent me, that is lost forever.
so yea pple, please put your real last names there too.
convidado
convidado
SAIR SALVE salvando ...
Leia mais: