Rise
Rise | 24-03-2007 13:54
Any takers?
26 até 35 de 35 comentários
página 2 de 2
original_sin
original_sin | 25-03-2007 11:02
yes...well
Which country has won the last 2 cricket world cups??
Australia...hopefully there is a 3rd in this world cup
which 2 countries play 4 the ashes??
Australia n England
Which country held the ashes 4 what, about 16 years in a row??
Australia
Which country FINALLY won an ashes series with some close games but TOTALLY overreacted when they won the ashes back??
England
Which team looked down and out at the recent Ashes series in Adelaide but had an AMAZING fightback 2 win??
Australia
Which team won the recent ashes series 5-0??
umm...wait i know this one..AUSTRALIA!!!

CLEARLY england arent as good as they may think...
Australia are currently 2nd best ODI JUST behind South africa..well last time i heard anyway!

where are england ranked......yea...who knows these days??

u guys INVENTED this game!!!

oh another thing!
who was the 1st country 2 beat england on their home soil???
i do believe it was AUSTRALIA!
come on!!!

oh and btw all that ^^^^ was just cricket!
fishmunky
fishmunky | 25-03-2007 14:37
fushmunky; I fear you've missed my point. Im not on about the propogation of sports to other countires; Im well aware basketball and basebell are spreading. But there is no international standard competition for them yet. Yeh, France Brazil, Italy and the Argies have had more recent success in one discipline - football - but wheres the success in other sports. The Argies beat a very poor England team at Rugby a while back for the first time ever in a friendley and called a national holiday to celebrate.

I disagree on there not being international standards for those games.

Basketball has been part of the olympic games for at least 20 years

Baseball has begun setting up international tournaments

American football has a european league

As an englishman you dont care about these sports nor do you see fit to find an international standard for the game as its your country has no proven track record in that game

and hey you were the one that said England is always mentioned as favourites for football, which is far and away the most popular game on the planet, im just pointing out England's futility on an international stage in that game

your argument that France, Italy, Argentina ect dont have success in other sports is easily thrown back at you, where's England's success in hockey a game which has had a long tradition of international play? how about Volleyball which Brazil and Argentina always fair quite well in during the olympics? and you've already said that england has no standard for the "unestablished" games

the fact is on this side of the atlantic, no one really plays Cricket or Rugby, therefore your dominance in that particular aspect of sport means nothing to me...in the same way a bush league team from england could probably handle Canada's national rugby or cricket team, i'd bet a team of semi pro ECHLers from Canada would dominate the English national hockey team
BynnaD
BynnaD | 27-03-2007 19:07
PS. England are crap at all the sports we invented, play in or even play some part it. I didnt say that and if I did, lighten up take a joke
carole
carole | 27-03-2007 20:57
men arguing on sports.. thexay
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 27-03-2007 21:09

The US's problem is that its too scared to come out and play with the neighbours. Or more precisely, when it does, it gets beaten every time. So it just makes up its own sports to play by itself and make itself feel good that, atleast, is was the best at those. Even if noone else was interested or cared about what it was doing

Honestly, America is perfectly content with dominating in basketball and baseball. The bes tof both sports is clearly played here, and nobody complains. I seriously don't think many people relaly give a shit about soccer, rugby, cricket, etc. It's always people from England and such saying how we suck at their sports, but we just don't care.
Chrisrocks53
Chrisrocks53 | 28-03-2007 00:05
to be the best sporting nation, you need to be the best at least one sport or more.

And well you fail to deliever in most sports, perenial underdogs you are.

Australia can say we are a great sporting nation due to a number factors:

1. we are number 1 in alot of sports or very competitive.

2. If were not that great, we always give a top effort (not give up, never seen an Aussie give up)

if they arent the qualitys of a great sporting nation, then i'd like to be proved wrong.
DarXide
DarXide | 28-03-2007 00:09
yeah Australia are one of the great sporting nations >_>
BynnaD
BynnaD | 28-03-2007 16:43
They actually a contender.. cricket & rugby. Maybe not the number #1, but they will give any team a run for their money
Arual_92
Arual_92 | 29-03-2008 23:10
i dont rly think so. yes theyre gd at rugby and footie bt tht doesnt neccesarily make them th best sporting nation in the world, ther r mor sports in this world that England myt not b best at
xballaholicx
xballaholicx | 24-07-2008 22:51
wtf/e!!!

hehe
convidado
convidado
SAIR SALVE salvando ...
Leia mais: