pt
Seguir 0
Compartilhar
Adicionar tópico
Procurar
Achilles
Achilles | 23-08-2003 23:00
Article #1: What is meditation?

Zen Meditation is the means to bypass all that is irrelevant and create an absence of mind activity. At the precise point of no mind activity, we realize that we have been living our life in a daydream. And the actual reality, rather than the perceived reality becomes apparent. This reality cannot be understood or comprehended, only experienced.

First let's talk about why we meditate. Most people, realize that through the course of life, something positive has been lost and something negative has been accumulated. We can justify this by reflecting our childhood against our adult life. Children generally, see the world brighter, everything around them is more alive. They live in the moment without thought of what is to come or what may happen. As we grow older we acquire something though we don't know exactly what it is.

So our primary goal is to quite the mind through meditation. We must not worry about tomorrow, and we must forget about yesterday. We must live in the present.

Thank you for you time. Next article, I will explain many meditation techniques and in what ways they can help you.

Achilles
5 comentários
andro
andro | 23-08-2003 23:01
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sounds rather different from the form of meditation that Druids work with...

Tell me more - I find this kinda thing fascinating
PrettyBondage
PrettyBondage | 23-08-2003 23:35
Ive been meditating for a few years now and i find it really does work. its so relaxing and it puts you in such a great frame of mind. if the entire world meditated, the world would be such a brighter place!
The_Optimist
The_Optimist | 24-08-2003 10:48
achilles you're my guru.
you're absolutely great!
hey boss!offer him a job at andro's glen!
Achilles
Achilles | 24-08-2003 15:28
Article #2: Meditation Techniques

1. **Never Let Go of a Subtle Sound**
This practice is easy to do for short periods of about 1-2 minutes. But when done this way, it does nothing but increases clarity. To break through delusion, strength must be held onto the sound. But the key is not time, it is intensity. The more intense this practice is done, the clearer & clearer sound will become. Until there is nothing but the sound. In reality, there is not time, only change. It is in our absence of reality that we perceive time. This practice will helps to see this.

2. **Find the Place Before Sound Begins**
This is a good practice to help increase "short-burst" concentration. This practice should be done in 15 minute increments. It requires strong determination. Conceptually speaking, all sound begins at a certain place and a certain time. There is a place where it has not yet begun. The practice involves using a steady sound as a bridge to find the place before all sound. And the best sound to utilize is trickling water. Do not listen to the razor's edge of when the trickling water hits the water pool, but find the place before that sound starts beginning. This practice requires a lot of strength. The trick is not letting go of concentration. Losing concentration for a billa-second, will interupt experience. There is no "knowing" of where sound begins, this can only be experienced. No one can "know" it, science cannot confirm it, and very few have witnessed it.

3. **Never Let Go of the Breath**
Our breath is always with us. It is a (hopefully) reliable constant. This practice will hold its hands out and show how the conceptual mind operates. It is an indispensable practice that requires nothing but the breath. The trick is to JUST FOCUS BREATH. The reason there's no "THE" in just focus breath is because "THE" is extraneous. This practice throws out ALL the extraneous! Even "JUST FOCUS" is too much, it really should only be "BREATH"... Saying it's too hard to do is not JUST FOCUSING BREATH. There is no "easy" or "hard" in this practice. Only the breath. What sorrow and strife does the breath have?

4. **No-self**
Some practices don't utilize our minds. Instead they are reality themselves. This is a very "expert" practice. Although it can be done at any level. Of course without any insight, this practice is a waste. This practice seeks nothing. It is merely what the title implies. Dharma is Dharma

5. **Label the thoughts**
A very powerful practice. It reveals inhabitions, thoughts, and ideas that even we do not recognize. The trick is that EVERY thought that appears, repeat it. There can be no missing of a thought, no place where they can hide. Repeat them all. For a while, thoughts will appear about labeling thoughts. Then thoughts may occur like "I can't do this". But those thoughts cannot be retreated into. Persist on. Repeat them and continue the practice. The amount of reward is literally equivalent to the effort of practice. This is also an easy practice to do in day-to-day life.

6. **Shikantaza**
Just Sitting.. Nothing else, nothing more could be. This is the great pinnacle of practice. There must be great strength aquired prior to beginning this practice. This practice is neither intense focus nor distraction. It is just being, however there is NO understanding that being. When practicing, the mind (attention) should be placed in the palm of your left hand and kept there. You WILL NOT aquire anything with this practice, and if you look for anything more than your attention being in the palm of your hand, you will not be practicing it. You will never know if you are practicing correctly. It requires great strength and faith. One thought about doing it right or wrong, and you are not practicing it. Simply focus your mind in the palm of your hand.. that's all. That's really all.. Sound simple? It should be. Simply don't involve yourself in trying.. just do it.

~Daily Practice~
It's not what we do. It's what we don't do. This is very important to remember. Although throughout our daily lives we may not be able to walk through the grocery store following our breath.. We can at least not delve into our fantasies. This requires a subtle concentration but when consistently done, it will continue to change open up life. Just do not retreat into fantasies. "She wronged me", "I don't like my job", etc.. When we find ourselves caught in these patterns of thinking,BREAK FREE!!! Not too easy sometimes.. but when we do it once, it's easier next time.. Until eventually, delusion will start to break up..

Thank you for taking the time to read over this very LARGE post. I'm glad you took the time to get this far and I greatly appreciate those who listen. If you have any questions about this topic, please feel free to ask...I am here to help.

"...One should with clenched teeth, and with toungue pressing on the palate, subdue, crush, and overpower the mind by the mind, just as if a strong man, having taken a very weak man by the head or shoulders, were to subdue him, crush him, and overpower him. Then the bad harmful thoughts connected with desire, hate, and delusion will pass away, disappear."
- The Buddha

Achilles

Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 15-10-2020 20:34
I remember practicing meditation for a short while after I lost my maternal grandmother. Now I'm into it for a year now, 5 days a week, 4 hours maximum, starting at 4pm most of the time. The first weeks weren't easy because I kept on having regrets about my favourite ex and the things I wish we had done - memories of post-breakup depression (it started in late October 2003, 6 months after we split, and ended a few months later) came surfacing. But I got hooked into meditation and hypnosis too during that mid-October 2019, as my father's recurring heart problems came back around this time, after 6 years without (he had tachycardia once a year between 1997 and 2013). My mother told me to be the calmest ever after he got the surgery the month after. Yes, he did recover from it. Meditating must be the reason why I don't often go out of my room to watch television before 7:15pm, since there's less amusement on it. I sure feel better afterwards.
convidado
convidado
SAIR SALVE salvando ...
Leia mais: