pt

:? Soccer is for Sissy's :?

Seguir 0
Compartilhar
Adicionar tópico
Procurar
LiLmsRACER
LiLmsRACER | 10-08-2006 14:36
My neighbors r CRAZY! they think that soccer players r weak, and that soccer is the dumbest sport in the world! but they r SERIOUSLY CRAZY!!! soccer is the OLDEST sport in the world. it's got the MOST FANS, the LAREGEST AREANAS, and is the MOST PLAYED SPORT AROUND THE WORLD! if ya'll AGREE with me, or if ya'll DON'T, post ur comments, cuze I'd like 2 know how ya'll feel bout this!

PEACE
26 até 44 de 44 comentários
página 2 de 2
Execujetv12
Execujetv12 | 13-02-2010 05:58
sure it takes great stamina, but it's no greater than the stamina needed for pro sports like basketball

I think you should someday head out and play soccer with the local club so you can understand how rough soccer can be. Just make sure you are well fit and get rid of your mid jelly rolls haha Don't come back to me crying over the bruises and dirt you ate, I'm will not be responsible son haha
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 13-02-2010 06:23
yeah, everyone knows football is a contact sport... soccer is one of the wimpiest sports there is. i'd get bruises in football, not soccer... banging down low with the big men in basketball is more physical than soccer. dont worry, i wouldnt be worried at all about getting bruises or "eating dirt"

and i have no idea why you used italics on part of my post. doesn't relate to anything you said.
Dagor
Dagor | 13-02-2010 10:03
how much has your dislike for soccer got to do with the fact that the US doesn't excel in it? You really decided not wanting to grow and stick to your hillbillieness for the rest of your life, did you?
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 13-02-2010 10:10
None. i couldn't care less is USA dominated or was the worst team ever. Soccer isn't a priority at all over here in the sports world.

not sure hillbillieness is a word... or why you continuously call me one. i can honestly say you're the only person who has ever called me a hillbilly or hick, whether it be online or in real life. No clue why you do

soccers just a boring sport.... but it is very simple, which is why there is appeal. Poor countries can play it. Plus, it doesn't require much thinking.. America has sports like football (which is MASSIVE)... which hardly anyone else plays or understands. Because it's not easy to play and requires a ton of thinking. it's not a game you can learn in 2 minutes like soccer.

in short, soccer blows.

Dagor
Dagor | 13-02-2010 10:18
your totally unqualified comments make you look like a moron that doesn't know what he is talking about, That combined with the persistance to defend local stuff and to reject anything that is foreign to you (be it sports, music, languages, probably food too) makes you look like a narrowminded hick
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 13-02-2010 10:27
actually i love mexican, chinese, italian, etc food... I have to laugh pretty hard upon hearing "unqualified comments." This coming from YOU in a SPORTS thread? Really? Hmmm, ok, well why don't you tell me why my comments are more unqualified than anyone elses

defending local things doesnt make you a hick.. perhaps we have different definitions. could be a cultural thing as you are very old and gay and german and i am young, straight, and american.

like most americans, i just think soccer sucks the fat one
Dagor
Dagor | 13-02-2010 12:55
Pathetic, curt, really pathetic. You forgot to mention that you're white as well (just to complete what you base your alleged supremacy upon) You probably belong to the 5% of americans (=hicks) that give the rest such a bad name abroad. The other 95% may thank you
Execujetv12
Execujetv12 | 13-02-2010 18:06
Dagor beat me to what I was about to say. Curt is part of the handful of American's that give the rest a bad name. They pay no respect to anything that isn't 'American' (by the way Curt, Taco Bell, Panda Express, and Domino's Pizza doesn't count as foreign food, just Americanized junk food). I'm glad that the times I have spent in the U.S I have not met someone as arrogant as Curt. Is not that you do not like Soccer, nothing wrong with that, it is how you disrespect foreign cultural activities and people, while at the same time showing how 'American's' are SO much better than everyone else. Which is ironic coming from someone like you.
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 13-02-2010 18:37
well since i cant physically travel to mexico, or italy, or china to get a dinner, local places that specialize in foreign foods are legit for me.

i honestly dont care what i make americans look like... i represent myself and no one else.. but im glad to see you guys are participating in stereotyping!!! also it's not my fault soccer is such a lame, boring, and simple sport. Nor is it my fault that 99% of the best basketball players and baseball players come to my country to play the sport. America is just superior sometimes. im sure i have used many things that aren't american... but when it comes to things like sports and music, the usa has no real competitors in my opinion.

again daniel, we must have different dictionaries. i assume its the cultural differences i mentioned. since you can't defend why you'd call my comments unqualified, i'll also assume you are talking out of you anus again, not that i am surprised whatsoever

fishmunky
fishmunky | 13-02-2010 19:42
sure it takes great stamina, but it's no greater than the stamina needed for pro sports like basketball.

disagree with that statement entirely, the reality is you will never see a ll at any point in the ge subbed off, they longer half time etc

look i won't defend soccer as a be all and end all, there are some serious flaws with the game (most of it to do with accountibility for both players and officials) and while it is one of the world's most popular games (which is a terrible argument, so what if its popular, do these same people think Coca Cola is ambrosia)

but to dismiss the game as challenging is equal asinine. Soccer is a rough game, it doesn;t look that way, but i played it for the better part of 12 years, my brother still plays in a men's league, and the games get heated, the tackles and pushing and shoving get vicious, its a hard game to play, both to stay strong physically and focused mentally

soccer will never be a big deal in north america (and daniel the comment but U.S not being good at is out of line, they've qualified for the world cup every year since 1990, with varying degrees of success including going to the quarter finals in 02) because the other sports do choke it out. Soccer like hockey is hard to relate to for most americans as its not really representative of their aesthetic.

there's to sides to the coin, and the "ugly American" argument does have some validity to why soccer isn't popular here, but i think it really is simplifying the argument.

the flipside is that "the beautiful game" has lost its lustre over the years, north american sports are mostly valued by watching freak athletes do amazing things, and the idea of watching 1-0 and 1-1, games with little action and a lot of embellishing turns people off the game.
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 14-02-2010 00:24
no professional sport is non-challenging.. the way i see basketball compared to soccer in terms of stamina... yes, i realize that there are more stoppages in basketball but ive watched soccer and it isn't full on sprinting the entire match. there's tons of mild jogging with bursts of sprints. in basketball, you only have 24 seconds to shoot the ball, and you have to use so much energy playing defense too. those who say defense isnt played in the nba are retarded... the players are just nearly impossible to guard. but its such a fast paced game and its just nearly constant sprinting up and down the court.. you dont get much of a break, wheras soccer its not like every guy is sprinting up and down the field. a lot of times the ball slowly moves up and down the field
Dagor
Dagor | 14-02-2010 00:45
and daniel the comment but U.S not being good at is out of line, they've qualified for the world cup every year since 1990, with varying degrees of success including going to the quarter finals in 02

sorry anth, but that doesn't impress me in the least ... the US simply doesn't play a role in international football competitions (or soccer as some call it), let's be fair about that
fishmunky
fishmunky | 14-02-2010 05:16
sorry anth, but that doesn't impress me in the least ... the US simply doesn't play a role in international football competitions (or soccer as some call it), let's be fair about that

depends on how you define international competition, in CONCAF and Gold cup tourney's they do quite well, especially against north, central and south american teams, in terms of the World stage, they were terrible for about 60 years, but have been better over the last 2 decades, their ability to qualify alone puts them ahead of about 100 other nations, most of whom revere soccer over all other games. Compared to a handful of European and South American teams, the U.S lags behind...but so does everyone else, not exactly the best comparison

I don't disagree with the defensive side in basketball either curt, but the defensive side of Soccer is not picnic either. and Basketball there are lulls in the play, particularly with the perimeter game, which actually does remind me quite a bit of soccer, the difference is, with soccer players they have 2 basketball courts per zone in which they have to run and cover. and a lot of times in soccer the ball is hoofed down the field and its a dogfight for possession, not saying that either game isn't fiercely competitive or without merit at all, in fact i see a lot of similarities between soccer and basketball when i really step back and look at the overall strategies employed.
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 14-02-2010 14:00
in CONCAF and Gold cup tourney's they do quite well, especially against north, central and south american teams

haha seriously? when?... first of all it's CONCACAF, and south american teams don't even get to play in it. i think brazil was invited to play as a guest a couple of times and really didn't care to send the main team because it doesn't matter.

now if we're talking about competitions where south america is really participating, like the pan american games.. top 3 nations to get the title are argentina, brazil and mexico. US won one time and never made it to the finals again. and let's not even get started on the world cup.. south american countries holds 9 titles in total, there's only been 18 editions. how close has the US come to the podium? 3rd place in 1930, the first edition and never again? yes, great going.

the US women's national soccer though, awesome team. actually wins titles
fishmunky
fishmunky | 14-02-2010 15:48
^

my bad i missed the Acronym

and like i said, there was a 60 year period where the USA was absolute garbage i acknowledge that, but based on performances since 1990, you have to admit the US soccer program has come a long way in a very short time period

hell there are time where i wish Canada could field a team that's half as competitive as the U.S team, at least then we might qualify for something

and you're right i totally disregarded the Pan-Am games, mostly because i forgot soccer is one of the sports played, again my bad

and i guess i do forget the Woman's team, but that opens up another can of worms entirely, Woman's soccer and hockey is a weird animal where it seems only a handful of countries are able to field really competitive teams and rest just send a team because they have the numbers in order to do so
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 14-02-2010 15:59
i agree that US has come a long way and got better over the years, but still isn't considered a great opponent in the american continent, that's all i meant
PunkRckr8
PunkRckr8 | 14-02-2010 20:19
but we've definitely surpassed those skanky brazilians

that's an accomplishment
6Maggot6
6Maggot6 | 14-02-2010 22:11
your neighbors definitely are crazy! football (there is only one kind of football, everyone else can suck it) is the greatest game ever! true, money ruined it for some people in the last couple of years, but there are still some people who enjoy the beauty of the game. no sport brings people together like football does. go out and play!
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 25-02-2010 00:46
more impressive is that the USA can still remain decent even though soccer is a ways down the list on sports here... behind football, basketball, baseball, and hockey. hell most people dont even care about soccer at all here (its a really dumb sport). other countries cant even learn football lol
convidado
convidado
SAIR SALVE salvando ...
Leia mais: