pt

mlb's [lack of] salary cap

Seguir 0
Compartilhar
Adicionar tópico
Procurar
Reina_de_Cairo
Reina_de_Cairo | 13-02-2006 23:41
well, i'm doing a school report on the subject, and i'd appreciate any opinions about it.

personally, i'd like to see a salary cap in the mlb. but i'm also aware of the strikes/stoppage of play baseball would have to go thru to get to that point. there's the arguement that a salary cap would "punish" teams who had "worked hard to get to that point" but i have to disagree, in that using money to get the players you want is not particularly showing talent. True, it has not always meant a win. but it often does.

i'm a boston fan, and they really don't have a small payroll either. but some teams...twins, devil rays, relly dont have much of a chance,

well that's some of my opinion, and i can understand both sides of the arguement. can yall give me sum of your thoughts? thank you
10 comentários
Reina_de_Cairo
Reina_de_Cairo | 15-02-2006 20:02
alright, neverrmind. i finished my essay, but if you still want to talk about this subject (because of course everyone has SO much to say ) i'd def like to hear opinions...
FireWaterBurn
FireWaterBurn | 15-02-2006 20:41
That's an awesome school project...

I think a salary cap needs to be implemented. Half of the teams are out of contention before the season begins. Mets and yankees spend far too much money, and it isn't fair to small-market teams like Pittsburgh, Kansas City, etc...

The only way to really add a salary cap fairly is to warn the teams now and say that starting in 10 years, the salry cap will start. You pretty much have to. If you add it right now or in a few eyars, you sitll have guys with 7 year contracts worth $80million, and it wouldn't be fair to the team they are on.

stinky_lemur
stinky_lemur | 16-02-2006 03:35
thats not true at all. no team is out of it when the season starts, thats just a stupid comment. hardly anyone had the white sox winning the world series and look what happened. they have a low payroll and dominated all the good teams in the playoffs.

just look at the mets, they have had an enormous payroll for a few years now and nothing has come of it. payroll is not everything, it has a lot to do with the players and how much they actually care.
Reina_de_Cairo
Reina_de_Cairo | 16-02-2006 23:22
curt- i like the idea about warning the teams before...i really think this salary cap should have come around a long time ago...like the nfl and nba have effective ones...
FireWaterBurn
FireWaterBurn | 16-02-2006 23:30
First off, I think I have 100 times the knowledge about baseball than you.

thats not true at all. no team is out of it when the season starts, thats just a stupid comment.

Oh really? Kansas City, Pittsburgh. They are already out of it and every real baseball fan knows it.

hardly anyone had the white sox winning the world series and look what happened. they have a low payroll and dominated all the good teams in the playoffs.

Know your facts before you make dumbass comments. White Sox had the 13th highest salary. over half the league had lower salaries! They definetly weren't low payroll.

just look at the mets, they have had an enormous payroll for a few years now and nothing has come of it.

That's because it's the Mets. The Mets suck. I love them and I am a diehard, but their managment is awful. We throw around millions of dollars to old, washed up players like it's our job.

payroll is not everything, it has a lot to do with the players and how much they actually care.

Wow, what fantasy world are you living in? Yankees and Red Sox have the two highest payrolls every year. You think it's a coincidence they both make the playoffs every year too?

Hmmm, the Royals, Devil Rays, Pirates, and Brewers are the bottom four in payroll. Guess what? All of those teams suck. It isn't a coincidence. They are all bottom feeders because they can't afford big name guys.
stinky_lemur
stinky_lemur | 17-02-2006 01:15
i love how u think u have more knowledge about baseball than i do, thats just hilarious. you're prolly one of those kids where your mommy wouldnt let u play cuz she knew u werent athletic and would just get hurt. you have never picked up a baseball let alone play now as i do in college.

basically u can take your own life and do the whole world a favor.
FireWaterBurn
FireWaterBurn | 17-02-2006 01:17
HAHAHAHAHA.

Wow, I see you know me real well

/sarcasm.

Seriously, you couldn't be further off.

First off, I just owned you...Get used to it, more ownage to come if this conversation continues. You didn't even have your "facts" straight.
stinky_lemur
stinky_lemur | 18-02-2006 02:33
u really have no clue what your talking about. you never once owned me, and i was right with u never playing baseball, or any sport for that matter. the only sport u may have played is curling, cuz thats about all your little pansy ass can handle.
FireWaterBurn
FireWaterBurn | 18-02-2006 02:41
Hahaha... Once again, you embarras yourself.

Proving that you know absolutely nothing about me....

You were owned because nothing you said was right. You said White Sox had a low payroll. You dolt, they were 13th highest. Over half the league had less money than them...

Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 09-02-2010 23:00
I'm torn a little bit... because as a baseball fan, yeah it'd be awesome to have $ equality around the league and make it more competitively balanced.. but also, fans really do forget that sports are a business. Teams cut 10 year veterans in a second to save some money, and a guy will leave a team in a second for a bigger paycheck... It's a business, and just like with any other business, the most success usually can be found with the people who have the most money and are smart when deciding how to use it.

really, a cap isn't going to happen anytime soon so i don't even worry about it
convidado
convidado
SAIR SALVE salvando ...
Leia mais: