pt

weed vs booze...legalize!

Seguir 0
Compartilhar
Adicionar tópico
Procurar
tigerlilly_169
tigerlilly_169 | 27-12-2005 16:05
And i will tell you why....If you think about people do stupider things when they drink. From my expiriences after smoking it up all me and my friends wanna do is sit there hang out and relax but when we drink we tend to become more stupid and not know what we are doing and go get arrested or something.......what do you guys think?
101 até 120 de 120 comentários
página 5 de 5
kians_angel
kians_angel | 12-02-2007 22:05
Last login 27-03-2006

wonder if tigerlilly learned her lesson already...
lifeisworthless
lifeisworthless | 12-02-2007 23:03
I didn't say marijuana has no affect on me. If it didn't I wouldn't smoke it.

Did you ever think of people being bad drivers? The risk for car crashes is higher among 16 to 19 year olds than any other age group. Young or inexperienced drivers tend to underestimate the dangers of driving in hazardous situations. Therefore, teens who are also inexperienced with the drug probably have a higher risk to get in a crash than someone who is both an experienced user and driver.

"A comprehensive 1992 NHTSA study revealed that pot is rarely involved in driving accidents, except when combined with alcohol. The study concluded that "the THC-only drivers had an [accident] responsibility rate below that of the drug free drivers." This study was buried for six years and not released until 1998."

The website below lists many different studies done to find out how marijuana effects driving skills. The only thing that was found was the drivers ability to "maintain a steady lateral position on the road." Which means they had a hard time driving right in the middle of their lanes..and that doesn't mean swerving in and out of their lane. The website also lists many other sites to find statistics on fatal crashes of drivers under the influnce of marijuana ONLY.

http://cannabisculture.com/articles/4131.html

This website also has facts about driving under the influence of marijuana. If you need more I could find them.. and if you can find a website that shows me that the statistics on fatal crashes of drivers under the influnce of marijuana ONLY I'd be very happy to see it.. because I'm pretty sure it's maybe like 5%.

http://www.fcda.org/driving.htm
vandy
vandy | 12-02-2007 23:36
that's still 5% too much.

Driving under the influence of anything that increases your risk of killing someone is completely selfish. I've felt completely sober before but spent the night where I was at because I didn't even want the slightest risk of driving drunk--there's just no reason for it.
Pandora
Pandora | 12-02-2007 23:49
most people can't sit up straight, walk straight, talk straight.. or see straight when they are stoned... and you expect it to be okay for them to drive?

rockon
tabitha
lifeisworthless
lifeisworthless | 13-02-2007 00:09
I didn't say the percentage was 5%. I said I bet it's like 5%. Everything within those studies confirm that marijuana toked alone does not increase a driver's risk of causing an accident.

and yeah, driving drunk is a whole other story. I'm completely against driving drunk.
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 13-02-2007 03:02
The thing is that you don't get tested for marijuana after you crash a car. If they smell a substancwe, they'll test you...but the people who drive high are potheads, they cna talk and hold conversation well enough to pass themselves off as clean. So they aren't gonna test them. I'v ebeen in an accident, and I wasn't tested although I very well could have been high.

It's common sense. High people usually think they are smarter and better at things when they are high. Lol, your reaction time is slowed way down. Definetly not safe to drive.
Pandora
Pandora | 13-02-2007 14:18
Everything within those studies confirm that marijuana toked alone does not increase a driver's risk of causing an accident.

you're an idiot if you seriously think something that alters your state of mind... doesn't increase your risk of causing an accident.

rockon
tabitha
lifeisworthless
lifeisworthless | 13-02-2007 17:53
Yesss.. I'm so glad you brought out the word idiot.

Okkayy, but you weren't high..and you didn't get in a crash high, you got in a crash sober. That says nothing..and if cops can't see if people are actually high, that tells you something. High drivers get in crashes as average as sober drivers. It's not the weed, it's the drivers. If someone gets into a crash and actually dies they are going to test the body for any substances..and then it would be recorded. Still, nothing about people having only marijuana in their systems.
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 14-02-2007 03:14
I know plenty of potheads. I've seen my friends smoke tons of weed and I wouldn't know they were high unless they told me. Eventually you are just able to pass yourself off as not high. It doesn't mean it doesn't effect you though.

So if you are in a car crash and nobody dies, nobody knows if you are high. Unless you have your weed laying right there in the car, the cops aren't gonna know. They don't test you. Hell, when I crashed my car I didn't even get any tests at all. They just asked me if I was drinking. I could have easily lied to them.

So those statistics are way misleading. If everyone who crashed was tested for drugs and alcohol, those stats would be much, much different.

It's already been said, but if it alters your mind like that, then you shouldn't be driving while high. I couldn't care less if you went out and wrecked into a telephone pole while high. I do care when you hit a little kid because your reaction time is slowed down by the drugs that you're on.
Playmate01
Playmate01 | 14-02-2007 03:25
Basically what that person said is true. after a long use of something your body will become "like" ammune to it. but with pot its the thc in the actual that gets you "stoned" and when your body has to much thc (as for a heavy smoker 2-3 times a week or more) you wont feel the affect. Hence why people kill themselves on drugs. they cant feel the affect so they take more and more then after their dead realise that your body cant take that much BAD crap even tho you cant feel the affect...its still runnin in your blood stream.
and thats my 2cents.
TheDom
TheDom | 14-02-2007 03:44
Hey hey hey hey
smoke weed everyday
lifeisworthless
lifeisworthless | 14-02-2007 03:53
Not at all. Weed will always get you high.
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 14-02-2007 03:56
Weed will get you high, but as you smoke for a long period of time, you become very good at masking it.

Doesn't mean it's safe to drive while high or anything similiar.
lifeisworthless
lifeisworthless | 14-02-2007 04:00
Ah, and let me please add. I'm talking about fatalities. Hmm..
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 14-02-2007 04:11
Oh ok... So I guess it's no big deal then if a high person crashes and just brain damages someone for life?
NightHobbit
NightHobbit | 14-02-2007 08:24
you are tryin to disprove to us that weed doesnt causea problem for driving. (why the hell would you wanna drive high anyway?) without anything to back your claims up. we have evidence and there is proof on our side of the argument. You're going to meet alot of dead ends.
lifeisworthless
lifeisworthless | 15-02-2007 22:19
Actually, I'm trying to prove that if a person is a good driver sober, they are a good driver high. And I clearly gave multiple websites that shows evidence.
Arlecina
Arlecina | 15-02-2007 22:33
Everything within those studies confirm that marijuana toked alone does not increase a driver's risk of causing an accident.

How utterly stupid. Read some of the more elaborate studies.
Playmate01
Playmate01 | 16-02-2007 01:21
haha maybe you should see me when i drive then it would change your thoughts of driving under the influence...
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 24-02-2021 02:09
Would I like them to legalize cannabis ?

I don't know... With certain conditions, I think. I had a dose of morphine after an operation, and although that made my mouth hurt less, I was not addicted. Cannabis is supposed to be used for medical reasons, but I still don't agree. And to consume the weed (or 'mari' as they say), that is regularly or from time to time... I cannot explain it because I am not a smoker. So I can't describe myself as a defender, I have no precise idea.
convidado
convidado
SAIR SALVE salvando ...
Leia mais: