pt

Media infested society...

Seguir 0
Compartilhar
Adicionar tópico
Procurar
muzic_freak
muzic_freak | 20-10-2005 02:24
I hate the media. I hate society. I hate the fabricated culture we live in.

I was walking around the other day and i realized just how many girls i saw who were exactly the same. i honestly could not tell them apart. Their hair was the same, their makeup was the same, their clothes were the same...they even talked the same. "Like oh my god, I had like, such a good time! I'm like, so totally happy right now i could like, like, like, LIKE LIKE LIKE." AH! Come on! I find it depressing how intelligence is slowly becoming enon-existent. Why is it so hard for one to combine decent words and make a somewhat comprehensible sentence? It baffles me.

And for the increasing stupidity that has consumed this planet, I blame the media. The damn TV and the radio and magazines, all telling people what to like, what not to like, how to dress, how to act, what to say, etc etc. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, unwilling to succumb to the materialized propaganda that has infested the minds of most people, but what ever happened to being yourself? Not some fabricated creature the media presses upon you to be, but to wear what YOU want to wear, to say what YOU want to say, to do what YOU want to do, to like what YOU like. Where did that go?

I was talking to this person the other day, and she asked me if I liked the new Sean Paul song. I laughed, and was blatently honest. No. I don't. It's aweful. If there's a person out there who can actually tell me what the *&^% he's saying, maybe I'd find some deep, hidden, meaningful lyric in there. But I highly doubt it. With a music video with half naked girls shaking their rears in the middle of a desert surrounded by neon, lit up hummers, I don't think there's room in there for anything meaningful. So back to the girl who asked me the rediculously stupid question, i told her how pathetic Sean Paul is and that he has no talent whatsoever and the only reason he's famous is because the media inflated him to be some all mighty god. Why, I do not know, becuase he can't sing. He can't do anything. And yet people think he's amazing becuase if the media says so, then he must be. God forbid if you form your own opinion.
Sean Paul is just an example, one of the many talentless, unorigional preformers who have been transformed into a fizzled up product of the propaganda. If you like Sean Paul, I'm not sorry if I offend you. I don't care.

Why is it that people like only what they see or hear, what's supposedly "cool" at the moment? It's like nobody has any sense of individuality at all. Why dress the same? You know how many girls come to school in the same "LuLu Lemon" pants? Everywhere I look. Because those pants are the "cool" pants to have right now. God, call me weird, but I'd prefer not be a clone of the rest of the people walking around.
I know there are people out there who aren't like everybody else. I applaud you. Yay! Someone who's not completely synthetic like the majority of the population! I just wish there were more 'real' people than 'fake' people.

Ah, felt good to get that off my chest.
7 comentários
Tyrannical_King
Tyrannical_King | 20-10-2005 02:27
Ok.
FireWaterBurn
FireWaterBurn | 20-10-2005 02:28
Blame the people, not the mdeia.. The media puts things out there for people tos ee. Without the media, bands don't get exposure, movies don't get seen, etc.

Blame the kids and their inability to seperate themselves from the trandsetters around them.
muzic_freak
muzic_freak | 20-10-2005 02:37
True, true. I find it terrible that so many people can be so dense.
anarchy666
anarchy666 | 20-10-2005 13:25
it is honestly very depressing how all those possibli inteligent ppl choose to go this dumb!!!

they r *like* everywhere... whnevr u turn ur head...

i blame the media, the parents, the kids, and many many mnay more things!
LeLox
LeLox | 20-10-2005 14:44
Urgh! Tell me about it. Last summer, every single girl was walking around with either pink or baby blue!!
dark_knight86
dark_knight86 | 20-10-2005 18:42
She speaks the truth, people nowadays are just easily brainwashed by anything they see or hear, someday we'll all be zombies and we'll be under control of the government. How is being exactly like everyone else cool? How boring!
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 03-10-2018 22:25
And now, I hate them too. Media are magnets who keep on attracting people until filling them with something to tell their colleagues/friends for the whole lunch. They're not the mirror of the real truth, they just put things in wrong order with the wrong personalitae and the wrong subject to treat, so the reflect looks distorted to our eyes/ears.

Trust in real people who only care of what they believe/pretend/think and do not trust in media and their so-called "journalists" who are vampires who suck the blood out of you by filling screen, pages and radio gaps with approxim' one half of fake news.

The "something to tell" part, I would like it to be about some recent subject or caring about some forgotten stars/politics instead of centering on the one who'll leave his post very soon. Afterwards, society is hurt.
convidado
convidado
SAIR SALVE salvando ...
Leia mais: