pt

Author or Book That has had largest effect on you

Seguir 0
Compartilhar
Adicionar tópico
Procurar
DT110880
DT110880 | 19-06-2005 15:33
Name the author, or possibly single book that has had the most profound affect on the way you think, act and view the world, was it fiction, or non-fiction, why and which ideals affected you?
26 até 34 de 34 comentários
página 2 de 2
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 07-02-2007 13:41
Nietzsche, for sure.
LetGo
LetGo | 24-07-2007 20:30
The Kite Runner and Tell Me Your Dreams. There's a motivational book as well that had quite an effect on me but that's why they're written.
dudettel666
dudettel666 | 24-07-2007 22:47
The Glass Castle - Jeannette Walls

An AMAZING memoir that made me rethink my life and appreciate what I always had during my childhood, and even more, the things I have now.
It taught me to NEVER judge people without knowing about them first.
I also could relate to some of the things she wrote about, so I felt a strong connection to Jeannette.

imaginaryfriend
imaginaryfriend | 20-01-2009 23:20
Chuck Palahniuk's book Fight Club.
I absolutely love the destruction of it. And how it's totally different from the movie, yet the same.
It's written very simple, still you understand it perfectly.

Anne Rice.
The books are so alive, the characters are real people... but it's only a book. I would love to spend my life as a character in one of her books.
Her way of writing inspires me to write.
Sairina
Sairina | 10-08-2010 20:10
Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger and Ismael by Daniel Quinn left a lasting impression on me. These novels enticed my mind to evaluate the ways of humanity. It's really good food for thought.
Dark_Hawk
Dark_Hawk | 08-12-2010 03:25
I think Anne Rice... Actually a lot of books have helped me see religion in a different way, but her books have an unique point of view... her first books, i haven't had a chance to read her new ones
maccecilie
maccecilie | 08-12-2010 17:12
I haven't read any books that has had an impact on me.
prime247
prime247 | 28-07-2011 22:22
THERE ARE A FEW THAT I HAVE THAT I JUST LOVE READING ON THE AZTEC CULTURE AS IT IS ONE OF MY LOVES. ALFONSO CASO STARTED ME OUT WITH HIS BOOK AZTECS PEOPLE OF THE SUN WHICH INTRODUCED ME TO THE PEOPLE AND THEIR UNDERSTANDING OF RELIGION. MICHAEL E. SMITH A UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR I'M IN EMAIL CONTACT WITH ALONG WITH JONGSOO LEE BOTH WITH THEIR BOOKS THE AZTECS AND THE ALLURE OF NEZAHUALCOYOTL EXPANDED MY KNOWLEDGE OF THE SOCIETY THE PEOPLE LIVED IN WITH THEIR LAWS.
DAVID CARRASCO WITH HIS BOOK DAILY LIFE OF THE AZTECS GAVE ME EVEN MORE INSIGHT TO THE PEOPLE AND THEIR SOCIETY AND WAY OF LIFE AS DID THE CODEX CHIMALPOPOCA WRITEN IN BOTH ENGLISH AND NAHUATL BY JOHN BIERHORST. WITH HIS I LEARNED EVEN MORE OF THE PEOPLE AND THEIR WAY OF LIFE. I HAVE OTHERS THAT I READ FROM DIFFERENT AUTHORS ON THE TOPIC. I WELCOME REPLIES AND OTHERS COMMENTS IF THEY CARE TO LEAVE THEM.
Vixen75
Vixen75 | 01-08-2011 20:54
The Bible
convidado
convidado
SAIR SALVE salvando ...
Leia mais: