LetsSingIt no banco de dados de letras da internet
pt
Seguir 0
Compartilhar
Adicionar tópico
Procurar
Merlin
Merlin | 08-07-2002 22:28
Just wondering about everyones opinion on the subject. I know that this is generally a site for youth, and I have come across basically two opinions upon drug use: 1) Drugs rule! Do them! or: 2) Dont do them because they seriously mess your life over.

Quite frankly, I am whole-heartedly on the side of option 2. I feel like I have a purpose on the earth, even though I dont know what it is yet, and I really dont need to fry my brain and run into the obstacles of addiction as it is. I want my mind to be clear when I confront the dilemmas in my life that will shape what kind of person I become.

I live in a small town, and practically every person I know has either done them, or is completely hooked on them. I tend to stick with crowds that dont do a lot of drugs, just because I have found that hanging out with stoners is redundant like nothing else. But it is extremely hard to avoid drugs in a town like this. Every party is filled to the brim with them, and hence, I find myself avoiding those types of really mental parties, where every girl is nasty on drugs, and every friend is insane and incoherent with them.

I know that there is no way to convince everyone. After all, isnt experimentation a major part of society? But on the other hand, Ive lost a few friends to drugs (not death, but you know what I mean), and I hate to see good friends succumb to the addiction, simply because it breaks my heart to see the future of a youth completely crushed.

If you want my advice and opinion, there are some times where it is better not to learn from experience. Keep clear, or dont, but there isnt an in-between, because the world doesnt wait for people to come off of substances.

Ive tried to convince friends in the past (I even wrote a short story that I published to a few real chemical abusers, its called The Art of Disappearing Completely, and its on my site http://lapointe_mike.tripod.com), but Ive found that only a few times does this sort of guerilla warfare against drugs work, and my successes with bringing good friends off of them has only worked about 15% of the time.

Post your thoughts on what Ive said and your own opinions on the subject, because Id love to hear what people have to say, especially coming from international sources. Perhaps opinions vary from country to country. Im from Canada, and thats how I feel.

Peace!
76 até 87 de 87 comentários
página 4 de 4
rebrazil
rebrazil | 30-09-2004 01:23
wow..pretty deep stories here..
Htd1
Htd1 | 30-09-2004 01:24
don't forget about my lovely thread "hi I'm new and bored"
Pandora
Pandora | 30-09-2004 01:30
yea, and me and sweetie found out all kinds of things about her..

rock on
tabitha
soccerchick
soccerchick | 30-09-2004 01:52
I've had my share of smoking pot and drinking but it's the only thing I've done. I luckily don't have a problem say no to doing other things like extacy and stuff like that. A lot of my friends were doing it a lot and offered it to me numerous times but I'm just not interested in any of that. I know it's cut with a lot of bad stuff that I don't wanna mess with. As for pot in particular, I think if alcohol is legal, that it should be too. I would much rather have a bunch of stoners driving around then a drunk person. I'm not saying pot is good for you, it does make you a bit stupid, but I don't think it's bad either. I also don't think that people who smoke a lot of pot, get the depression and emotional issues that alcoholics do. As for the rest of drugs, I think it's ruining a lot of people's lives and it's sad to see.
MyLittleNoodle
MyLittleNoodle | 30-09-2004 02:05
wow, I am really surprised that most people here are against drugs. Only because drugs are a big thing where I live. . . almost all of my friends and I have done some sort of drug(s) other then pot. Personally, I don't really have anythign against it. . . but some things can clash with your personality, so if you're gonna do it. . . know something about it. .
baltimorepablo
baltimorepablo | 15-11-2004 03:09
I don't agree with a lot of what you people say about drugs. For people who say that drugs are the evil in this universe I would say that they are very naive and close-minded. I have been doing drugs for a while now and I have seen a lot of people go down but I have also seen a lot of people become very successful. I have lost many friends because they either die or we drift apart but I never blame the drugs. Ever.

Alcohol is the worst drug for you - worse than opiates, GHB, Marijuana, etc. It affects every organ in your body and it has a high toxcicity. Yet people think it's "ok" to drink and get drunk but not ok to smoke some pot. As an example of society accepting alcoholism: when an alcoholic mother has a baby the baby has a "Syndrome" but when a mother who smokes crack has a kid it's a "Crack Baby." The baby who was born to the mother who smokes crack will live a better life than the one who was born to the alcoholic mother, that's for sure.

All those commercials and all those DARE classes are meant to be scare tactics. The people who believe most of what they say are nothing but ignorant and naive. Close minded.

Even though I fell pretty hard in the drug world, I would never go back and change what I did. It's as if though I have new eyes and I see a better world. Opiates and Ecstasy are probably the best drugs that I have done. They helped me realize what the world really is - if I wouldn't have done them I think that I would still be a close-minded person like I was before I did. So, I'm going to stop this rant but I want to say one more thing, I usually never use the saying "Don't knock it until you've tried it" but I would have to say that it's the most appropriate saying for this discussion.

Pablo
Sliced Beauty
Sliced Beauty | 15-11-2004 17:12
i don't do any drugs apart frm weed.... i luv it n it luvs moi!
Sliced Beauty
Sliced Beauty | 15-11-2004 17:14
pablo u r so right ur the only 1 in this forum tlkin sense
baltimorepablo
baltimorepablo | 18-11-2004 02:11
Thanks... I really get annoyed when people who don't know what they are talking about try to argue a point. Especially when it comes to a touchy subject like drugs. Unless you know what you are talking about, you shouldn't post your input - if you post misinformation then it could cost someone their life.

Pablo
jonny0017
jonny0017 | 02-08-2005 00:51
every post in this topic has been so well-thought and they were just..awesome. u guys really could change someone's mind about drugs with ur stories.
Pandora
Pandora | 02-08-2005 00:52
eh.. I reallly don't like this thread.

rockon
tabitha
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 19-12-2020 11:05
I'm addicted to black tea. I can drink until 6 cups a day.
I don't drink alcohol.
I hardly ever smoked cigarettes. Had 10 of them in a course of about 10 years and stopped before turning 30.
I don't smoke weed.
I haven't tried cocaine.
convidado
convidado
SAIR SALVE salvando ...
Leia mais: