LetsSingIt internetowa baza tekstów piosenek
pl
Podążać 2
Dzielić
Dodaj temat
Szukaj
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 18-01-2016 01:13
Was trying to find a topic like this and couldn't find an active one. The most active one I found was last posted in 2008 and when I tried to post in it, it said "Vote at the poll", but no poll exists for the topic anymore. So it's probably best to create a new topic entirely.

Here's the albums I bought over the last month:

CHVRCHES - Every Open Eye [2015]
David Bowie - Best Of Bowie [2002]
David Bowie - Blackstar ★ [2016]
Fitz & The Tantrums - More Than Just A Dream [2013]
Suburban Lawns - Suburban Lawns [1981]
Vance Joy - Dream Your Life Away [2014]
Weezer - Weezer (The Blue Album) [1994]
101 do 125 z 128 komentarze
strona 5 z 6
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 04-02-2022 02:09
Truth In A Structured Form [1989] - Atlanta Rhythm Section
L'Album [1980] - Plastic Bertrand (vinyl)

More obscure albums I ordered so I could transcribe them from their lyric sheets (same with the album in the above post)
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 19-05-2022 00:53
I like "He Said She Said" and "California" from that album. What are your favorites?
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 19-05-2022 00:56
How are the bonus tracks on Torches?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 19-05-2022 02:30
I like "He Said She Said" and "California" from that album. What are your favorites?

Haven't listened to the full album yet! I'm planning to within the coming weeks. I'm seeing them live on the 30th with a high school friend and I've been working on binging their albums in preparation. I own all of their albums physically now except their debut album, which I only own digitally, but I'll probably order that on CD as well so I can complete my collection.

How are the bonus tracks on Torches?

The Torches bonus tracks had all been previously released through various special editions of the album in the past, so none of them were really new to me, but as a longtime fan, it was really rewarding to see them get a wider release. That album had a significant impact on me during my formative teenage years and was really the launch pad to getting me into indie music. "Chin Music For The Unsuspecting Hero", "Broken Jaw" and "Downtown" are probably the highlights of the bonus tracks for me.

The vinyl design is also super cool and one of the fanciest vinyls I own now without question, haha. I geeked out a bit because it finally contains official lyrics for those bonus tracks after transcriptions by ear were floating around the internet for all these years.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 02-07-2022 16:38
The Bones Of What You Believe [2013] - CHVRCHES
Favorite Ghosts [2022] - Jocelyn & Chris Arndt

Ended up caving and completing my CHVRCHES CD collection! The other album I mainly bought so I could transcribe it from the lyric booklet.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 20-11-2022 18:49
Feelings [2018] - Bloods
Now and Then [2022] - Eliza & The Delusionals

I ordered the first album on vinyl to transcribe it from the lyric sheet - there were less than 10 available on the band's Bandcamp page! The second album I picked up at the merch booth when I saw Eliza & The Delusionals live last Tuesday (they were opening for Silversun Pickups, but I was primarily going to see them). It was pre-autographed by all 4 band members!!
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 25-11-2022 04:53
^I was at the Atlanta show for those two bands!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 25-11-2022 17:02
^I was at the Atlanta show for those two bands!

Very cool! I've been a huge fan of Eliza & The Delusionals for years, but only really had a casual familiarity with Silversun Pickups. However, I listened to their first two albums before the show - prior to that I'd only heard "Lazy Eye", "The Royal We" and "Nightlight". Definitely some gems on those albums, but I'm not sure if they're a band I could get into heavily since their songs have a tendency to drag for me.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 25-11-2022 19:34
Those are all great songs. Some of my other favorites are Mean Spirits, Circadian Rhythm, and Make Believe.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 03-12-2022 20:50
High End [2020] - Ceramic Animal

Yet another vinyl I picked up to transcribe from the lyric sheet.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 03-01-2023 22:42
Annual record store haul! All used CDs with the exception of Let It Be Blue, which I primarily picked up for its lyric sheet.

Let It Be Blue [2022] - !!!
Shake the Shudder [2017] - !!!
Odelay [1996] - Beck
Dreamboat Annie [1976] - Heart
Night and Day [1982] - Joe Jackson
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 03-01-2023 23:52
Out of the Blue [1977] - Electric Light Orchestra

Also just received this on vinyl as a Christmas gift from one of my friends! Last Christmas, I got a vinyl frame with the intention of framing this very album, so I'm going to have to do that sometime soon now.
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 24-02-2023 21:24
What do you think of the Paramore album?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 26-02-2023 15:58
What do you think of the Paramore album?

It was pretty enjoyable! This is now the second album I've heard from them; I'd only heard After Laughter before this which is one of my favorite albums. I mainly just know some of their bigger songs prior to that, but eventually I intend on diving into more of their discography since I really like what I've heard. This album felt like a logical evolution of After Laughter's sound, just with less synthpop influence and more of an emphasis on darker new wave, post-punk and dance-punk. My favorite tracks at the moment are "This Is Why", "The News", "Running Out Of Time", "You First" and "Figure 8", but there's truly no bad tracks here.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 10-07-2023 23:39
The Second Coming [1996] - Napoleon XIV
Petaluma [1972] - Norman Greenbaum

Ordered the second album on vinyl for transcription purposes since it comes with a lyric sheet.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 13-08-2023 22:43
Emotional Creature [2022] - Beach Bunny
emails i can't send [2022] - Sabrina Carpenter

Some special edition anniversary vinyls I bought for my birthday a few weeks ago.
GeraldCruz
GeraldCruz | 18-09-2023 11:28
hi
gość
gość
WYSKOCZYĆ ZAPISAĆ oszczędność ...
Czytaj więcej: