LetsSingIt internett tekster database
no
Følg 0
Dele
Legg til emne
Søke
FireWaterBurn
FireWaterBurn | 08-01-2005 00:57
I also love football, but I feel that no one else knows a thing about sports here..Please, someone know something about the NFL and the playoffs...anyone?

Talk about the NFL here
276 till 300 av 323 kommentarer
side 12 av 13
mikey_boy
mikey_boy | 18-10-2006 15:59
Chicago has the best D
Denver, SD and Balt are not far behind

anybody who has even payed an ounce of attention this year knows that.

anyways. Chicago should have lost ... badly. still counting on my Falcons to pull through even though Leir just got suspeneded and John Abraham still isnt 100%.
Ramdo
Ramdo | 25-12-2006 03:18
BEARS FUCKING RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FrozenPhoenix
FrozenPhoenix | 03-02-2007 05:16
Bears the best D? lmao. Check the stats buddy, their not as good as Baltimore, nor have HALF the talent of the Ravens as a total team. And if ya makes it feel any better, the 2000 Ravens D beat the 85' Bears' D in almost every stat when you compare them. Nice try
realbloke
realbloke | 12-04-2007 22:01
so its come to this has it?

Fighting over who's got the best this, that , the other? ... doesn't amount to Superbowl victory. So, Peyton put the high flying Chicago D to the sword. Thats how it is. Sorry, but anything else, don't mean diddly squat.
sweet_J_
sweet_J_ | 12-04-2007 22:03
After further review....

...the Bears still suck.
PunkRckr8
PunkRckr8 | 12-04-2007 22:08
The Browns are due for a championship

I just had to say it, even though it won't happen for another gazillion years
* offtopic :
gazillion is a real word according to firefox, haha
realbloke
realbloke | 13-04-2007 02:23
yeah the Browns and the Chiefs ...

Browns have the benefit of the draft but the Chiefs always do well stats wise in the regular season. But ... I think those teams are more about the historic and rich tapestry of NFL and no one really expects them to threaten anytime soon.
mikey_boy
mikey_boy | 13-04-2007 04:41
Bears the best D? lmao. Check the stats buddy, their not as good as Baltimore, nor have HALF the talent of the Ravens as a total team. And if ya makes it feel any better, the 2000 Ravens D beat the 85' Bears' D in almost every stat when you compare them. Nice try

who's defense carried them to the Super Bowl this past year, smart ass?
PunkRckr8
PunkRckr8 | 13-04-2007 04:45
But ... I think those teams are more about the historic and rich tapestry of NFL and no one really expects them to threaten anytime soon.

Not unless if by "threaten" you mean "throw beer bottles at the referees and opposing team"

mikey_boy
mikey_boy | 13-04-2007 04:48
if the browns take either Adrian Peterson or Brady Quinn with that 3rd pick, in 3 years they'll be a contender, guaranteed. or, if they could move up and get the Lions pick, since they're looking to trade down, and Raiders pass on Russell, they'll be in a very nice situation.
PunkRckr8
PunkRckr8 | 13-04-2007 04:52
I realize that Brady Quinn would be a great acquisition, but he's such a pretty-boy little bitch of a person, I just don't like the idea of him coming to Cleveland.
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 13-04-2007 04:54
I definetly think the Chiefs can threaten teams. They are a dangerous team... 2nd best running back in the league, a great O-Line... Defense has bene improving, went out and got some quality guys on defense last year. Not saying they are great, but they are definetly in a position to contend.

Reports say the Falcons new coach wants Vick to be more of a pocket passer.

Great, another coach trying to limit the most freakish quarterback ever. Seriously, what's the problem? Why can't Atlanta get a coach that understands Vick is one of a kind and lets him operate doing what he does best? Coaches have slowly turned what could have been a legendary career into an average/good one.
mikey_boy
mikey_boy | 13-04-2007 04:54
true, however, he's got a hell of an arm. honestly, Adrian Peterson i think is the man to go for. you got Charlie Frie, who can be fine tuned but they have no solid running back. they have a running back for a year or 2 then dies off.
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 13-04-2007 04:56
Bears screwed themselves with the Thomas Jones trade with the Jets. Terrible. They will be watching the superbowl on TV this year.

The Pacman Jones suspension is stupid in my opinion. I don't like how the pro sports organizations run their diciplinary shit.
mikey_boy
mikey_boy | 13-04-2007 05:04
man, Pacman has been in trouble with the law the moment he got drafted. i support his suspension. and i support Chris Henry getting suspended a year too. infact, the entire Bengals front office should be suspended for not taking action while 9 players were arrested in less than a year. much like this whole Imus thing. if your going to be paid by an organization to do a duty, you have to be role model on and off the field.
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 13-04-2007 05:07
If your son or daughter looks to professional athletes as role models, then you are doing a poor job as a parent.
PunkRckr8
PunkRckr8 | 13-04-2007 05:08
hey now, I loved Emmit Smith as a kid

but then again, my parents and I aren't exactly peaceful all the time
mikey_boy
mikey_boy | 13-04-2007 05:08
how do you figure? how is looking up to a man like Patrick Roy, Jordan, Lebron, Farve make you a bad parent?
PunkRckr8
PunkRckr8 | 13-04-2007 05:12
* offtopic :
crap, I knew it was "Emmitt" with 2 t's, damn you Firefox spell checker
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 13-04-2007 05:13
What have they done?

They are professional athletes. They make a lot of money playing sports.

Do you really want your kid to grow up focusing on sports in hopes of becoming a professional athlete?
mikey_boy
mikey_boy | 13-04-2007 05:16
no, however i would appreciate my kid growing up to looking up to these athletes who work there ass off to do what they do. i could care less how much they get paid, a ten year old kid isnt concerned with that when they're watching there favorite hockey player score the game winning goal in overtime. they're concerned about much that player means to them and how basically that player is there hero. there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
PunkRckr8
PunkRckr8 | 13-04-2007 05:26
yeah, I never looked up to athletes thinking "that's exactly what I'm going to do when I grow up", it was just fun and exciting to focus on someone in the spotlight
mikey_boy
mikey_boy | 13-04-2007 05:29
Curt, its kind of how we both as watching Mike Vick doing what he does best .... make people miss. it gives us shivers and excites. we dont strive to be exactly like him and grow up to be an NFL Quarterback. its just fun to watch someone we truly appreciate and admire.
realbloke
realbloke | 14-04-2007 13:07
Bucephalus wrote:

Do you really want your kid to grow up focusing on sports in hopes of becoming a professional athlete?

certainly you're not suggesting that we focus on politics in the hopes of becoming ... Bush? (shudder and shake ... its OK ... I'm NOT from the U.S)

You're right about the Chiefs though. Its just that history isn't on their side. And one has to go with history. I don't know about Herm Edwards though. Eagles didn't get great mileage outta the guy and the sales pitch KC was spnning when he first came into the Chiefs camp was very unconvincing. He kind've looked out of place with the Chiefs franchise. Doesn't have that feel of a winners backbone in a coach y'know? especially after a legend like Vermeil (spelling) retires. Sad really because Herm has got some good athletes to play around with.

Nice to see some more Black Coaches right up there with the best of the rest in the NFL. Made the last SB that little bit more ... special
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 15-04-2007 05:44
Who cares about black coaches? The NFL's anti-racism policies are creating more racism. It's blatant too and nobody says a damn word about it.

Until this Super bowl, a lot of blakc people whined about not having enough black coaches, blah blah. Well, if there were black people good enough for the job, they would have it.. Fact is, there just aren't many black men out there good enough for the position.

See, the NFL has a rule that states whenever you are hiring a new coach, you HAVE to interview a black coach...What about an Asian or Hispanic coach? I don't think there are any of them. It's racist. I hate how the NFL does shit... Fining players for wearing socks too high, etc.

I understand about the "hero" thing amongst players... But a lot of people grow up idolizing and loving certian players, then find out through meeting them or TV interviews, or whatever that their hero is a dickhead. If I were a parent, I'd want my children looking up to me as their hero.

I met Hall of Fame MLB player Tony Gwynn and he was a complete arrogant asshole who didn't give a shit about his fans. And he's a good guy in everyone's eyes. It just sorta dampers your perception on athletes. I guess it's just a letdown.
gjest
gjest
SPRETTE UT LAGRE sparer ...
Les mer: