World Cup Of Hockey!

Følg 1
Dele
Legg til emne
Søke
jsimms52
jsimms52 | 30-08-2004 18:17
Hello fellow hockey fans
I just wanted to see if anyone here is watching or is going to watch any of the games from the World Cup
AND...
Id like to see who you think will win it this year
If you are a fan of hockey...id suggest that you watch every game that you can because there isn't going to be a season in the NHL as of this moment so this will be all the hockey you will get for a while so watch it while you can!!!

My predicition is that Canada will win....i think US will put up a good fight with us and maybe they might win it but I think this could be good

Hope to see what you guys think of it
101 till 109 av 109 kommentarer
side 5 av 5
Shauna_me
Shauna_me | 15-09-2004 04:22
YA!!! canada rules... i wish i had a canadian flag emotion to display on here..lol.. (now that'd be cool)!!!!!!!!!!!!
nasse
nasse | 15-09-2004 14:58
Im guite diasppointed that we (the finns) lost.
I dont really get why it's such "a surprise" that team Finland was in the finals. It's not like we've just started iceskating?! Ok we were underdogs against Canada but there was a canadian female reporter in the finals who asked Selänne about the game against Sweden and how we managed to pull through, I was like "Lady check your fackts cause since when have we been the underdogs against Sweden?"
Anyway a good game from Canada, congratulations!

Finlands 2-2 goal by Tuomo Ruutu was fantastic!
Dekar
Dekar | 15-09-2004 18:05
I'm happy Canada won, but I agree that Finland weren't really that much of underdogs. They're a great team and always have been. I personally don't think Sweden is that much of a hockey power, and the Czechs aren't nearly as good as they used to be. If all rosters were healthy, I'd have said that the Slovaks were the favourites to win.
nasse
nasse | 15-09-2004 19:49
Yes Slovakia what happend to them They've always been so gutsy..
nasse
nasse | 15-09-2004 19:55
Im proud of finland I mean there arent that many of us but just enough to gather together greate hockey teams like this one
jsimms52
jsimms52 | 15-09-2004 22:40
i believe finland has mainly always been an underdog against sweden...finland doesnt have even half as much firepower as sweden does...and just recently youve gotten a good goalie...mind you swedens goaltending is a big issue cuz they cant pull through it big situations....i think and i believe a lot of ppl will agree with me....i think the main reason finland made it to the finals...is cuz of kipprusoff...yes a few teams you would have beat with or without kipper but against sweden...i believe kipper kept you in that game
his stellar performance from the playoffs carried into the world cup and he was amazing and helped finland get to the finals....dont get me wrong here...i think finland deserved to be there cuz they beat every team they faced ('cept for sweden which they tied)...but i was surprised to see them even get a point from sweden...there team is stacked...there goaltending has a big question mark there but thats where there offense and defense kicks in...you look at finlands lineup and a lot of there players have never played a game in the nhl and since the world cup was under nhl rules...it wasnt in there favour...they are not experienced as a lot of the bigger teams like canada, us, and sweden...but ive got to congratulate Finland on an awesome run and sorry we had to beat ya
nasse
nasse | 16-09-2004 12:12
JISIMM sth: I belive there was only two players that didn't play in the NHL so I guess you didn't look well enough. And I think Iv seen more Sweden Finland matches than you so I think I may be right about the fackt that theres no knowing whos gonna win when we face.
(World championship -95 in Stockholm Finland - sweden 4-1) Your'e right Kiprusoff was obivously a big part of the team but dont you canadians allso have a guite good golie. And it's not the goaltender who made 17 goals in six matches, right? Id just like to point out that we made it to the finals as team just like when we took pronze from canada in Nagano.. Sorry but im so sick and tired for being underrestimated for so long. well its a thing we little countries just have to bare.

LONG LIVE HOCKEY
Shoepolish
Shoepolish | 19-09-2004 05:08
kiitos soumilainen and iam a routsilainen hey thats anout as much finnish i knoew but i got a finnsih dud in my platoon and he is nice and ia from sthlm and ive been in halsinki several time buit still my heart will still stay in three crowns the swedish national haockey team long live the scandivanian s
nasse
nasse | 19-09-2004 16:09
Okei de där var ganska bra finska
gjest
gjest
SPRETTE UT LAGRE sparer ...
Les mer: