CaptainStabbin | 14-01-2019 02:43
Official premier date April 14th 2019.

Teaser trailer below:

[B] Spoilers ahead!!![/b]
126 till 150 av 155 kommentarer
side 6 av 7
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 13-05-2019 02:40
7 great seasons and this is the 8th season? This piece of shit is what we get?
misfitgurl444
misfitgurl444 | 13-05-2019 02:46
You can tell they put more effort into closing the show up than into the story
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 13-05-2019 02:47
She's going to be worried about everyone now. She's going crazy. She's gonna end just like her dad.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 13-05-2019 03:08
Jaime's character goes from being deplorable in Season 1; then through a 7 season redemption making him into a good man and it's all for nothing. He ends up right back he started with Cersei.
Cleganebowl was underwhelming to say the least.
fishmunky
fishmunky | 13-05-2019 10:29
i saw someone posit, what would you have done differently in this episode.

The answer is of course noting, you've backed yourself into a corner trying to tie up about 15 storylines in 180 minutes. That's the central complaint, you can't do anything differently because you wrote yourself into a corner since you gave yourself a hard end date

honestly i feel like this season was only 6 episodes long because Benioff and Weiss knew they couldn't close this show in a satisfactory manner so they did it as quickly as possible to spare us the agony.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 13-05-2019 13:06
I didn't hate the episode... it was really cool to see the whole city torched, but I wish it was built up better and I wish we had more than one episode to watch the aftermath. It does bother me that she destroyed pretty much everything with one dragon tho. We've had two seasons of "how do we beat Cersei?" And the whole time the answer was just piss off Dany. All the strategizing, fighting, drama for nothing.
Biggest thing that bothered me is how they dangled Tyrion trying to be the hero and then just shit all over it. He's got no leverage now for letting Jamie go and I don't think he'll even care, because the plan failed miserably. He couldn't save anyone. She just destroyed him completely.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 13-05-2019 13:53
Apparently I was wrong with the previous picture... this was actually him
fishmunky
fishmunky | 13-05-2019 14:36
The initial siege was incredible, that whole scene with her and the dragon and her forces just laying waste was incredible.

It was once the war crimes started that the episode ran right the fuck off the rails. I get that mad queen Dany was always the plan, it even makes sense, the motivations make sense. The timing and writing don't

We've had 3 different big bads in 3 straight episodes. We went from the night king, to Cersei to Dany in very short order. This stuff in a good season would have been drawn out over several episodes, with more insight into character motivation. Only Tyrion gets any kind of character arc and it all falls flat because no one else gets an opportunity to be interesting

This episode was a couple of great action set pieces surrounded by some of the laziest writing of the series so far.

Oh well gotta watch one more episode where they can try and tie up the remaining 12 storylines in 80 minutes.

So much for Aragorn's tax policy.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 13-05-2019 15:54
Agreed the beginning was great. When she fucked up the iron fleet, demolished the scorpions and blasted open the gate I was excited for the episode. I thought we were finally on track again. I thought for a minute that the bell wasnt going to be rung and that Dany would fly to the red keep, look Cersei in the eye and Dracaris it up.
But no, we got Dany the person who for 8 seasons has been the "for the people" person deciding to murder everybody; women, kids, children for no reason other than bloodlust. We get the honorable North deciding to sack Kings Landing like the Lannisters did during Robert's Rebellion. We get the redemption arc for Jaime Lannister being a waste of 8 seasons. We get Tyrion who was once the cleverest of them all being useless for 5 episodes so far.
All the suffering so far and Cersei was the better queen.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 13-05-2019 16:29
It's not the side of her that we wanted, but it doesn't surprise me (and it's not the first time we've seen it, just the worst). She always put the "fire and blood" shit out there when it came time for strategizing, but she always had Varys, Tyrion and Jorah telling her it was wrong. She no longer trusts two of those and the third is gone, so she's on her own and she's crazy... so bad decisions are made.

The rest i agree with you tho. The North (and even the Unsullied and Dothraki) turning to basic savages when left to their own devices, Jamie being basically a waste of oxygen, any attempt at Tyrion having an ending he'll be proud of, even Cersei's death, all crap.
Honestly, even toasting the Iron Fleet was crap. She lost two dragons to flying spears in much more isolated situations, but let's fly head first into a bay full of ships with spears waiting and no backup... it was cool as fuck, but so, so stupid.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 13-05-2019 22:02
Meh. It was the most disappointing episode of television I've ever seen.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 16-05-2019 18:14
I have been told how it ends from a reliable source. You will not be pleased
Joeyy
Joeyy | 16-05-2019 18:50
A friend read a leak and (I asked) told me. But she said she figures there's probably a number of different leaks.
misfitgurl444
misfitgurl444 | 20-05-2019 01:41
I expected all these deaths to be better
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 20-05-2019 01:41
Saw that coming...

And that fucking dragon gets it better than anyone.
misfitgurl444
misfitgurl444 | 20-05-2019 02:19
Spin off: Adventures with Arya
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 20-05-2019 02:21
So how exactly do you rebuild an ice wall after a dragon plows through it? Cuz it's looking pretty solid again
misfitgurl444
misfitgurl444 | 20-05-2019 02:23
Lol that's what my husband said. A lot of water? Pee? Who knows.

I was hoping Bran would become the dragon
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 20-05-2019 02:36
I was hoping someone would tell Grey Worm to shut his stupid growly face up. I know it was supposed to be ironic. Dany "liberated" all these people only for her/them to become what they had destroyed... but his stupid smug look, i wanted to punch him.

Over all, ended about how i expected. Though i thought they would rally behind Jon, it makes sense why they didn't.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 20-05-2019 02:42
Just gonna point out tho... better ending than True Blood.
fishmunky
fishmunky | 20-05-2019 12:19
It was the best ending possible considering how lacklustre the season had been to that point

Some stuff wrapped up in ways that were satisfying, others much less so. If I ever rewatch the show I'll probably stop at season 6
Joeyy
Joeyy | 20-05-2019 14:06
It was fine. Best possible ending after the last couple of episodes.

This show built up some of the strongest female characters we've ever seen on TV, promised a lot for them, and ultimately gave them nothing. I'm going back to Buffy.
fishmunky
fishmunky | 20-05-2019 14:49
I honestly think that's why they gave Sansa the ending they did. They did showed every other female in a position of power (save maybe lyanna mormont) as a bloodthirsty tyrant unable to be trusted. Had to have some immediate favoritism to the north so they could end with one female ruler not killing subjects en masse.

It's a bummer that soooooo many of the plot points of the last 3 seasons ended up being meaningless.
CaptainStabbin
CaptainStabbin | 21-05-2019 01:10
I'm going to put forth a theory and I'm interested to see your takes.

Bran is the big bad; or to be more accurate, the three eyed raven is. The three eyed raven is essentially an immortal parasite that goes from host to host to survive. Manipulating its host with the memories of the past, changing how their minds function and disconnecting them from anything that anchors them to the real world. We know the host of the three eyed raven can live far longer than any typical human (the last one was 125 years old) and it has now been placed in a position of absolute power.
When he dies, they'll just choose a new king right? Well whats to stop the three-eyed raven from jumping into that host next?
What if the night kings true goal wasn't to destroy the world, but instead to protect it from what the three eyed raven will do?
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 21-05-2019 01:30
Fuck, that's a good theory. And it makes the ending seem much less boring
gjest
gjest
SPRETTE UT LAGRE sparer ...
Les mer: