Potentially fake songs?

Følg 2
Dele
Legg til emne
Søke
music_junkie
music_junkie | 10-03-2018 14:12
hi folks

i didn't see another existing active topic that fits this situation, and its been coming up more often as i moderate, so i thought id bring this up here (and maybe vent a bit...)

I'm not the world's biggest Adele fan so I could be wrong, but i have done my due diligence and find nothing that validates the existence of this as a real song:

Adele - For An Eternity

i originally went to edit & clean up the format of the lyrics & add the missing video, but when no video was found i dug deeper now i think its a fake song & sb deleted.

its not on her official webs or wiki/other discogs, ok it could be part of a live performance snippet but from what? why no video found? i also took time to read the lyrics in this song and they are kinda nonsensical... almost like a baaaad translation. lots of typos and fragmented sentences that seem to be missing words. exact replicas with this messy format are on several other lyrics sites... which tells me its replicated & spread like a virus.

so im gonna request to delete this song unless anyone has an argument to keep it (preferably with supporting facts of its existence as real), because as a human moderator not a robot [ahem cough cough SNAP], I'd like to think we can & should exercise our common sense, keep LSI data clean and not just be sheep that copies all other webs data just because it exists elsewhere....

am i right??
8 kommentarer
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 10-03-2018 20:22
That may be another singer named Adele.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 11-03-2018 04:27
Yeah, that looks fake to me. One of the disadvantages of internet lyric sites is that anyone can submit a fake song and it can spread to other sites like wildfire. Wouldn't be the first time by any means...

The only results for this song on Google are other lyric sites, which is usually a tell-tale sign that it's fake.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 11-03-2018 06:36
I put in a request for deletion.
music_junkie
music_junkie | 11-03-2018 12:39
thanks everyone glad im not in the minority
roxcyn
roxcyn | 12-03-2018 21:56
Update: the deletion was approved.
music_junkie
music_junkie | 12-03-2018 22:15
thanks again for the update
Ray
Ray | 06-05-2018 14:41
Nice catch, this song. Thumbs up for the research and creating this topic when not exactly sure what to do. Also nice work of the others to join this conversation and think along.
goretski
goretski | 17-09-2018 16:41
This is what this site is all about!
gjest
gjest
SPRETTE UT LAGRE sparer ...
Les mer: