Rename this artist please

Følg 7
Dele
Legg til emne
Søke
Ray
Ray | 21-01-2016 14:09
Correct an artist name

In this topic you can request a name change of an artist. Of course, be 100% sure the artist needs to be renamed. Check Wikipedia, Google or any other resources. Include this info in you post, that is very helpful for the reviewers!

So when do we rename an artist?

1. Misspelled

The most common reason to change a name is because it's simply misspelled.

When not to request a name change

1. The artist with the correct spelling already exists

If the artist is already listed on LSI with the correct spelling (check this by doing a search), then the misspelled artist map should be deleted. You can request this in the Remove This Artist Please topic.

2. The artist changed their name

It's not uncommon that artists change their name. On LSI we add this new name as new map and link the old name to this new map. For artist name changes you can use the New Way Of Dealing With Artist Name Changes.

How to request a name change request in this topic

1. mention the artist name that needs to be renamed
2. link the name to its map using the LSI artist-tag
3. mention the reason for the rename
4. mention the new name

*text updated 24-09-2020 by Ray*
151 till 155 av 155 kommentarer
side 7 av 7
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 04-09-2020 21:52
Alexa should be AleXa (알렉사) .
ATESGUNES
ATESGUNES | 25-10-2020 00:51
Hello dear moderators,
This time I will want something different, would you please change an artist who is not in the archive from another who has been archived twice?
Turku Yeni should be "Ezginin Günlüğü"

* offtopic :
Because duplicated band called Yeni Türkü is already in database.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 25-10-2020 01:32
@ATESGUNES I have created a page for Ezginin Günlüğü, transferred the two Turku Yeni songs into Yeni Türkü's map and deleted the duplicate map. We don't "rename" duplicate artists to other unrelated artists not yet in the database, if that's what you're requesting. If an artist is not in the database yet, just submit the new artist page using the Add Artist option.
Revan1st
Revan1st | 18-03-2021 17:33
I messed up, I messed up, upon registering a new Artist I read wrong. I should have double checked!
Steve Goldstein should have Goldshein instead.
I'm sorry for the mess.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 19-03-2021 01:08
I messed up, I messed up, upon registering a new Artist I read wrong. I should have double checked!
Steve Goldstein should have Goldshein instead.
I'm sorry for the mess.

No need to apologize, it happens! Just renamed it
gjest
gjest
SPRETTE UT LAGRE sparer ...
Les mer: