LetsSingIt internett tekster database
no
Følg 2
Dele
Legg til emne
Søke
Joeyy
Joeyy | 23-08-2010 23:16
So most of you probably haven't noticed yet, but the Htd1 account is gone from LSI. If you're wondering why, you'll find a clear explanation here.

If you don't wanna bother reading it all, here's the short version of the story:

Gabriel is not who he says he is. For the past years, he's been using Michael C's pictures. He's also made up a girl called Brianna Casella – who, in real life, is Mallory D Mike's girlfriend for the past two years as she said herself. Second part of the message

Mike and Mallory's photos have been uploaded by multiple people (their friends) in multiple albums under these names. All their friends in the photos are tagged. Notice that this is not like Gabe's, where only him and Brianna are usually tagged, and only they comment. There is also a video of Michael and Mallory together where you can hear the woman (supposedly Brianna) being called Mallory ("Mal").

So yes. Gabriel lied to us all for the past 8 years. Full explanation below.

Gabriel always claimed to be British, born in Manchester. And yet, you will find no record of his birth on findmypast.co.uk, while other british LSIers can easily be found. Not under his middle name, not under a different city, nothing.

Gabe is the only one who ever comments on Brianna's photos (bearing in mind that 'Brianna' appears to be a very outgoing woman); Gabe is the only one to be tagged in most of Brianna's photos; Brianna often seems to respond very quickly to things Gabe has said; and most of Brianna's profile is on private (despite the fact that she has no problem openly embarrassing herself on Gabe's profile). Surely no woman would degrade and humiliate herself the way Brianna does.

More recently, he would not meet Kara, although he loved her and was feeling suicidal because of her. They were only 2 hours away, why wouldn't they meet? Or speak on the phone? Gabriel would only leave her voicemails with a funny british accent. Also, he wouldn't give her his address, nor allow her to drive to his city.

And, oddly enough, health issues would always get in the way of them meeting. Although Kara called the hospitals, and no Gabriel Matthews was ever checked in. Even though he said he was.

If you looked at his friends lists on Facebook (it has since been deleted) you may have noticed that they are mostly members from LSI. Out of 84 friends, 70 something are LSI members.

Like 'Brianna', Gabe appears from his photos to be an outgoing person, right? His hockey; his partying (mostly in the past due to his apparent sickness, but he did mention going out recently); his friends from the photographs he has. Why aren't these people on his Facebook? It's curious that he had supposedly lived in Manchester (or even the UK) for years, but had no one on his Facebook who he went to school with here or hung out with here (the only British people there are ones from LSI). Gabe calls Brianna "just an old fuck buddy", but his pictures imply otherwise. Not only do they show the two at parties together, but they show them at what looks like either holidays or family gatherings; at events such as the sorority ones... and Gabe had said he had spent a Christmas with Brianna. Still, we thought maybe they were simply closer friends than he has tried to imply.

In one of those Brianna pictures, she was wearing a sorority t-shirt. Chi Omega to be more precise. Using different Penn State and sorority websites, no record can be found of a Brianna Casella at a Penn State sorority. Also no available records for inline hockey online, other than statistics and main players (no Gabriel Matthews there). Nor a roster of both the US team and the British team, as Gabe has apparently claimed to play for both.

Eventually, through the PSU sorority websites, Mike and Mallory were found.

Mike's PSU Page

Photos of Mallory by Others

More

Video of Mike, notice you can't tell if he knows he's being filmed

Video on CollegeHumor uploaded by Mike

Clip of Mallory's birthday – listen to them call her Mal

____

This was a collaborative effort between myself, Caleb, Bruna. Kara and Carole have been informed.
926 till 950 av 1,025 kommentarer
side 38 av 41
Sjakalen4
Sjakalen4 | 31-08-2010 14:33
He might be this roleplaying person but I think there's a point where the roleplay stops and some deeper identity issue is going on. I personally don't think that it's roleplaying because after 8 years, you would think one would be bored and/or inconsistent.
talula68082
talula68082 | 31-08-2010 15:16
+++ Caleb's post. and it can be called roleplaying until that person exploits other people's trust on a personal level.
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 31-08-2010 15:34
WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT FACTS.

this thread wasnt created solely to pinpoint the exact reasons gabe lied or for us to be detectives. this isn't a court hearing, we dont need to collect evidence and facts and piece this all together.. to NOT speculte on what happened would be weird in itself. so lets STFU about this "speculation gets us nowhere" shit. if anyone here truly wanted to find out the real gabe, they wouldve done so by now.
Dagor
Dagor | 31-08-2010 15:40
so you just want to speculate out of self-indulgence?
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 31-08-2010 15:48
hell yea

this is just some crazy shit.. why wouldnt i wanna talk about it for the hell of it. LSI is the only place on earth where anything to do with gabe even makes sense to anyone so why the hell wouldnt i speculate here.

you were saying sometihng like "omg 950 replies and we havent got anywhere." this whole topic youve just been minimizing it as much as possible (by trying to make it sound like gabes situation is closely related to all of us) and trying to stop discussion.
Dagor
Dagor | 31-08-2010 16:00
at least you're honest about it

and no, as I said, I don't want to stop discussion .. just carry on
Arual_92
Arual_92 | 31-08-2010 20:29
Why ever would you lie about your identity for 8 years.. ok this is virtual, anyone can lie about who they are people do it all the time but having to collect other people's photos and information?? yikes surely this person cannot be happy with who they really are, can they? I agree with previous posts.. we all roleplay, there are different forms of our personality which will be expressed depending on whom you're with and stuff, it's perfectly normal. But pretending to be someone else for 8 years consecutively is weird and slightly worrying.
Shira88
Shira88 | 31-08-2010 23:19
Wow. Shame.
My first thought was that I feel sorry for the guy, whatever made him pretend to be someone for whole 8 years.
Then I thoguht he hurt a lot of people during those long years, so I don't really want to feel sorry for him (her? them?), but I till feel somewhat sad for them.
I don't know, must be something harsh. I don't think he just liked messing with poeple's lives. But I don't want to speculate.
He was a good friend a very long time back, when I needed a friend. So I'll hold that to him.
NightHobbit
NightHobbit | 31-08-2010 23:26
hopefully one day he'll come back and explain what drove him to it.
littlemsboo
littlemsboo | 11-09-2010 21:32
Hey this is mallibooti as same of you may know me lol and grew NOT to like me over the years lol okay so I recently decided to come back and see how everyone was doing and came across this and felt bad not only for the ones who got to "know" this person but the people who thought they knew me now lol I know exactly why someone would do this and I thought I would sign in once I read this so I could comment when I was born in torrance,ca idk if you guys knew or I told you an all white neighbor hood into my papas house because my nana died he then kicked us out we couldnt afford it so in the 4th grade i moved to an all black mexican neighbor hood where i was constantly beat down lmao i know its funny but sad not literually but mentally because i was white so 8th grade ish i came across this and at first kinda told the truth then realized i might actually get attention or be accepted my mom i always had to talk to but i never felt she listened so i made up (some) shitty stories most of the people i did mention was true and yes all the pictures are me lol even the slutty boob one hahahaha stupid but whatever so anyways i ended up getting sick and isolating myself kinda from the world became depressed and actually all the lies i told did beat me down made everything in my life that was already bad worse (didnt have the best childhood btw everything of that case was true) all in which eventually lead to a 375mg tempt of suicide because im over dramatic and got into a fight with my mom and did it which did also have some part to do with the lies getting to me found out lol i was bipolar now getting help cut myself off from this and actually made a life for myself yay!!! me lol anyways i ended up thinking of lsi came on again found this and it spoke to me like dude make closure so I actually kinda feel bad for this guy there must be something in his life that actually has got to him 8 years ago and got addicted to the web life like I did I stopped all the jazz in like feb or march still kinda talk to some lsi people a little bit but I want to tell everyone I'm really sorry lol and sorry for telling my life story lol freaking nuts i had to do it before i went shopping because being the crazy i am it would have bugged me lol until i wrote i hope everyone could forgive all the immature stuff i said ever like ever in my life on this site all the dirty nasties i have said and i seriously hope this guy finds a life like i did and finally quit home schooling and went back for junior now senior year of high school i am 18 and i really am malory not the chick on here my name just so happens to be malory lol haha please please forgive me i am going to delete my account i have a facebook though if anyone wants to add lol you dont have to believe it i know some of you already knew but whatever im working on myself and i do know why someone would do this because im kinda on of the idiots who did just not as bad again sorry for the rant bye!!!! everyone ohh malory cappello for who ever wants to add lol
welshgirllowri
welshgirllowri | 12-09-2010 00:15
Um... what?
xsazx
xsazx | 12-09-2010 00:28
^ Lol.

You guys are still speculating about this? O.o
omnicosmo
omnicosmo | 12-09-2010 03:30
wow...didn't realize what i walked into when i commented on those other posts....i might as well have jumped on a landmine...
Lvd4
Lvd4 | 12-09-2010 19:43
dude, you're a retard.
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 18-06-2013 03:23
In my spare time I will be reopening this case and assuming my role as chief detective.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 18-06-2013 04:51
This will likely be the cold case that sits on your desk and haunts you for all your career, Curt.
Can't believe it's been two years since all of that though. I still wonder wtf possessed him to lie like that for so long sometimes. Still creeps me out too.
exhumedneuron
exhumedneuron | 18-06-2013 05:56
it probably stems from being uncomfortable and insecure in your own skin. most teenagers go through a phase where they feel the need to hide, change, or bend the truth to feel liked and approved of. his case seemed to be an extreme of that.

while a creepy/pitiful incident, I was rather fascinated by the psyche behind it all
Joeyy
Joeyy | 18-06-2013 14:33
Yeah, I don't think you're going to get anywhere, Curt. I can't remember what's been said and I'm too lazy to look through right now, but whoever it was became too intimidating in their behaviour and was tracked down by the police and given a warning.

I was taking a Psychology of Cyberspace module at the time (actually, afterwards, I think) and spoke about this in one of the lectures about online deception. It makes for pretty interesting stuff.
Cheater138
Cheater138 | 18-06-2013 19:57
So the cops actually did figure out who it was? I didn't hear about that part.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 18-06-2013 22:05
That's what I was told, yeah.
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 19-06-2013 01:24
By who? Chief detective needs all the information. The Naked Gun trilogy has trained me for this moment and I shall shine.
Schatzi
Schatzi | 19-06-2013 05:41
I just remember being really happy that I was never close with him because creeptasticness.
megdoll187
megdoll187 | 21-10-2015 04:49
Ever solve the case Curt?
FireWaterBurn6
FireWaterBurn6 | 22-10-2015 05:34
No, Kara and Carole were really the two who could have provided the most info and neither provided me any info. I did have his phone number but it was immediately cancelled. I'm sure someone could have used the number to figure out who it was in some way. It wouldn't surprise me if Carol or Kara did. Looking back now it's all hilarious through a certain lens and stupidly pathetic through another.
Schatzi
Schatzi | 22-10-2015 05:37
Years later still just happy i was never friends with him. I always knew there was something seriously off with him.
gjest
gjest
SPRETTE UT LAGRE sparer ...
Les mer: