LetsSingIt internett tekster database
no
Følg 2
Dele
Legg til emne
Søke
Joeyy
Joeyy | 23-08-2010 23:16
So most of you probably haven't noticed yet, but the Htd1 account is gone from LSI. If you're wondering why, you'll find a clear explanation here.

If you don't wanna bother reading it all, here's the short version of the story:

Gabriel is not who he says he is. For the past years, he's been using Michael C's pictures. He's also made up a girl called Brianna Casella – who, in real life, is Mallory D Mike's girlfriend for the past two years as she said herself. Second part of the message

Mike and Mallory's photos have been uploaded by multiple people (their friends) in multiple albums under these names. All their friends in the photos are tagged. Notice that this is not like Gabe's, where only him and Brianna are usually tagged, and only they comment. There is also a video of Michael and Mallory together where you can hear the woman (supposedly Brianna) being called Mallory ("Mal").

So yes. Gabriel lied to us all for the past 8 years. Full explanation below.

Gabriel always claimed to be British, born in Manchester. And yet, you will find no record of his birth on findmypast.co.uk, while other british LSIers can easily be found. Not under his middle name, not under a different city, nothing.

Gabe is the only one who ever comments on Brianna's photos (bearing in mind that 'Brianna' appears to be a very outgoing woman); Gabe is the only one to be tagged in most of Brianna's photos; Brianna often seems to respond very quickly to things Gabe has said; and most of Brianna's profile is on private (despite the fact that she has no problem openly embarrassing herself on Gabe's profile). Surely no woman would degrade and humiliate herself the way Brianna does.

More recently, he would not meet Kara, although he loved her and was feeling suicidal because of her. They were only 2 hours away, why wouldn't they meet? Or speak on the phone? Gabriel would only leave her voicemails with a funny british accent. Also, he wouldn't give her his address, nor allow her to drive to his city.

And, oddly enough, health issues would always get in the way of them meeting. Although Kara called the hospitals, and no Gabriel Matthews was ever checked in. Even though he said he was.

If you looked at his friends lists on Facebook (it has since been deleted) you may have noticed that they are mostly members from LSI. Out of 84 friends, 70 something are LSI members.

Like 'Brianna', Gabe appears from his photos to be an outgoing person, right? His hockey; his partying (mostly in the past due to his apparent sickness, but he did mention going out recently); his friends from the photographs he has. Why aren't these people on his Facebook? It's curious that he had supposedly lived in Manchester (or even the UK) for years, but had no one on his Facebook who he went to school with here or hung out with here (the only British people there are ones from LSI). Gabe calls Brianna "just an old fuck buddy", but his pictures imply otherwise. Not only do they show the two at parties together, but they show them at what looks like either holidays or family gatherings; at events such as the sorority ones... and Gabe had said he had spent a Christmas with Brianna. Still, we thought maybe they were simply closer friends than he has tried to imply.

In one of those Brianna pictures, she was wearing a sorority t-shirt. Chi Omega to be more precise. Using different Penn State and sorority websites, no record can be found of a Brianna Casella at a Penn State sorority. Also no available records for inline hockey online, other than statistics and main players (no Gabriel Matthews there). Nor a roster of both the US team and the British team, as Gabe has apparently claimed to play for both.

Eventually, through the PSU sorority websites, Mike and Mallory were found.

Mike's PSU Page

Photos of Mallory by Others

More

Video of Mike, notice you can't tell if he knows he's being filmed

Video on CollegeHumor uploaded by Mike

Clip of Mallory's birthday – listen to them call her Mal

____

This was a collaborative effort between myself, Caleb, Bruna. Kara and Carole have been informed.
51 till 75 av 1,025 kommentarer
side 3 av 41
NightHobbit
NightHobbit | 24-08-2010 11:30
Maybe he actually believes his lies? Like he told them often enough he created this world where his own lies were truth kind of thing. Gah! too much thinking.
Dagor
Dagor | 24-08-2010 11:31
BTW. are we sure that Gabe and this Mike aren't the same person? Maybe his gf just doesn't know that he had a fake identity.
NightHobbit
NightHobbit | 24-08-2010 11:35
Good point guess we'll never know though.
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 24-08-2010 11:38
and with a girlfriend like that, would you really bother to create an alternative life where you only have problems to get people's attention online? i'd be getting busy instead

no but seriously. if this was mike, why would he refuse to show his face?
Dagor
Dagor | 24-08-2010 11:41
Frankly, I wouldn't want to feed all those who make things up and believe it. Over the years I came to the conclusion that those kind of people are concentrated on forums. It's pretty easy for them to live a 'normal' existance on forums without being unmasked. In real life they wouldn't get away with that.

Even on this forum, I have serious doubts about half the people that are on here. Not globally, but what isolated stories here and there are concerned. That is what is preventing me in general from becoming friends with internet contacts. Allthough probably a lot of people confuse already real friendship with this kind of internet contact.
Dagor
Dagor | 24-08-2010 11:42
You don't think that 'Gabe' won't be around here anymore, do you? Who knows how many other accounts he has or will create.
JDolla
JDolla | 24-08-2010 11:47
^exactly
nanki_c
nanki_c | 24-08-2010 11:48
That's a disturbing thought.
Pandora
Pandora | 24-08-2010 11:48
it all adds up pretty well though.. just like a while back I got these random text messages from 'Kristin' telling me about G being in surgery and all this.. when I hadn't talk to him in quite a while.. it's like he just wanted the attention from it all... because I know I wouldn't text any random girl friends of Jeremy's no matter what he was going through.. and I even bought him a birthday card years ago and he would never give me his address to send it.. mostly I guess because he thought I might try to trace it or something?

I was always bothered with him never wanting to meet carole though, I guess after a while that should have been a red flare, but we've learned to trust each other over the years.

not to mention... does anyone remember the pictures that he posted years ago when we first all had pictures of ourselves up here? and he was this tall skinny kid with like a black collared shirt and lepoard print skate shoes or something like that? with twisted dreads and all.. ? it always seemed a bit odd that suddenly he was this built/darker skined atheletic guy all of the sudden... but I just kinda said okay..

and haha if he was sposed to be british .. why didn't he look british? he even looks like a Michael Carducci.

maybe he was maya too.. =)

rockon
tabitha
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 24-08-2010 11:48
to be honest i don't really care if he comes back or not. you're right about the internet making us more insensitive and i already think twice before believing everything i read.
JDolla
JDolla | 24-08-2010 11:50
maybe he was maya too.. =)

maybe he was santa...
NightHobbit
NightHobbit | 24-08-2010 11:52
He looks like an American to me if you know what I mean. I didn't know he was meant to be British by the way he'd talk and stuff I thought he was American. Maybe all these accounts are for his different personalities I don't know. Tabby you make some very valid points too.
Dagor
Dagor | 24-08-2010 11:56
yeah, i recall those pics, Tabby .. it struck me as odd back then, and I was thinking about that now too why it didn't make me more suspicious.

very true .. Carducci is so much more fitting.

well, it's not that I distrust each and every one. I always give them the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes things get improbably though, and then I automatically keep a distance.

It's a different thing if people post on here that they got wasted last night in the pub or if they shagged this enormously good-looking, head-giving girl
JDolla
JDolla | 24-08-2010 11:58
he looks like a jersey frat boy, which is the picture he stole
Pandora
Pandora | 24-08-2010 11:58
I've always enjoyed this forum for the conversation and the debate, but in years passed I've realized to take everything here at face value and for only the little that it is worth. There are real things about each person here.. I doubt he lied in all of his conversation or his opinions on things.. I wonder if his poetry was real, it seems like something that a sad and confused person would write.

If you put it all together, I think you can realize what may have been true and what was all a lie. He was a sad depressed person, you could tell by his anger and his writing... he used the pictures of some he thought people would be interested in to get the attention that he wanted.. it happens.

maybe it's because people are too shallow heh, in the end when someone has to build this huge facade to hide who they are.. we can only look to ourselves and wonder why they couldn't come across with complete truth...

rockon
tabitha
Dagor
Dagor | 24-08-2010 12:03
very true, Tabby. I stopped automatically condemning people like that. It's very hard to deal with .. and of course you want people to build up enough self-confidence to cut that out completely and change .. but that is easy to say if nothing happened to you that might have ruined your self-confidence completely
Barakine
Barakine | 24-08-2010 12:03
Yay.
Just for the sake of it.

Ah, does everyone really view each other with such suspicion here? Somewhat uncomfortable. Or maybe it's my mistake.

I just wonder what it feels like to dissolve. Hm.
NightHobbit
NightHobbit | 24-08-2010 12:04
If you put it all together, I think you can realize what may have been true and what was all a lie. He was a sad depressed person, you could tell by his anger and his writing... he used the pictures of some he thought people would be interested in to get the attention that he wanted.. it happens.

that sort of makes sense now you put things that way.
Pandora
Pandora | 24-08-2010 12:07
I always thought that people online would be more real than they were in 'real life'... just because you had a chance to be yourself without everyones prior knowledge of all your misfortunes... But I guess some people just really don't like themselves =\

rockon
tabitha
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 24-08-2010 12:09
i'm not the least surprised that there are lies on the internet, ha. and i fully agree with tabs post.

i'm pretty sure he wasn't the only one, and i always got the feeling that something was off there, but never really looked into it because it was really none of my business. if people want to lie on the internet so be it, i always kept a distance and figured people would know better.

but then it's hard when you know that people are getting hurt by it. kara was being harassed, carole was involved for years..
NightHobbit
NightHobbit | 24-08-2010 12:10
I don't view anyone with suspicion on here maybe I'm bit naiive.
Dagor
Dagor | 24-08-2010 12:12
funny that exaclty he was so pissed about Sierra's story of moving to Czech republic.

And remember this Jeremy dude .. who claimed to be a man and well, actually was one .. hehe.
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 24-08-2010 12:13
I always thought that people online would be more real than they were in 'real life'

that's actually one of the best things about LSI in my opinion. because you get to rant about everything around you with no filters. but i guess people are different
Pandora
Pandora | 24-08-2010 12:21
that's actually one of the best things about LSI in my opinion. because you get to rant about everything around you with no filters. but i guess people are different

exactly. I've always found myself being completely honest, and you can do that with minimal consequence.

rockon
tabitha
Dagor
Dagor | 24-08-2010 12:22
maybe we should invite Carducci-guy to come to LSI .. after all, we know all about him already .. hehe.
gjest
gjest
SPRETTE UT LAGRE sparer ...
Les mer: