no

The 2010 fifa world cup thread

Følg 0
Dele
Legg til emne
Søke
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 16-06-2010 15:26
I've decided to create a topic where all the football fans can discuss the games, the results, make our predictions, etc.. without hijacking the teams thread.

601 till 617 av 617 kommentarer
side 25 av 25
Execujetv12
Execujetv12 | 12-07-2010 23:24
Oh, and I see someone has been hijacking yet another thread to point out what a fabulous dude he is ..

Of course! Ain't nobody f*cking with me man! Yes I am the best, that's definite, and who are you? F you, You nothing like me! I know that isn't fair, but I don't care, I am a high rolling millionaire! - *Sarcasm*

-inspired by Lil wayne

See that is being cocky, arrogant, and complete bragging...
Htd1
Htd1 | 12-07-2010 23:48
I would have given you points if you got the lyrics right at least, so you shall remain at 0.
Execujetv12
Execujetv12 | 13-07-2010 00:06
I would have given you points if you got the lyrics right at least, so you shall remain at 0.

They were changed for the sake of plagiarism, as the keyword "inspired". Thank you for pointing that out, nonetheless.
Htd1
Htd1 | 13-07-2010 00:11
then that makes it even more lame.
Execujetv12
Execujetv12 | 13-07-2010 00:17
*rolls eyes*
Htd1
Htd1 | 13-07-2010 02:13
loser.
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 13-07-2010 09:56
football is not about playing well, it's about scoring. of course playing well usually leads you to score, but sometimes it doesn't. and it works the other way around as well. you can play lousy and then score.

see it's the difference between being effective and efficient - a team can be effective all they want (play well), if they're not efficient (score), they won't win.

i agree that spain played a better game when it counted the most, and that's what matters. as a football fan, of course i'd rather see a team with a campaign like germany's take the trophy home. but don't tell me spain had it easy because they didn't - group stage maybe, but whoever watched their 2nd phase games could see they were overcoming their flaws as a team just to get ahead. so yes, they did deserve it.
Dagor
Dagor | 13-07-2010 11:07
Football is about opportunities as well .. it's not that you have dozens during the game. The score is usually very low. If you had a score like 80-50 it would be different. But that is not football. Football is about creating very few opportunities. If there would be a goal every 5 minutes, an opportunity wouldn't have the same meaning as when you have 3-4 good ones in a game. Now it is something you have to fight for hard. Every team is tactically good in their own way and have some flaws. In the end all that matters is that you can use the opportunity and score. Iniesta did, Robben didn't .. that is the beauty of football .. otherwise it would be called basketball or something
Dagor
Dagor | 13-07-2010 11:21
And if Spain was really so bad that they didn't deserve the title, Germany would have kicked them by 7-0 .. but they didn't
indiechick_
indiechick_ | 13-07-2010 11:36
agreed. actually just the fact that they stopped germany, didn't let them play their game and won is remarkable on its own.
Arual_92
Arual_92 | 13-07-2010 15:16
Thanks Htd1...
yeah, perhaps they lost against Switzerland but it was their first match and they were a bit dozy! plus they dominated that match.. they were UNLUCKY, they could not for the life of them get that ball in. I've noticed that many "good" teams lost or drew in their first match. Mexico - South Africa was rubbish and Mexico appeared to be a very weak team but they proved otherwise in other games.
As far as I'm concerned, Spain dominated all their matches so yeah... it doesn't matter about the amount of goals, it's whether you win or not. They won. So Germany scored 4 goals against Argentina, alrite, that's pretty amazing... but wtf did they do against Spain??? Oh i spose you could say they had a bad match.. but then equally so did Spain against Switzerland. Truth is, their games/tactics didn't work against Spain. Germany, Holland.. they managed to beat a lot of teams, but Spain? dude.. both teams were cr*p against spain. They may have beaten Brazil but lets be honest, Brazil were weak this year!! and Argentina... whatever. In Argentina there is 1 Messi but in Spain there are about 7 of them (not coming from me)
Arual_92
Arual_92 | 13-07-2010 15:30
alrite so im a bit biased because i'm spanish but im really happy!! you should have seen it in my town and barcelona..
anyway. I agree with indiechick, they certainly did overcome their flaws. Spain's defense was absolutely appalling in the first matches but in their final ones it improved so much!
I would say Spain is very effective..they have possession almost always and their tactics are great but they're not always very efficient! Villa is incredible but they don't find it very easy to score, it takes a good while! whereas Germany, well... they scored so much.. they were a much faster team and probably had a very good aim but their tactics weren't exactly remarkable. I remember in one match all it took was for the goalie to kick super far so it practically entered the goal post and then the german was right there waiting and scored. No tactics involved. Pure aim. Pure efficiency. I thought it was a bit cheeky as no football is being PLAYED but there you go, it's allowed so that's that.
Htd1
Htd1 | 13-07-2010 15:34
Oh, and I see someone has been hijacking yet another thread to point out what a fabulous dude he is ..

for once it wasn't myself, or curtis, eh?
Dagor
Dagor | 13-07-2010 16:21
yes, Laura, you are a bit biased, but that is OK
Dagor
Dagor | 13-07-2010 20:59
gabe, are you fishing for compliments? .. hehe
Ray
Ray | 16-07-2010 12:51
Guys,

I see the discussion is running hot in here. This is not the first time other opinions are not respected. If you put your opinion in a thread, expect and accept there are people with other opinions. If you can't deal with that stay out of the thread.

Of course, a discussion has to go with the borders of the LSI rules. If it goes beyond these borders, contact me and do not try to solve it yourself. Do not insult or provoke, that never helps and only escalates things.

Thanks,
Ray
gjest
gjest
SPRETTE UT LAGRE sparer ...
Les mer: