no

Marijuana- Should it be legal?

Følg 1
Dele
Legg til emne
Søke
sorelove
sorelove | 21-09-2005 18:01
This forum is for serious opinions about whether or not Marijuana should be legal. Please keep it clean so it doesn't get shut down.

I personally don't see what the problem with marijuana is. There are thousands of deaths caused by "drunk" driving, but I have yet to hear of a death caused by "stoned" driving. So why don't they focus the attention on the real problem. I heard that the main reason is that it cannot be taxed. Drug dealer doesn't exactly count as a occupation. So just give your thoughts.
326 till 343 av 343 kommentarer
side 14 av 14
Fjerrsyn
Fjerrsyn | 19-05-2010 13:26
Sorry for asking, but what does "elaboration" mean?
I'm not à native speaker and I've never heard that word before, so...
Just wondering.
Dagor
Dagor | 19-05-2010 13:52
To elaborate: To work out with care and detail; develop thoroughly

and yes, it was sarcastic. I never understand why ppl make the effort of posting that they don't care.
RONTX
RONTX | 19-05-2010 15:06
UP WITH HOPE AND DOWN WITH DOPE! LOL

Everyone should watch the Documentary Film, The Union: The Business Behind Getting High (2007) Great watch!

This film should be a mandatory watch for everyone. the world ie the govt, the economy, and people all over will benifit with the Legalization of Marijuana. It'll make countries more passive and less wars will take place lol just a stretch! people can dream of peace...
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 20-05-2010 06:08
such a mistake to group things and label that group as "drugs." drugs are not very similar at all.
Arual_92
Arual_92 | 21-05-2010 14:40
Yeah everyone takes it anyway.. it's one of the "softer drugs" if its taken in moderation. I think it should be legalised...
RONTX
RONTX | 21-05-2010 15:13
It is not a drug( hard drug)! It is a plant in its most natural state! Liquor, cigarrettes, Heroine, Cocaine, Acid and so forth are drugs
I dont consider marijuana as a drug.
Fact: There has never been a case of lung cancer caused by marijuana,
only by cigarrettes and tobacco!
welshgirllowri
welshgirllowri | 21-05-2010 16:14
The drug itself is rather more harmful than most people realise. I am studying psychology, and through it I have learned that marijuana can indeed cause schizphrenia. It does this by destroying the existing dendrites (connections) between nerve cells, and created mutated ones that forge false links and cause pathology, including schizophrenia.

In terms of the whole illegal/lega debate, I have cases for and against legalising it. Keeping it illegal will discourage some people from taking it, but also create a part of the black market for it (i.e. illegal = some people will resort to illegal ways to get it.) If it were legal, there would probably be more idiots walking around being suspicious of the world in general (see my above point o schizophrenia), but it would more than decimate the illegal market for it and enable a nice big tax to be put on it.
RONTX
RONTX | 21-05-2010 16:51
Look at Willie Nelson.. I bet he is one of the biggest smokers out there and yet, is he sick?? He has been smoking since the 70's I dont even think he smokes cigarrettes

Was above stated study on humans or animals?? if on animals, most of the studies i have heard of exaggerate with the substance as in constantly pumping marijuana smoke to the lab animal through a tube for a period of time. Of course any person or animal will have a negative effect if the only thing they breathe in is smoke. Moderation is the key people, you can get sick off of anything if you over do it. Eat an only icecream diet and tell me what the results will be...constant diarrea lol

PoisonCure
PoisonCure | 21-05-2010 18:17
There is NOTHING wrong with marijuana I am completely for legalization as are millions and million of other people, fuck those who think it's a drug and shouldn't be legal
synsilliusarian
synsilliusarian | 20-07-2010 20:19
the studies about marijuana causing schizophrenia are circumstantial at best, or date a few centuries back. science has come a long way since then, and there had been NO studies made that confirm marijuana as sole cause of schizophrenia. while correlation may exist, it does not prove causality. even the cause of schizophrenia on its own has not yet been fully discovered, and anything can be a factor, from a bad childhood, various psychological shocks to genetic disposition. it is fully possible that those kind of people (with bad childhood and the ones who experienced some heavy psychological trauma) tend to try and find a way to cope with their problems and start to smoke marijuana, while already being predisposed to schizophrenia.
there are much more brain affecting drugs than marijuana, and they aren't being accused of causing schizophrenia. there are also no fully conclusive studies to say that dendrite damage causes schizophrenia, and dendrites tend to regenerate with time anyway.
physical lung damage to the body done by marijuana smoke is not worse than those that normal people get by smoking cigarettes, if you consider the usual amount of joints and the amount of cigarettes smoked per day,
and there is no proof that marijuana usage would grow that much by legalizing it.
alcohol is legal and when drunk, people tend to feel good, yet a lot of people doesn't drink, or does so, but only at weekends and such. why should it be any different with marijuana?
medical uses of marijuana are widely known as well, I won't even comment on that.
but speaking of alcohol,
we all know that marijuana usage is high despite it being illegal, but just compare the amount of any kinds of accidents that were done while being drunk and while being high, and compare the numbers.
but it's common sense, really...
let's make a little test,
say you're at a ball game (any ball) and you're sitting, and there's some guy in front of you, yelling like crazy and is aggressive towards people around him. what do you think, is he high or is he drunk?
and alcohol does much, MUCH more physical and psychological damage than marijuana ever could.
and as for that whole "jumped off a building" thing,
ALL drugs, including alcohol and even cigarettes to some degree, all effect people psychologically and the experience depends highly upon the state of mind of the person who uses it (this is also highly visible during alcohol intoxication). it's not the drug that caused it, it's the person who did it. drugs are just a means to an end. guns don't kill - people do
I don't drink, and I don't do drugs, but I'd take marijuana over alcohol any day.
if people would take their time to get to know things better before judging them, then maybe the whole world wouldn't be in this mess that it is today.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 20-01-2020 22:32
Yes. Make it legal for both recreational and medical reasons. It would generate a lot of taxes and jobs.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 20-01-2020 23:33
Marijuana is a very dangerous drug.

Absolutely.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 21-01-2020 01:51
Why do you think so? You even smoke it.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 21-01-2020 02:07
When have I said I smoked it? What?
roxcyn
roxcyn | 21-01-2020 02:14
You said you did in Randomness. It's okay though. No problem.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 21-01-2020 02:16
Likely a one time thing. Most certainly do not need that shit.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 21-01-2020 02:23
Ok, I legit don't mind if people do it.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 21-01-2020 02:30
I don't think I ever said you said that man lol.
gjest
gjest
SPRETTE UT LAGRE sparer ...
Les mer: